Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jets DE Abraham, "It's time to move on."

#1SkinsFan

First off I think that Abrahams value is much larger then Ramsey's being that he is a proven pro bowl DE and ramsey is thought to be mentally ruined by Spurrier. I still think it should be a straight up deal tho because the jets really want him gone. We should not give them patrick and a pick. Next I do think he is a beast of a DE and could help our pass rush out so we do not need to blitz as much, but what worries me is if he is the right kinda guy to fill the gaps to stop the running game. I think he might be a little undersized. All said I do hope there is a new CBA and then we trade them straight up.

Sounds like the perfect match for me. We trade Ramsey to the Jets for Abraham straight up. Or Ramsey and a 3rd or 4th to the Jets for Abraham.

Perfect!

We do not have a 4th Rounder this year. It would have to be a 4th from next year, though I wouldn't trade any picks for Abraham. I would love to find out what Joe Gibbs thinks of Abraham.

Everyone assumes that whatever draft picks get traded between Ramsey and Abraham,that they will be for this year...(2006)...

Since the CBA may or may not get done...I think it's very possible if not likely,that the picks could be for next season...

Like ramsey and a 2nd rounder in 2007 for Abraham and a 4th for this year...2006...?

It's just seems that we continually trade our future picks away for immediate success and then deal with it later...could be good or bad...depending on the draft I guess...?

I don't think it will be straight up however...But I would like us to try and recoup a 4th round pick if possible since we don't have one...

Everyone assumes that whatever draft picks get traded between Ramsey and Abraham,that they will be for this year...(2006)...

Since the CBA may or may not get done...I think it's very possible if not likely,that the picks could be for next season...

Like ramsey and a 2nd rounder in 2007 for Abraham and a 4th for this year...2006...?

It's just seems that we continually trade our future picks away for immediate success and then deal with it later...could be good or bad...depending on the draft I guess...?

I don't think it will be straight up however...But I would like us to try and recoup a 4th round pick if possible since we don't have one...

could be right................................

Ramsey and a 3rd round pick in 2007 for Abraham. - The Jets will have more cap next year and their new staff will have a year to figure out where their holes are and an extra draft pick to help.

as with portis, i see little reason to sweeten the deal. the jets are getting a potential starter at the most important position plus cap relief.

even swap

So Abraham wants to leave, and the Jets are still trying to trade to get Ramsey from us.

Sounds like the perfect match for me. We trade Ramsey to the Jets for Abraham straight up. Or Ramsey and a 3rd or 4th to the Jets for Abraham.

Perfect!

straight uppp..

or for a draft pick

It's pretty evident, that a Ramsey for Abraham sort of deal is in the works. Here are the clues I am seeing:

1) Skins cannot afford Abe until a new CBA is done. So we aren't pulling the trigger unless the CBA gets done soon.

2) We could easily just take a draft pick now, and save the space with no problems with or without the CBA.

3) The Jets are also seeing if Pennington will take a pay cut or not before they make there move.

So my thoughts are, if the Jets and Skins were just doing a Ramsey for draft pick deal, it would have been done by now. But were not, Abraham is in the works, and unless the CBA doesn't get done, Abe will be a Skin. Not saying I want him, but thats my thoughts.

great points all....

as with portis, i see little reason to sweeten the deal. the jets are getting a potential starter at the most important position plus cap relief.

even swap

the difference there is that Bailey and Portis were both proven, as is Abraham, where Ramsey has question marks. - I'd do this trade - we're never going to see a staright up trade for the 2.

Like i've said a few times now in other threads, Ramsey and Coles (jet's no. 1 reciever if you've been living under a rock) have chemistry. They got along great here in Washington....the Jet's like Ramsey, i dont think they want to let him slip away.

i think coles has had enough of weak armed qb's

the difference there is that Bailey and Portis were both proven, as is Abraham, where Ramsey has question marks. - I'd do this trade - we're never going to see a staright up trade for the 2.

all you say is true.. but it is inthe eye of the beholder.. feeley brought a #2, ramsey could as well..

a qb is always the larger value player. plus abraham has put the jets in a corner.

i say hold out for a conditional #2... for ramsey

or a straight up deal

walk away other wise

all you say is true.. but it is inthe eye of the beholder.. feeley brought a #2, ramsey could as well..

a qb is always the larger value player. plus abraham has put the jets in a corner.

i say hold out for a conditional #2... for ramsey

or a straight up deal

walk away other wise

I understand that thinking as well, but the GM for Miami and the Jets that did those trades were both fired. - If anything a team could look at those trades as a warning. - Feely is now a 3rd string QB, just like he was before.

At the same time, I don't think any team would want to give the Jets a 1st round pick for Abraham either, so maybe we could do a lower pick than a 3rd. - I'd just rather see us not give up any more picks from the 2006 draft.

I understand that thinking as well, but the GM for Miami and the Jets that did those trades were both fired. - If anything a team could look at those trades as a warning. - Feely is now a 3rd string QB, just like he was before.

At the same time, I don't think any team would want to give the Jets a 1st round pick for Abraham either, so maybe we could do a lower pick than a 3rd. - I'd just rather see us not give up any more picks from the 2006 draft.

at least our 1st or 2nd rounders. Maybe a 4th or 5th in next years draft for Abraham this year. Maybe..............

Archived