Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boogeyman -- Dan Snyder.

Art

Anyone noticing how nicely the media is positioning itself to make Dan Snyder the bad guy, leaving no opportunity for a positive outcome? If there's a CBA extension reached, Snyder will be mocked for being forced to sacrifice his personal beliefs to salvage this season. If one isn't reached, he'll be taunted for not having the good of the league in his thoughts, just wanting to spend money on players with no fetters.

Despite reports that suggest the real hold up is smaller market teams don't want to be held to the same rules as bigger market teams with regard to how they spend the shared revenue because they don't make as much of their own and therefore don't want to pay a higher percentage of the revenue they do make, it'll be Snyder who is the root of all evil in any outcome.

Anyone noticing how nicely the media is positioning itself to make Dan Snyder the bad guy, leaving no opportunity for a positive outcome? If there's a CBA extension reached, Snyder will be mocked for being forced to sacrifice his personal beliefs to salvage this season. If one isn't reached, he'll be taunted for not having the good of the league in his thoughts, just wanting to spend money on players with no fetters.

Despite reports that suggest the real hold up is smaller market teams don't want to be held to the same rules as bigger market teams with regard to how they spend the shared revenue because they don't make as much of their own and therefore don't want to pay a higher percentage of the revenue they do make, it'll be Snyder who is the root of all evil in any outcome.

The media picking on The Dan?

you and your Media conspiracies :doh:

Snyder is the only person here willing to save the league a lot of trouble and the media still spins it to make him the scapegoat. Jerks.

On this one I agree with you. If a CBA gets done due to Snyder making generous donations/concessions on revenue sharing...he won't be written about positively for possibly saving the NFL from disaster, but the media will harp on the negative. I'd be shocked if any other spin would be put on it.

Yes and it is incredibly annoying. Owners like Dan Snyder are great for the sport. They not only make money for themselves, but for the league and more importantly the players. The media wants to do everything possible to crucifiy him for no just cause other than personal bias.

You have Gene Upshaw coming out and saying that it's not Dan who he is worried about because he actually spends money on players, yet the media continues to do everything to spin it like Dan is the one holding up progress or to revel in the fact that we are facing a cap crunch.

I'm not quite sure how some of these reporters can wake up in the mornings, look themselves in the mirror and say that they are doing a good job and reporting the facts as they are without bias without cringing.

the small market teams argument is crap. Look at Hugh Culverhouse with the old bucs; he didn't spend crap and didn't win but still made a profit. If he had spent some dough like the glazers, they would've made more money like they do now. The Packers play in the smallest NFL city, yet they make plenty of money. It comes down to the fact that some owners are tight wad jackasses like Hugh Culverhouse, and some CARE about the team and the profit like our owner Dan Snyder. Even the Cardinals make a pretty good profit, if they don't want to spend enough to compete - screw them. This is capitalism, I don't have to buy a house for some homeless guy just because i bought a house. It may sound ugly and selfish, but it's true. If we ran our country the way these cheap "small market" owners want, we'd be like the Chinese - communists.

And is their really such a thing as a small market in the NFL anymore with the fair weather fans and the internet and NFL Sunday ticket and fantasy football? This all a bunch of BS made up by owners who don't have enough love for their fans to spend enough to put a winner on the field. I'm sick of losing our players right in the prime of their career to go play for a "small market" team like we are minor league baseball affiliate of that team. We make all of the Culverhouses of the NFL rich. And for the living Culverhouses in the NFL, I hope you all burn in the same place as good old hughie C. There are the Wellington Maras and th Jack Kent Cookes and the Rooneys who helped MAKE this league. Then you have the parasites who feed off of it.

"My only regret is that I can't dig him up and kill him myself"

Hugh Culverhouse's widow after the funeral upon learning that he left $2,000,000 to a 22 year old mistress

Yup, it was expected. It started out as the "Gang of Nine", now it's whittled down to just "Snyder's fault".

What I find humourous is that he is completely in control, and most definately has various "plan-B's" prepared. If low market teams can't handle it now, then they will likely be crushed in the very near future by the top 10 markets (if no CBA).

Edit*Adding this - Ya know, what it looks like is the low market teams asking "hey can we have some of your revenue now so you don't crush us in the future?" Is that how it looks to anyone else? I mean assuming it would be a free for all and no draft and such.

The media picking on The Dan?

you and your Media conspiracies :rolleyes:

Had to fix your smilie.

Its obvious the media hates Danny and the redskins its not hidden just as we see with another high profile guy in DC.

Heck Mike and Mike this morning used only two guys when describing an uncapped year as a season where teams would Steinbrenner their way to a championsip Danny's name was used more than Jerrah Jones.

It's been said "you are also known by the company you keep." I always thought that one had a lot of merit.

One I sort of customized, stealing from that piece of wisdom is: "you can tell a lot about someone from who their enemies are."

Dan's adversaries usually reinforce my thought that he's a pretty damn ok supersmart guy :D

It's been said "you are also known by the company you keep." I always thought that one had a lot of merit.

One I sort of customized, stealing from that piece of wisdom is: "you can tell a lot about someone from who their enemies are."

Dan's adversaries usually reinforce my thought that he's a pretty damn ok supersmart guy :D

I think it was confucius who said, "he who smelt it, dealt it." this also proves to me it's the other owners who have "dealt it" to all of the fans - not Danny

The proof will be in the pudding

If no CBA is reached and the cutting begins... we will see how many low end teams with salary cap money will spend to the limit, with the glut of talent available.

Bingo, you win the prize. They won't, because they're cheap and they'll be proving to Dan and Upshaw just why it was they didn't want to do the CBA with total revenue sharing.

the small market teams argument is crap. Look at Hugh Culverhouse with the old bucs; he didn't spend crap and didn't win but still made a profit. If he had spent some dough like the glazers, they would've made more money like they do now. The Packers play in the smallest NFL city, yet they make plenty of money. It comes down to the fact that some owners are tight wad jackasses like Hugh Culverhouse, and some CARE about the team and the profit like our owner Dan Snyder. Even the Cardinals make a pretty good profit, if they don't want to spend enough to compete - screw them. This is capitalism, I don't have to buy a house for some homeless guy just because i bought a house. It may sound ugly and selfish, but it's true. If we ran our country the way these cheap "small market" owners want, we'd be like the Chinese - communists.

And is their really such a thing as a small market in the NFL anymore with the fair weather fans and the internet and NFL Sunday ticket and fantasy football? This all a bunch of BS made up by owners who don't have enough love for their fans to spend enough to put a winner on the field. I'm sick of losing our players right in the prime of their career to go play for a "small market" team like we are minor league baseball affiliate of that team. We make all of the Culverhouses of the NFL rich. And for the living Culverhouses in the NFL, I hope you all burn in the same place as good old hughie C. There are the Wellington Maras and th Jack Kent Cookes and the Rooneys who helped MAKE this league. Then you have the parasites who feed off of it.

"My only regret is that I can't dig him up and kill him myself"

Hugh Culverhouse's widow after the funeral upon learning that he left $2,000,000 to a 22 year old mistress

I think your minor league baseball analogy is a little off. The Redskins are the team buying up players from other teams. Which is fine. But don't make the Skins out to be a farm system for small market teams. That's not true at all.

I think your minor league baseball analogy is a little off. The Redskins are the team buying up players from other teams. Which is fine. But don't make the Skins out to be a farm system for small market teams. That's not true at all.

Stephen Davis, Fred Smoot, Champ Bailey, Antonio Pierce...yup, we didn't develop those guys at all for other teams...

Stephen Davis, Fred Smoot, Champ Bailey, Antonio Pierce...yup, we didn't develop those guys at all for other teams...

Davis- Extremely injury prone hardly ever plays a whole year.

Smoot- demoted to 3rd corner by vikings after huge signing bonus

Bailey- Good player. Not worth what Denver paid.

Pierce- Good player, Time will tell if he was worth what the giants paid.

Marcus Washington - Colts

Shawn Springs - Seattle

Randy Thomas - Jets

Phillip Daniels - Bears

Renaldo Wynn - Jags

Casey Rabach - Ravens

Cornelis Griffin - Giants

Joe Salave'a - Titans

Brandon Noble - Cowboys

Matt Bowan - Packers

Santana Moss - Jets

Clinton Portis - Broncos

Why not show a little gratitude to the rest of the league. The Skins have taken more in then they've put out.

Davis- Extremely injury prone hardly ever plays a whole year.

Smoot- demoted to 3rd corner by vikings after huge signing bonus

Bailey- Good player. Not worth what Denver paid.

Pierce- Good player, Time will tell if he was worth what the giants paid.

My point is either have revenue sharing or a salary cap - not both. Could we still use stephen davis in some capacity, yes. Same with smoot and bailey and pierce. If we have those guys plus our current guys, don't you think we would be better. I want a level playing field, but i don't think we should get screwed both ways.

Archived