Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predict the next mod

Major Harris

This is an interesting thread... to see how people perceive others in a leadership role.

Heck, if I wasn't the original owner and founder... I can't say I'd be nominated for a moderator role :laugh: And I've been trying to bring on mods ever since that can balance my own personality... and Art's :)

It's a lot more difficult selecting a moderator than you would think. Not only do you have to (1) know the rules.... but you have to be part of the community for a length of time... establish that you are consistently "online" on the site... develop a rapport with people... care enough about the site to want to devote your time and energy to it... have your personality mesh enough with the rest of the moderators (because you'll be talking and arguing with them in email virtually every day)... but also, you have to have the "presence" in the community of a level-headed, tenured, respected and semi-intelligent poster who can control a situation.... earn the respect of the people involved... and do the right thing (even if it conflicts with your own values).

Reducing the odds further.... a moderator selection HAS to be unanimous decision among staf.

Like I said.... I'm not moderator material. The ES staff has been looking for an escape clause to release me for the last 2 years :)

I think I only fit ONE of the qualifications - been with the community a lengthy amount of time. Other than that, I'm probably not Mod material.

I dont know the rules very well, as much as I break them.

Definitely not online consistently.

Probably not considered level-headed.

I dont mesh well with people...............

Damn, this profile of me sounds more like I'm a suspect in a crime, than a Mod prospect.

I think I only fit ONE of the qualifications - been with the community a lengthy amount of time. Other than that, I'm probably not Mod material.

I dont know the rules very well, as much as I break them.

Definitely not online consistently.

Probably not considered level-headed.

I dont mesh well with people...............

Damn, this profile of me sounds more like I'm a suspect in a crime, than a Mod prospect.

:laugh: :laugh:

Don't fret, some of the current mods were similar before promoted :silly:

I also expect whomever is selected as a mod would change anyway, you would have too. There is nothing wrong with change, and it benefits many. Just like going into management, you still do some of the older things, howver there are a lot of changes.

I'd say the Queen too. An island of rationality amongst the sea of testosterone. ;) She was a walk on as a poster and represents herself. Which could be interesting in any type of contract negotiations. Besides, anyone who can type that fast with those nails get's a thumbs up. :silly:

And I can now say that I've marked the date today. Someone called me level headed.

( There's an opening for you guys right there. You're welcome. ;) ).

(OK, so this is a kind-of tie-in to the "Random Thoughts" thread):

I'm imagining ES cutting one of the Mods, and he winds up modding an Eagles board.

:)

Someone would need good money to mod over there. That's definately the Land of the Lost

(OK, so this is a kind-of tie-in to the "Random Thoughts" thread):

I'm imagining ES cutting one of the Mods, and he winds up modding an Eagles board.

:)

That DID happen. But in a different kinda way. :laugh:

Question - Are Mods assigned one forum at a time, like Tailgate or Stadium ?

Or on their Mod shift, do they bounce back and forth from forums ?

Nope. No one forum at a time, but we have discussed turning Tailgate over to Sarge, Navy Dave, & Chom. Could make things more interesting. :silly:

Whatever happened to Navy Dave ?

Him and bulldog used to post 30 times a day, now I only see him once every several months, if that much ?

Navy is opening a new business somewhere. I suspect he's rather busy. Bulldog posts mainly during the season

This is an interesting thread... to see how people perceive others in a leadership role.

i'd bet that some of the names that have come up are on the short list.

It's a lot more difficult selecting a moderator than you would think.

i don't envy the staff for having to make those decisions. i'm sure it's not easy.

as the site continues to grow, the staff here at ES will surely get bigger and bigger. i saw iheart coming from a mile away before he was added, and i always thought this would be a fun thread.

so, who's your prediction for the next new mod? i'm saying jrock. he's been practicing for a while.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I would have said I am probably the farthest from being a mod on this board, except then I saw Dean suggested nelms. :laugh: :wtf:

Thanks for the nod MH...but I just don't see it happening.

I might get one vote...but that's only if they voted soon while my "good deed" is still fresh in his memory. If they wait much longer than two weeks, I'll probably manage to piss him off again. :laugh:

Seriously though, I would guess PCS; I was surprised when it wasn't him who was selected the last time (Nothing against you, Pete, you were a logical selection as well :)). He's always had a cool hand when things got dicy around here.

If not PCS, then maybe Skins Hokie Fan...he's another rational, well-informed poster (and has been around for quite a spell). This is an interesting thread, however...it'll be interesting to see if it sways the mods opinions at all on their next selection.

If I am somehow selected as mod, however, I will demand a Gregg Williams avatar!! :silly:

i don't think it'll be jrock... i don't think he can be unbiased ;) He likes to argue too much.

Ooooooooooooooh....MissU is going to be my first ban! You're outta here, sweetheart! ;) :laugh:

If elected, I would like to mention that I'll be taking bribes. Want to ban somebody? Want a sticky on your thread? Money talks, ladies and gentlemen! :D :laugh:

Archived