Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Retractable field at AZ Cardinals new stadium

TriangleSkinsFan

On the Discovery Channel right now is the show Extreme Engineering, this episode is about the new AZ Cardinals Stadium. Pretty cool, this thing has a huge retractable roof, and a retractable field. That's right, the field comes out of the stadium and lays flat next to the stadium most of the time so the grass gets good sun etc, then they bring it in for games. This also keeps the concerts and monster truck rallys from damaging the field. Anyway, if you guys get a chance to watch this or TIVO it, I would recommend it. The Host is sort of goofy but the Stadium is cool.

On the Discovery Channel right now is the show Extreme Engineering, this episode is about the new AZ Cardinals Stadium. Pretty cool, this thing has a huge retractable roof, and a retractable field. That's right, the field comes out of the stadium and lays flat next to the stadium most of the time so the grass gets good sun etc, then they bring it in for games. This also keeps the concerts and monster truck rallys from damaging the field. Anyway, if you guys get a chance to watch this or TIVO it, I would recommend it. The Host is sort of goofy but the Stadium is cool.

Woohoo...

The Cardinals are getting a brand new stadium.

Still trying to figure out why.

There really isnt a need for a retractable stadium in arizona. Its kind of a waste.

From what I heard when i was out there, they're doing it because they are growing natural grass on the field. The retractable roof will be open only in the morning, and closed later in the day to prevent killing the grass.

...Also in Sept/Oct they'll keep it closed when it's still hot.

Great idea. I'm glad the owner of the Cardinals has actually taken some initiative towards improving his product...for once.

The people of AZ got totally hoodwinked on that deal.

I remember that they had Jake Plummer going around pushing the staduim deal to the taxpayers. Then he leaves after it gets done.:doh:

Part of the original deal agreed upon by state officials when the team moved here was that the Bidwells would have a new stadium built.

This is what they get, 12 years later.

It's going to be one of the nicest stadiums in the NFL and the Cards might have something never before seen here in AZ: a sell out crowd:laugh:

Season tickets sales are at an all time high, but rightfully so. This stadium is going to be top 2/3 in the league.

Archived