Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best WR's for Skins

oaty49

David Patten and James Thrash?

I know. I know. Everyone says we need receivers more than anything. However, I think getting quality depth on the offensive line should be priority one. We have good enough receivers already. Offensive line injuries have held us back for two years, not receivers.

I mean look: Moss broke the friggin' team record, Cooley looked great, Thrash is reliable, and Patten is a veteran with Super Bowl experience. Compared to the obvious fact that when Jansen and Thomas gut hurt, our offense did not work. And please lets remember that we don't even have theri primary back-up anymore.

From all these considerations, I conclude, offensive line depth is a bigger team need than WR.

Maurice Stovall or Derek Hagans

Marquies Hagans wouldn't be a bad pick in the 4-6th rounds.

Did you watch Derek Hagans in the Senior Bowl and today at the combines? He has dropped many, many passes. Routine passes too. I would not touch him with a six foot pole.

I hope that we do not use our 2nd round pick on a WR since WRs have the highest propensity of being busts and this WR class is generally considered weak. I would prefer to use our 2nd round pick on a DE or a CB.

I dont know much about the WR's comming out, but all I know is please not another 50/50. I just want someone big with good hands, and is a reliable possesion WR. From what I've heard Hagans cant catch so I dont want him. As for stovall I'm not sure about him. I kinda feel like he wasnt the best WR on his team last year. But what do i know. I hope we get someone through Free Agency and draft OL and DL with our first day picks, maybe a good TE if one falls.

These should be our focuses.

Priority Number 1: Wide Recievers

Priority Number 2: Offensive Line Depth

Priority Number 3: Defensive End

Priority Number 4: Getting Replacement for Shawn Springs after he retires. Only if you think he can take that role though.

Priority Number 5: New Punter Or New Kicker, rather just bring Nick Novak back!!

David Patten and James Thrash?

I know. I know. Everyone says we need receivers more than anything. However, I think getting quality depth on the offensive line should be priority one. We have good enough receivers already. Offensive line injuries have held us back for two years, not receivers.

I mean look: Moss broke the friggin' team record, Cooley looked great, Thrash is reliable, and Patten is a veteran with Super Bowl experience. Compared to the obvious fact that when Jansen and Thomas gut hurt, our offense did not work. And please lets remember that we don't even have theri primary back-up anymore.

From all these considerations, I conclude, offensive line depth is a bigger team need than WR.

I don't know who either of these WR's are, nor do I know about anybody coming out of college. (I've never been much into college ball, considering I went to ODU where they have no Football team.) However, I do think that we need to definitely find another very good WR (not a great one, but a very good one). I have been the biggest supporter of Jacobs for the past two seasons, and I was extremely happy about the addition of Patten, I actually thought that he was going to be more of a threat than Moss. However, both greatly disappointed me last season. And we really need another WR. to punish teams for double Moss with a safety and Cooley with LB's and a safety.

I agree O-line needs to be addressed. There was definitely a drop off of the running game when Thomas went down (then again he is one of the best in the league), however I think that we need to continue to work with the players that we have on the depth chart and pray that we can have an injury free season.

Of course this all depends on whether or not we pick up a WR free agent. That could change the face of everything.

I agree O-line needs to be addressed. There was definitely a drop off of the running game when Thomas went down (then again he is one of the best in the league), however I think that we need to continue to work with the players that we have on the depth chart and pray that we can have an injury free season.

The thing that worries me is that we really don't have any players at all on the depth chart. We have Molinaro, Raymer, and Udeke. That's it. Those three guys represent the sum total of our reserve offensive linemen. We absolutely must add a QUALITY backup to this bunch. Those guys stink. If we have to turn to one of them our season is over.

The thing that worries me is that we really don't have any players at all on the depth chart. We have Molinaro, Raymer, and Udeke. That's it. Those three guys represent the sum total of our reserve offensive linemen. We absolutely must add a QUALITY backup to this bunch. Those guys stink. If we have to turn to one of them our season is over.

Do you draft for depth with your highest pick????????? Our starters are in place on the O line. A rookie won't even push Dockery our weakest link who came on strong at the end.

Do you draft for depth with your highest pick????????? Our starters are in place on the O line. A rookie won't even push Dockery our weakest link who came on strong at the end.
In the situation we're in, yes, I think you do. Our highest pick is a second rounder and we do not have a single capable reserve on our entire line. We need at least one reserve who is capable. Ray Brown used to fill that role, and we don't even have him anymore. Do you really want to see Raymer out there at gaurd again? Because I promise you all 5 linemen will not survive the season unscathed and, unless we do something, Raymer or Molinaro will be out there embarassing us.

Of course, this is without even mentioning the fact that our linemen are all overpayed and don't have anybody challenging for their jobs. Do you really think we can draft somebody to push Patten and Moss with our #2? I think it is more likely that we can get a quality linemen with that pick. Regardless, we need to acquire 2-3 offensive linemen this offseason (we only have 8 on the roster now). Given the quality of our depth there (very bad), I would absolutly advocate taking a linemen on the first day. If you must grab a WR with that 2nd rounder, then at least take a linemen with the third rounder.

In the situation we're in, yes, I think you do. Our highest pick is a second rounder and we do not have a single capable reserve on our entire line. We need at least one reserve who is capable. Ray Brown used to fill that role, and we don't even have him anymore. Do you really want to see Raymer out there at gaurd again? Because I promise you all 5 linemen will not survive the season unscathed and, unless we do something, Raymer or Molinaro will be out there embarassing us.

Of course, this is without even mentioning the fact that our linemen are all overpayed and don't have anybody challenging for their jobs. Do you really think we can draft somebody to push Patten and Moss with our #2? I think it is more likely that we can get a quality linemen with that pick. Regardless, we need to acquire 2-3 offensive linemen this offseason (we only have 8 on the roster now). Given the quality of our depth there (very bad), I would absolutly advocate taking a linemen on the first day. If you must grab a WR with that 2nd rounder, then at least take a linemen with the third rounder.

I don't want a reciever in the second I want defense either Corner or DLine. I want us to build on our strength and not see our Very good defense drop more next year. I think the fact Raymer was in there last year was a poor coaching move Lennie Friedman was a quality backup who could play Center and Guard. Raymer never EVER EVER showed he could play guard.

I don't want a reciever in the second I want defense either Corner or DLine. I want us to build on our strength and not see our Very good defense drop more next year. I think the fact Raymer was in there last year was a poor coaching move Lennie Friedman was a quality backup who could play Center and Guard. Raymer never EVER EVER showed he could play guard.
Friedman is not on the roster anymore. These are the three reserves on the roster: Raymer, Molinaro, Udeke. That's it. Do you still think acquiring an offensive linemen is not a high priority?

Archived