Nobody blames Dubya in a snow storm...

Spaceman Spiff

Dubba's Economy  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Dubba's Economy

• He has done a good job.
    • He really hasn't done anything.
    • He is taking us down the tubes.

I'm real late into this one, and don't have time to read the entire thread. That being said, I lived in the north east most of my life, and Fl now for 12 years. I've been through major blizards, and major Hurricanes.

I'll take blizards any day of the week, and twice on Sundys. There's a big difference between being stuck in you home with no power because of deep snow and high winds, and having your entire neighborhood swept away by a wall of water or wind. I'm not saying that the blizard wasn't a dangerous situation, but to compare the two is just off the wall IMO.

I really do not get that. Ok you helped yourself, isn't that what we all should do. As for Louisiana victims, they got punished by, if I am not mistaken, 2 Hurricanes. People like that makes me sick.

Edit: Did anybody die off of this storm. Did they have to stand on thier roofs and wait for helicopters like thier in war or something.

I'm real late into this one, and don't have time to read the entire thread. That being said, I lived in the north east most of my life, and Fl now for 12 years. I've been through major blizards, and major Hurricanes.

I'll take blizards any day of the week, and twice on Sundys. There's a big difference between being stuck in you home with no power because of deep snow and high winds, and having your entire neighborhood swept away by a wall of water or wind. I'm not saying that the blizard wasn't a dangerous situation, but to compare the two is just off the wall IMO.

Agreed, though ironically, the worst we've had over here was pretty much the same with both a hurricane a couple of years ago and an ice storm back in 98 or 99. Both times there were trees and powerlines down all over the place. But then we only had to deal with the tail end of the hurricane.

So if you know a Hurricane is coming 5 days in advance then you should be able to do something.

Unfortunately, hurricanes aren't phoning ahead 5 days in advance to inform the city that they're on their way.

There are idiots EVERYWHERE that try to "ride out the storm" when a hurricane is coming. Living in South Carolina as long as I did (including during Hugo), you'd constantly hear about the people that weren't going to leave their homes b/c they were afraid that they'd be vandalized after the storm was over.

The people you saw on rooftops were these same types of people, riding the storm out. None of them foresaw that the levees would give and that they'd be stranded well after the actual storm was over. Meanwhile, the Superdome was built to withstand hurricane forces, and would've been a perfectly safe refuge but for the flooding as well.

Archived