Extremeskins

The Plan

chow184

The Redskins will not be cutting all of their good players

RELEASES

Walt Harris ($2m)

Matt Bowen ($2m)

Brandon Noble ($1.7m)

Patrick Ramsey ($1.7m) (most likely traded)

Cory Raymer ($1.0m)

John Hall ($1.0m)

James Thrash ($.9m)

Tom Tupa ($.6m)

Antonio Brown ($.5m)

Jimmy Farris ($.5m)

Karon Riley ($.5m)

that's 12.4 million right there

then

"There's a better way for the Skins to get under the cap than what PC proposes in his article. Under his plan, all but one of those players would be accepting less money over the current length of their contract than what they'd get right now, and one (Samuels) would even get less money this season than what he'd get under his current contract. And under that proposal, the Skins would be paying out more money this season AND would be guaranteeing future base salaries (which would accelerate if any of the players get cut). That's neither ideal for the Skins nor necessary.

The Skins can get under the cap by paying those players (plus Santana Moss) the SAME amount of money this season and the SAME amount of money over the length of their current contract. Nobody would take a pay cut, the Skins wouldn't have to pay more money this season and they wouldn't have to guarantee any future salaries.

Here's how to do it --

Arrington -- $4,184,365 base salary, $2,860,635 option bonus, $9,900,506 cap number, $2,145,476 cap room saved

Portis -- $3,410,714 base salary, $134,286 option bonus, $5,375,119 cap number, $100,714 cap room saved

Samuels -- $2,025,397 base salary, $5,974,603 option bonus, $7,486,972 cap number, $2,730,952 cap room saved

Springs -- $3,251,149 base salary, $598,851 option bonus, $5,109,195 cap number, $449,138 cap room saved

Washington -- $2,557,471 base salary, $1,442,529 option bonus, $4,084,769 cap number, $1,081,897 cap room saved

Thomas -- $2,626,437 base salary, $873,563 option bonus, $4,256,828 cap number, $655,172 cap room saved

Rabach -- $1,470,000 base salary, $1,075,000 option bonus, $2,238,750 cap number, $906,250 cap room saved

Patten -- $1,540,057 base salary, $794,943 option bonus, $2,188,793 cap number, $258,707 cap room saved

Jansen -- $1,655,172 base salary, $2,344,828 option bonus, $4,304,704 cap number, $1,298,390 cap room saved

Griffin -- $2,391,667 base salary, $1,108,333 option bonus, $4,052,083 cap number, $831,250 cap room saved

Moss -- $545,000 base salary, $8,365,000 option bonus, $3,241,667 cap number, $1,018,333 cap room saved

Brunell -- $3,406,897 base salary, $593,103 option bonus, $4,988,506 cap number, $444,827 cap room saved

Total cap room saved: $11,921,106, with each player getting the exact same amount this season AND during the current length of their contract (fully complying with the 30 percent rule), and the Skins don't have to pay any more this season or guarantee any future salaries."

that is roughly 24 million in cap savings

as said before in those re-structures

No player actually loses any money,but it lowers the cap hit.

a combination of my reading and a dallas fan(a nice one believe it or not) who happens to be very good at the salary cap and posts on the skins scout.com forum.

the Dallas fan pretty much tutored the skins cap guru over there PCinOZ,so he is VERY knowledgable.

it is a copy&paste job with some tweaks of my own.

a combination of my reading and a dallas fan(a nice one believe it or not) who happens to be very good at the salary cap and posts on the skins scout.com forum.

the Dallas fan pretty much tutored the skins cap guru over there PCinOZ,so he is VERY knowledgable.

So it was Adam that came up with most of that?

The Cowboys fan name is adam he posts here as well

We would have to find replacements for all of those players that u just cut. We have a 2,3 round draft picks. 5th and 6th rounders can't be expected to come in and play, so what do we do for all those other positions?

We could trade away future picks to get a couple more 2 and 3 round picks this year. Including Ramsey for another pick.

I'd be interested in seeing a breakdown by year of a contract of one of the players above and a yearly breakdown of the proposed new contract. If you have one thats not alot of trouble to post.

you would have to talk to Adam about that.....

I just know how to read the final numbers that we save :D

We would have to find replacements for all of those players that u just cut. We have a 2,3 round draft picks. 5th and 6th rounders can't be expected to come in and play, so what do we do for all those other positions?

We could trade away future picks to get a couple more 2 and 3 round picks this year. Including Ramsey for another pick.

all the players cut were depth guys,if the team was healthy none would be starters on offense or defense.

I am comfortable with Frost,so the 40 somthing year old Tupa can leave.

cut Hall bring in Novak

Replacement for who? Maybe Harris. Noble didnt play this year, Raymer was only in the game in an emergency situation against Seattle, Matt Bowen is fifth on the depth chart at safety, Tom Tupa didn't play this year, John Hall is a gimp, Patrick Ramsey rides the bench, etc, etc.

I'd be interested in seeing a breakdown by year of a contract of one of the players above and a yearly breakdown of the proposed new contract. If you have one thats not alot of trouble to post.

It's just dividing up the bonuses and salaries for this year between a salary and an option bonus. The total money is the same. There are no major contract changes this year and no contract changes at all after 2006.

Replacement for who? Maybe Harris. Noble didnt play this year, Raymer was only in the game in an emergency situation against Seattle, Matt Bowen is fifth on the depth chart at safety, Tom Tupa didn't play this year, John Hall is a gimp, Patrick Ramsey rides the bench, etc, etc.

Hall, at least.

And Harris, I guess. And Somebody would have to be the third string qb, though I suppose we Could get Bramlet to do it ;)

But besides that, it looks like a good idea.

Archived