Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your favorite Terminator film?

AbleDanger

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

T2, definately. You guys want to complain about the acting? Linda Hamilton was ten times better in the second movie. SHE was the Hero of that movie, not Arnold. Her change from Damsel in Distress to Militant Hell ***** was so believable, and it had to be to make that movie work.

Also, I just like the idea of two crazy phsyco-killer robots fighting each other for the fate of the world. :)

Funny this thread comes up, I've watched both movies 3 times this past week.

T1 - Better individual scenes, alot car chasing w/shooting the crap out of each other's cars, Arnold is maybe the most bad-ass character of all time, easily the best mass murder scene of all time in the police station, Arnolds opening lines are absolutely hilarious, the Terminator skeleton is the sweetest looking chunk of steel ever. It's an in-your-face movie if there ever was one.

T2 - Exciting, sucks you in, the story is just outstanding. The action is intense and the storyline is written so well that there isn't a moment you aren't either guessing what will happen next or really suprised at what happens next. Arnold's ability to develop human characteristics ends up being hilarious. "Chill out..dickwad." The scene in the Cyberdynes Systems building is truely awesome. And the ending made me tear up as a kid. Hell, it still gets me upset. So it comes down to this simple choice for me...

Ass kicking mood = Terminator 1

Want to see a great movie with some bad ass mofo's = Terminator 2

T3? Never had a desire to see it.

They messed up the characters in T2 too much. The kid was annoying and LH tried way too hard to act tough. You could have replaced the whole cast in T2 with the cast from A-Team and it wouldn't have changed things much.

LH was out of her mind in this one, and that wasn't necessary.

Arnold........showing signs of being a human....enough said.

PG13 PC-ness ..... ugh.

They edited for a good movie in the theater, but the extra footage on the DVD's hurt this movie rather than helped it.

LH was out of her mind in this one, and that wasn't necessary.

Arnold........showing signs of being a human....enough said.

PG13 PC-ness ..... ugh.

They edited for a good movie in the theater, but the extra footage on the DVD's hurt this movie rather than helped it.

Somebody run by me why Linda Hamilton wasn't supposed to be pretty disturbed after what happend in T1...

And on top of that, the father of her child who saved her life was killed in front of her, her son that is so important to human survival had been taken away, and she was in a maximum secuirty psycho ward for telling the truth. Yeah, that would make me a little pissed too.

Especially after seeing the pictures of Arnold roaming around the Mall looking for John with a shotgun. Yeah, she had to be a little crazy to get out of there. I just don't see why she wouldn't become an aggressive person. If my son was in danger I'd bust some mofo's up, too.

As dated as the first one is, I still think it is the best. I really wasn't big on how they turned Arnold into a face when he was a much better heel, plus it is funny to look back at the eighties and laugh. God they had it rough back then.

The 80's was a great decade. When I lived in the DC area, one of my favorite bars was the 80's level at Polly Esther's until they rented it out to another bar owner that changed it completely. :mad:

I gotta say, T3 was not bad at all. I thought it was going to completely suck, but it was almost as good as the first two. Some real seriously good action scenes, and the plot wasn't too much of a stretch. Overall pretty good I thought.

I like T3 as I said before, but Nick Stahl was a bad choice as John Conner. At that stage in his life, John Conner should have been a little more gruff and had more backbone. Otherwise, its not believable that he could become a military leader.

We could guess the main characters would win in the original as well. But, even though we knew they would win in T2, you still had to wonder how they were going to beat a machine that had everything thrown at it, and it just kept taking shape again. It gave you a little bit of the same sense of hopelessness that the original gave you.

Yeah, but they killed one of the heroes in the first one. I like both movies, but I've got to say I think the first one was better. Sure it was a little low budget (it was actually shot in mono, not even stereo let alone surrond sound), but it had a grittier, edgier feel to it than the second. It practically invented the now cliched ending of the bad guy jumping back up after you think he's dead too.

I had some problems with T1, mainly the FX. I could tell that they were FX.

I'm not one of those folks who studies to see if the angle of the lighting in the bluescreen shots matches the foreground lighting. But there were scenes in T1 that were obvious stop-motion.

And my big problem with those scenes is that they weren't necessary. IMO, that movie would've been improved if, for starters, all of the "future" scenes were eliminated.

The only purpose those scenes serve is to tell the audience that Reese isn't crazy. Well, I want the audience to think Reese is crazy.

Untill the Terminator takes two shotgun rounds to the chest, and gets up.

-----

Trivia: I understand that when he was hired, Schwartzneger wasn't supposed to play the Terminator. He was supposed to play Reese. Lance Hendrickson was supposed to play the Terminator, which was supposed to look completely ordinary (duh). Reese was supposed to be the baddest, toughest, guy the resistance could find to go back in time, naked, and fight a Terminator.

Yeah, but they killed one of the heroes in the first one. I like both movies, but I've got to say I think the first one was better. Sure it was a little low budget (it was actually shot in mono, not even stereo let alone surrond sound), but it had a grittier, edgier feel to it than the second. It practically invented the now cliched ending of the bad guy jumping back up after you think he's dead too.

Actually that's credited to Micheal Myers from Halloween.

Somebody run by me why Linda Hamilton wasn't supposed to be pretty disturbed after what happend in T1...

And on top of that, the father of her child who saved her life was killed in front of her, her son that is so important to human survival had been taken away, and she was in a maximum secuirty psycho ward for telling the truth. Yeah, that would make me a little pissed too.

Especially after seeing the pictures of Arnold roaming around the Mall looking for John with a shotgun. Yeah, she had to be a little crazy to get out of there. I just don't see why she wouldn't become an aggressive person. If my son was in danger I'd bust some mofo's up, too.

In the first terminator her character is revealed as someone very strong in the future, not crazy.

But that's not the main point. The main point is they changed so many things in T2.

The over all feel of the movie, from a rated R to a rated PG-13.

The characters have all changed dramaticly.

Arnold looks and feels different, his lines are in a different character or style.

Linda is a nutcase.

There is no sense of foundation from the first one when every thing is so much different.

I'm not saying T2 is bad, I'm just saying the story and the style it was delivered in was better in T1 than T2.

Archived