Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is the funniest movie you can think of?

Zguy28

Anchorman

Christmas Vacation

Holy Grail

(top 3 not in any order)

honestly...i started watching anchorman and didn't finish it. I LOVE will ferrell, but that movie was not funny. Holy Grail- definitely funny. But The Big Lebowski? I couldn't even finish that, it wasn't even entertaining!

I'm adding Billy Madison to my list. :) Adam Sandler is one of my faves. And Old School, of course.

Am i the only one that can't stand Jack Black? We were playing a game once and the question "What famous person least deserves to be famous?" I immediately answered Black - didn't even need to think about it.

You should start a thread on that.

I would say Howard Stern.

Seriously, start a thread on that, I bet its funny as hell.

I didnt "get" the big lebowski either.

I thought it was one of those movies that you have to be incredibly high to appreciate.

First of all, there is no plot, don't look for one, it is more of a series of moments.

Watch any comedy stoned and you will have a great time.

Am i the only one that can't stand Jack Black? We were playing a game once and the question "What famous person least deserves to be famous?" I immediately answered Black - didn't even need to think about it.

No, you're not the only one. I find him to be very un-funny and tend to stay away from movies with him as the lead. I can tolerate movies with him in it, but not in every scene.

As for funny movies, as a kid I would watch Spaceballs and The Three Amigos over and over and laugh my ass off everytime.

Modern movies, I'd say 40 Year Old Virgin and Anchorman.

Caddyshack.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Can't believe it took that long for someone to mention caddyshack.

License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

First of all, there is no plot, don't look for one, it is more of a series of moments.

Watch any comedy stoned and you will have a great time.

Im a pretty simple guy. I dont need or even want plot. I certainly wasnt looking for any. Show me some **** getting blown up or someone snorting wasabi and im pretty happy. (please add Jackass to the list) I found very few of those "moments" funny.

Im not big on pot. More of a boozer myself.

The 1963 classic -- and my all-time favorite -- "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World." Every comedian who was big at that time was in it and it's hilarious! The premise is this: an old man is killed in a car wreck at the beginning of the film. Before he dies, he tells the people who find him that there's $350,000 cash buried under something called "a Big W." A wild chase across California ensues in search of the money. It's slapstick comedy at its best and you have to check it out! It's off the chain, folks!

honestly...i started watching anchorman and didn't finish it. I LOVE will ferrell, but that movie was not funny. Holy Grail- definitely funny. But The Big Lebowski? I couldn't even finish that, it wasn't even entertaining!

I'm adding Billy Madison to my list. :) Adam Sandler is one of my faves. And Old School, of course.

See...I was with you when you mentioned Anchorman (I didn't think it was that funny overall, but I do think there were some funny parts) but then you had to go say The Big Lebowski. I love that movie!! And no, I don't smoke pot either.

Billy Madison is a CLASSIC. Hilarious.

rincewind -- have you seen High Fidelity? One of my favorite movies, and Jack Black's best role. I honestly can't believe anyone would say they can't stand him...he's hilarious in my opinion! School of Rock was great.

See...I was with you when you mentioned Anchorman (I didn't think it was that funny overall, but I do think there were some funny parts) but then you had to go say The Big Lebowski. I love that movie!! And no, I don't smoke pot either.

rincewind -- have you seen High Fidelity? One of my favorite movies, and Jack Black's best role. I honestly can't believe anyone would say they can't stand him...he's hilarious in my opinion! School of Rock was great.

Yeah, i saw/liked high fidelity. But it wasn't because of Jack Black, though he's character wasn't totally annoying in it (probably because of the limited on-screen time). But his best role was in Airborne.

Well I'm glad we can agree on SOMETHING....anchorman was humorous in parts, like when they say stuff like "san deigo, which of course in German means 'Whale's vagina' ".... But I definitely didn't bust out laughing in the movie.

But The Big Lebowski? Seriously, what could be considered funny in it? Is it even marketed as a comedy? I guess it is but I don't see it. Maybe the humor came after the hour I watched it and turned it off? Usually everything makes me laugh....but not that movie.

Can't Name just 1 without the others

1. Airplane!

1. Blazing Saddles

1. Caddyshack

1. Animal House

1. National Lampoon's Vacation

1. There's Something About Mary

1. Beverly Hills Cop

1. Spinal Tap

1. Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

1. Young Frankenstein

Well I'm glad we can agree on SOMETHING....anchorman was humorous in parts, like when they say stuff like "san deigo, which of course in German means 'Whale's vagina' ".... But I definitely didn't bust out laughing in the movie.

But The Big Lebowski? Seriously, what could be considered funny in it? Is it even marketed as a comedy? I guess it is but I don't see it. Maybe the humor came after the hour I watched it and turned it off? Usually everything makes me laugh....but not that movie.

You are cracking on the Big Lebowski, but you have no problem like Billy Madison? What is funny about that movie? The funniest part is when sandler say "peeing your pants is the coolest" it is all down hill from there.

I think we are opposites in every way possible :laugh:

Archived