Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Woah, PFT claims Portis has restructured...

fdarugar

Guys, this isn't an option for the players. We work these deals in for players and WE control it. They can't say yes or no. It just happens. This is why most people need to relax and let things play out.

paul tagliabue was supposed to announce the figure today at 4PM, i had read it was supposed to be 96 million but everything espn is putting out says it is 92...

I think there would be an official report if the cap was set, and there hasnt been one so we just have to wait and see...

I won't believe it until I see it from a credible source. If so, good for Portis. Only if others would follow suit.

I'm with you---lets wait and see...but I'm also with you in saying that CP would be quite the guy, which doesn't surprise me...and if it comes to it...i think you'll see a lot of that kind of attitude from a lot of our guys if not all...its one of the great advantages of having Gibbs and emphasizing untiy and team character :)

Again, people, these are contractually obligated triggers. If we want to utilize them, we can. It's obviously true on a guy like Portis. We knew this was to happen the day we signed him.

Yup. And I forget about that too.

LA has stated that he wants to be a redskin, and wants to continue being a redskin for a while. No doubt he has restructured, probably samuels has also. In any case, those restructurings, along with a 6-7 player cut put us under the cap enough to obtain one, maybe two, decent FA's. This is with the current cap of 94.5 mill, and no cba.

Archived