Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3rd down was money for us

Yomar

9 for 16 on 3rd down was one of the biggest keys of the game I think...and the thing that worries me a little bit is that, if we have maybe one or two drops on key 3rd downs (the WRs were money) things might have looked a lot different...that and the opportune drops by Cardinal receivers in the 4thQ are reasons I am still a little worried about what to expect...although I hate to be a downer

Why worry about what would happen IF we drop the 3rd down passes? We didn't. Good teams convert on 3rd downs when they have to. Our receivers have shown all preseason that we are able to make tough catches and big catches when we need them.

That's one of the MANY things that separates us from the lower tier teams such as the 'pokes. :D

One thing I will say Yomar is that while it's not drops I fear, it is good corners. We threw a few balls into tight coverage and Gardner won every battle. In some games those will be lost or intercepted. We're going to lose some games by big margins I'm guessing, but, we're going to keep firing.

good point about the DBs, the Cards D in general is widely regarded as one of the weakest...but also, we probably could execute a little better and not get into so many 3rd down situations too...Philly should be very interesting...

Archived