Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How to address DE

SkinzFan007

Ryan Denny, DE, Buffalo Bills - UFA

Drafted in the 2nd round by Greg Williams in Buffalo in 2002. He's 6 foot 7, 275. Specializes in rushing the passer but is big enough to stop the run.

Heres what ESPN Insider has to say bout him as a free agent:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?playerId=3589

Denney has edge speed and a consistent get-off. He has great size and very good upper-body strength. He can accelerate and close on quarterbacks. He works hard with his hands to disengage from blocks on the pass rush. He is a bit of a long strider but runs well. His recognition skills are solid, and he seldom is out of position. He is tough and plays with good leverage, especially for his height. He is a strong tackler who can uncoil and club up with his arms. He sometimes plays with a narrow base, loses his balance and gets off his feet. He lacks initial foot quickness and ideal change-of-direction skills. His body control isn't great. He can lose his leverage and is vulnerable to the double team. He plays hard, but his effort to finish plays is inconsistent at times. He effectively uses several pass-rush techniques but needs to develop more explosiveness and a better sense of timing.

I think Abraham and a veteran WR will be our FA moves assuming the CBA is extended as discussed. The PR trade is being held up due to the possibility of the CBA reconciliation. The draft will conclude with OL depth and a TE. The combine reports have indicated the Redskins have interviewed quite a few TE's as per the Scout.

I think Abraham and a veteran WR will be our FA moves assuming the CBA is extended as discussed. The PR trade is being held up due to the possibility of the CBA reconciliation. The draft will conclude with OL depth and a TE. The combine reports have indicated the Redskins have interviewed quite a few TE's as per the Scout.

i just cant see us spending the money on Abraham. He wont come at a reasonable price. Howard could come cheaper and id rather have that. I think that a guy like Denny and a young rookie who specializes in the pass rush would be ideal to compete for playing time.

Ryan Denny, DE, Buffalo Bills - UFA

Drafted in the 2nd round by Greg Williams in Buffalo in 2002. He's 6 foot 7, 275. Specializes in rushing the passer but is big enough to stop the run.

Heres what ESPN Insider has to say bout him as a free agent:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?playerId=3589

Denney has edge speed and a consistent get-off. He has great size and very good upper-body strength. He can accelerate and close on quarterbacks. He works hard with his hands to disengage from blocks on the pass rush. He is a bit of a long strider but runs well. His recognition skills are solid, and he seldom is out of position. He is tough and plays with good leverage, especially for his height. He is a strong tackler who can uncoil and club up with his arms. He sometimes plays with a narrow base, loses his balance and gets off his feet. He lacks initial foot quickness and ideal change-of-direction skills. His body control isn't great. He can lose his leverage and is vulnerable to the double team. He plays hard, but his effort to finish plays is inconsistent at times. He effectively uses several pass-rush techniques but needs to develop more explosiveness and a better sense of timing.

sounds like he is worth a look. one thing for certain, when williams likes a player (prioleau) we seem to get him. when he is lukewarm (kearse) we pass

i just cant see us spending the money on Abraham. He wont come at a reasonable price. Howard could come cheaper and id rather have that. I think that a guy like Denny and a young rookie who specializes in the pass rush would be ideal to compete for playing time.

agreed. i keep seeing abraham being another javon kearse...

Archived