Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey's Trade Value Should Go Up

RunPortisRun

As we all know...teams have begun cutting big name players. Ramsey is a QB with alot potential and a very friendly cap figure going into the 2006-2007 season.

I would'nt trade Ramsey for anything less than a 3rd rounder.

Maybe we can get the Dolphins 1st rounder being they are way over the cap (21.9 mil over) and need a QB.

But the question still remains...can we afford a 1st rounder? Anyway...we should get a good deal when the time comes to deal Ramsey because of his cap figure.

Without the CBA, we need to get Ramsey off the books by friday, to get underneath the cap.

Teams know we are desperate to get rid of him.

A lack of a CBA significantly decreases his value, as now, we don't have the option of holding out for many months to get the best deal possible.

As we all know...teams have begun cutting big name players. Ramsey is a QB with alot potential and a very friendly cap figure going into the 2006-2007 season.

Maybe we can get the Dolphins 1st rounder being they are way over the cap (21.9 mil over) and need a QB.

But the question still remains...can we afford a 1st rounder? Anyway...we should get a good deal when the time comes to deal Ramsey because of his cap figure.

I love your optimism but there is just no way that the Skins get a 1st round pick, at best a 3rd rounder for Ramsey. Right now I think we will be fortunate to get a 4th.

I agree I think Ramsey will only bring a 4th rounder because teams know how desperate we are to move him to get under the magic number....

Hmmm, I dont think we are desperate...Ramsey's cap number is only $1.6mil;

That's not alot for a quality QB. I would cut someone else before I cut Ramsey given his value. But who knows....

I agree I think Ramsey will only bring a 4th rounder because teams know how desperate we are to move him to get under the magic number....

Not necessarily. If they can restructure enough contracts in the next couple of days, we may be able to get just under the cap limit. That would allow us to hold on to Ramsey for a while longer, until cap space needs to be cleared for rookie signings, and then injury replacements come training camp.

By then Ramsey's value may be higher due to another teams draft status and/or injuries.

May be wishful thinking, but a possibiliy.

For anything less than a 3rd, he would have more value to the team as a backup, imo.

Edit: Just saw TB signed Simms to a 1 yr deal, one less veteran QB on the market. The longer we can hold on to him, the better, imo.

Ramsey certainly sin't worth a 1st rounder, he isn't worth a 2nd rounder, but we should be able to get a 3rd for him. His salary is not such that teams are going to say the Redskins can't live with him. he is still in his rookie contract. If we are unable to pry, at the bare minimum, an early 4th for him than I would keep him for depth.

This should help at least a little...

<A name=294510>Redskins | Brunell restructures

Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:29:59 -0800

Gary Fitzgerald, of Redskins.com, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/37/nfl">Washington Redskins have agreed to terms with QB <A href="http://www.kffl.com/player/920/nfl">Mark Brunell to restructure his current contract. Specific details of the restructure were undisclosed.

bmw,

That's true but the other side of the coin is that if a team waits to long, another team may beat them to the punch. It's an auction mentality; how bad does somebody want it when the time comes.

With no CBA, maybe some team can unload a vet starter they really aren't happy with who might save them $3-5 million on the cap, get Ramsey for less than that and only have to give up a pick they couldn't sign anyway.

Who knows? Maybe we get someones #1 in 2007 because we can't afford to sing anyone this year either!?

And then that raises the REAL ugly spectre that we might have to just let Ramsey go, just cut him, in order for us to get under! Then, who ever wants him simply has to get him interested.

A strange world may be coming up....

thanks for the laugh. lets just go after the jets 1st round pick. they are way over the cap and need a QB and ramsey has POTENTIAL. the rest of the league is stupid and idiots and and Ramsey has so much POTENTIAL that the redskins went out and drafted a QB last year!!! and signed old brunell to 43 mill contract. but we love that POTENTIAL and everybody in the league is stupid. only we know the facts. :doh:

He won't be worth much, another factor that probably plays into that is the steelers winning the superbowl last year. Now all the teams are going to start their rookie quarterbacks from the start.

I really dont mind in which round we can get a draft pick. Who knows, we could get lucky and find a raw player that just needs to be developed a little.

Where in your post do you show how Ramsey's trade value will go up. Actually is will go down. Teams know that we need to get under the cap. My quarterback's could be possibly be cut to relieve other teams cap situations. More players on the market means less value. Supply and demand. Simple economics.

Hmmm, I dont think we are desperate...Ramsey's cap number is only $1.6mil;

That's not alot for a quality QB. I would cut someone else before I cut Ramsey given his value. But who knows....

I agree, we are not desperate and Ramsey has great value.

We will be desperate though, if we trade Ramsey and then Brunell or Campbell goes down with an injury. We would have a starting QB, with no backup that has any experience in this system. And don't forget, it takes two years to learn the system, as Brunell and Ramsey both struggled the first year.

Bottom line: We don't know how much longer Brunell will be able to play, he's on his last leg.

Ramsey has value because he still has a long career ahead of him. He knows the system and he will improve with more experience, as did Trent Green. And he only gets 1/4 of the money Brunell gets.

We should keep Ramsey this year, then redo his contract at the end of the season. Then release over-paid Brunell in 2007.

Archived