Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Economy: How is Dubya doing?

gchwood

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

yeah but how many people work for minimum wage anymore?

Only about 7.3 million but what do they matter?

The average minimum wage worker brings home about half of his or her family's weekly earnings.

http://www.epinet.org/content.cfm/issueguides_minwage_minwagefaq

A full-time worker (working 2,080 hours a year) earning $5.15 an hour would earn $10,712 a year, well below the 2003 federal poverty line of $14,824 for a family of three.

There is certainly no denying that. Some factors, especially those like oil, are completely out of the control of government. We all know (or should) what happened when they capped gas prices in the past (there were shortages).

But According to a lot of brilliant other people we were going to war to get an endless supply of oil.

The median household income rose for 2005 over 2004 4.4% that puts it at about $46,000. This is as good if not better than it was in 2000. Obliviously the number dipped during the recession that insued after the Septeber 11th attacks, but it has risen back up.

yeah but is that the real median household income?

Real as in the increase in wages/increase in prices

:doh: :doh:

Redneck pronunciation of W as in George W Bush.

I am so stupid, I knew about Dubya. I just never thought of it. I feal stupid :doh: :doh: .

As for "Dubya" I honestly do not knwo what he is doing. Am am policticaly stupid. All I know is his approval ratinggs suck and he won't bring the troops home. But anything else I do not know.

Archived