Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Enough Already!!!

mikalax2

Maybe I'm a prick, but i'm sick of hearing people say how they feel bad for Ramsey and that he got the shaft. Ever since Spurriers terror he has looked scared in the pocket. When Brunell got hurt 2 years ago he came in and did not look good, and did not win games. During the next preseason he did not look good pretty much whenever he was out there. Then during the bears game he still, in the little time he was in there, did not look good. Obviously Gibbs made the best choice because we went to the playoffs.

Also when everyone is saying how bad they feel for him, remember he did still collect millions of dollars with out playing much.

I do like him and at one point did think he was the QB of our future. But since Spurrier I just have not had confidence in the guy, and neither did Gibbs.

Ramsey has a heck of an arm and lots of guts. Good luck to him wherever he ends up, but i'm ready for JC to take the helm.

HAIL

Maybe I'm a prick, but i'm sick of hearing people say how they feel bad for Ramsey and that he got the shaft. Ever since Spurriers terror he has looked scared in the pocket. When Brunell got hurt 2 years ago he came in and did not look good, and did not win games. During the next preseason he did not look good pretty much whenever he was out there. Then during the bears game he still, in the little time he was in there, did not look good. Obviously Gibbs made the best choice because we went to the playoffs.

Also when everyone is saying how bad they feel for him, remember he did still collect millions of dollars with out playing much.

I do like him and at one point did think he was the QB of our future. But since Spurrier I just have not had confidence in the guy, and neither did Gibbs.

Ramsey has a heck of an arm and lots of guts. Good luck to him wherever he ends up, but i'm ready for JC to take the helm.

HAIL

reasonable.. but he looked better than trent dilfer did at the same point inhis career... some other qb's as well

I think Ramsey did ok in the Bears game, surely not bad enough to warrant a benching...especially in the way he was benched, due to injury. I can't help but wonder how far we could've gone if he was allowed to stay starter for the whole season.

his first int was ugly.. but he got robbed onthe call against cooley. too bad, it could have been different for him

Personally i am sick and tired of Quarterback talk lets just keep one for more than a couple of years.....for petes sake.........But i have a feeling Campbell may be Ramsey'd too. Just a feeling and i hope i am wrong.

i think campbell will get a good long shot.. he was hand picked by gibbs

I think Ramsey did ok in the Bears game, surely not bad enough to warrant a benching...especially in the way he was benched, due to injury. I can't help but wonder how far we could've gone if he was allowed to stay starter for the whole season.

an interception and 2 fumbles in 2 quarters. - He got pulled because he got hurt, then I think after that Joe just felt better with Brunell in there and the rest is history.

...in the pre-season, 2 TD's 4 INT's against defenses that weren't even blitzing, plus we don't know what happened behind closed doors.

I'm not a hater, but I think I understand Gibbs' point of view.

an interception and 2 fumbles in 2 quarters. - He got pulled because he got hurt, then I think after that Joe just felt better with Brunell in there and the rest is history.

...in the pre-season, 2 TD's 4 INT's against defenses that weren't even blitzing, plus we don't know what happened behind closed doors.

I'm not a hater, but I think I understand Gibbs' point of view.

Only one of those fumbles was lost, and considering how he got decapitated on the second one that should've been nullified, he really made only one mistake in his limited time in the game. The interception where Thrash ran the wrong route and he fired the pass anyway, probably off of instinct of where he was suppose to be. People forget Ramsey was moving the ball down the field in that game, aganist a Bears defense that held Brunell to 70 yards passing.

Don't get me wrong, Brunell impressed me last season. Yet he seemed to hit a wall, and was never able to rise above a certain level. If we had a better quarterback I think we could've beat the Seahawks. It's possible Ramsey could've improved throughout the season and finished it a better player than Brunell.

I thought Ramsey was going to be the QB of the future, but he never improved from the first time he took he field. He made the same mistakes over and over. Some people on this board think he is better than he is, but he will never be anything more than an average starter. Sorry Ramsey lovers but he will never be a pro bowler like some people think. When I first saw him come in against Tennessee in his first game, I thought he had a heck of a future. But he was one of those guys you said would be so good in the future, but never got any better.

It's obvious that Gibbs never really liked Ramsey. He just never made enough big plays for us. The best game I ever saw out of Ramsey was the week 2 game against Atlanta in 03'. He had his first 300 yard passing game. Other than that, I haven't seen much from him. And I agree with what was said about him being too panicky in the pocket because of all those savage hits he took that season.

Personally i am sick and tired of Quarterback talk lets just keep one for more than a couple of years.....for petes sake.........But i have a feeling Campbell may be Ramsey'd too. Just a feeling and i hope i am wrong.

Considering Gibbs drafted Campbell, I highly doubt it.

It's no secret PRam is well liked on this board, but the fact remains that he never improved...He has made the same mistakes over and over and just hasnt gotten any better...

This is a mutual split between the team and PRam, he is frustrated by his treatment and his role here...

Good luck to PRam where ever he winds up!

It is clear it was one of those it wasn't meant to be in Washington. No harm no foul, hopefully we get a first day pick for him and hopefully he does well for an AFC team

Great guy, and he was the first player we knew of to visit extremeskins.com along with his brother. Hopefully it all works out in the end

Do I feel bad for Patrick? No. He'll be fine. Backup QB in the NFL is the best job ever. Hell, maybe he'll start for someone in the near future.

Am I happy to see him go? No. I like Patrick. Good guy, smart player, hell of an arm, and I think he could have led this team to good things. Im sorry it didnt work out. He gave us a coupla good years, Spurrier did him no favors and hurt his carreer.

I wish him well in the future. For an AFC team.

I like Ramsey, but maybe his talents just aren't suited to this team.

I think we are finally headed in the right direction. We've been getting steadily better since Gibbs took over. I think we will continue to do so. That hasn't been the case until the last two years. Obviously, the coaches see something in Ramsey that isn't in step with the way they want this team to go. So, best of luck to him. :2cents:

So what is “fair?” That’s what we are really trying to decide, right? Did Ramsey get a fair shot? Did Ramsey DESERVE a fair shot? You say the Redskins make the playoffs, so Gibbs made the right decision. But, does the end justify the means?

First, did Ramsey get a fair shot? Well, I’m not sure how you define “fair,” but to get 1 quarter of playing time in the regular season to prove that you are the right guy for the job, doesn’t seem like much of an opportunity to me. Looking at Gibbs history, Brunell got, what, 10 games the year before despite the offense being terrible and Brunell looking like a JV QB. Now Ramsey gets 1 quarter in which he’s playing reasonable well against a tough defense. He takes a big hit, possibly illegal, and needs to sit out a few plays. Brunell comes in performs on par with what Ramsey had done to that point, the offense manages to get a couple FGS on short fields, and voila!, Ramsey’s season is basically done because Gibbs doesn’t wanna take Brunell out. Move forward 8 days. Brunell is out there leading a putrid offense. They’ve put up 0 points in 3 quarters against Dallas, A defense not nearly as tough as the Bears. Does Brunell get pulled for lack of performance? Nope Gibbs sends him back out there tells him to lob a pass up for Moss because you can’t do much else, and voila! Everyone loves Brunell. Looking at those two things in retrospect I would think you have to agree with the fact that Ramsey did NOT receive a fair shake from Gibbs. But did he deserve it?

Well, remember Gibbs did say going into the season that barring injury Ramsey would be the starter. Did that happen? No. But should it have? I think Ramsey deserved to start that Dallas game. Losing your job because of a temporary injury, while the other QB doesn’t perform much better than you, is questionable. Ramsey was 6/11 for 105 yards and an INT vs. CHI. Brunell was 8/14 for 70 yards. Was that one INT enough for Ramsey to be benched the rest of the year? I just don’t see it. If you look back at the Dallas game, Brunell throws an INT and has basically performed worse than Ramsey the week before. What happens to Brunell? He gets to play the 2nd half and redeem himself. Ramsey has to watch as his job is taken by a geriatric that floats the ball and can only play ½ the field at a time. It seems to me as many times as Brunell had to redeem himself, Ramsey certainly should’ve gotten a few weeks to showcase his talent.

And in the end was it really the right choice? You can say the Redskins made the playoffs so yes it was. But what did they do in the playoffs? What did that offense truly do during the stretch of must win games. The Rams game was all ground attack. In arizona Brunell through enough INTs that if Ramsey had don that he’s no longer on the team. The Dallas game was true domination but the TDs Brunell thew could’ve been thrown by AJ Feeley. The Giants game Ramsey and Portis were as productive as Brunell. And don’t give me that BS about Ramsey’s “poor” throw to Moss. Hasselbeck throws a similar pass vs. the Skins in the playoffs and it is considered perfect because he had to make sure his guy could get to it without the defender knocking it down. Ramsey does it and it’s just a great play by Moss. And then the games against Philly and TB were all defense. Offense didn’t hold up there end of the bargain. Seattle game offense puts up 10 points, the TD came when a defender tripped, while in position to intercept a pass, the ball ricochets off the crown of his helmet into Moss’ arms; that was impressive. In the end the offense wasn’t much to send home about that entire time. So what happens to Brunell in all this, his job is SECURED for next year. You want to tell me Ramsey’s job is safe with performances like that?

I wanna believe in the legend of Joe Gibbs, but to look at the Ramsey situation and say it was handled effectively, is to be about as objective as Lenny on a diet…

So what is “fair?” That’s what we are really trying to decide, right? Did Ramsey get a fair shot? Did Ramsey DESERVE a fair shot? You say the Redskins make the playoffs, so Gibbs made the right decision. But, does the end justify the means?

First, did Ramsey get a fair shot? Well, I’m not sure how you define “fair,” but to get 1 quarter of playing time in the regular season to prove that you are the right guy for the job, doesn’t seem like much of an opportunity to me. Looking at Gibbs history, Brunell got, what, 10 games the year before despite the offense being terrible and Brunell looking like a JV QB. Now Ramsey gets 1 quarter in which he’s playing reasonable well against a tough defense. He takes a big hit, possibly illegal, and needs to sit out a few plays. Brunell comes in performs on par with what Ramsey had done to that point, the offense manages to get a couple FGS on short fields, and voila!, Ramsey’s season is basically done because Gibbs doesn’t wanna take Brunell out. Move forward 8 days. Brunell is out there leading a putrid offense. They’ve put up 0 points in 3 quarters against Dallas, A defense not nearly as tough as the Bears. Does Brunell get pulled for lack of performance? Nope Gibbs sends him back out there tells him to lob a pass up for Moss because you can’t do much else, and voila! Everyone loves Brunell. Looking at those two things in retrospect I would think you have to agree with the fact that Ramsey did NOT receive a fair shake from Gibbs. But did he deserve it?

Well, remember Gibbs did say going into the season that barring injury Ramsey would be the starter. Did that happen? No. But should it have? I think Ramsey deserved to start that Dallas game. Losing your job because of a temporary injury, while the other QB doesn’t perform much better than you, is questionable. Ramsey was 6/11 for 105 yards and an INT vs. CHI. Brunell was 8/14 for 70 yards. Was that one INT enough for Ramsey to be benched the rest of the year? I just don’t see it. If you look back at the Dallas game, Brunell throws an INT and has basically performed worse than Ramsey the week before. What happens to Brunell? He gets to play the 2nd half and redeem himself. Ramsey has to watch as his job is taken by a geriatric that floats the ball and can only play ½ the field at a time. It seems to me as many times as Brunell had to redeem himself, Ramsey certainly should’ve gotten a few weeks to showcase his talent.

And in the end was it really the right choice? You can say the Redskins made the playoffs so yes it was. But what did they do in the playoffs? What did that offense truly do during the stretch of must win games. The Rams game was all ground attack. In arizona Brunell through enough INTs that if Ramsey had don that he’s no longer on the team. The Dallas game was true domination but the TDs Brunell thew could’ve been thrown by AJ Feeley. The Giants game Ramsey and Portis were as productive as Brunell. And don’t give me that BS about Ramsey’s “poor” throw to Moss. Hasselbeck throws a similar pass vs. the Skins in the playoffs and it is considered perfect because he had to make sure his guy could get to it without the defender knocking it down. Ramsey does it and it’s just a great play by Moss. And then the games against Philly and TB were all defense. Offense didn’t hold up there end of the bargain. Seattle game offense puts up 10 points, the TD came when a defender tripped, while in position to intercept a pass, the ball ricochets off the crown of his helmet into Moss’ arms; that was impressive. In the end the offense wasn’t much to send home about that entire time. So what happens to Brunell in all this, his job is SECURED for next year. You want to tell me Ramsey’s job is safe with performances like that?

I wanna believe in the legend of Joe Gibbs, but to look at the Ramsey situation and say it was handled effectively, is to be about as objective as Lenny on a diet…

You just summed up my thoughts exactly. I really hope Ramsey does good on another team because I doubt he will be here next year and if so why? I am happy we had a good year and made the playoffs, but we saw how much Brunell still has left and it's probably not enough to make it to the Super Bowl.

Great post! :applause: Perfectly puts in perspective the bias for any decision Gibbs makes, and the depths of excuses some members of this board will go to justify them. Gibbs is a great man, but he isn't perfect and to act as if he makes no mistakes is idiotic.

Archived