Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can the Sports Junkies make it as Stern replacements?

Thanos

No. They suck.

Your opinion. I don't think they suck. In fact, I thought Howard, in his present state and age, was getting old. Don't get me wrong, he has that personality that despite his HUGE celebrity status, finds a way to connect to the common man. But, he ****es too much now.

The junkies are funny. It's like you and your buddies having a sports conversation at the bar. Entertaining. Not necessarily enlightening though....Then again, when has Stern ever been enlightening?

I never understood the obsession with Stern. He's not very funny to me, and everyone in the studio has the fakest laughter, cause it ain't really funny to them either. Stern did conduct an amazing interview with Rodney Dangerfield so I wouldn't say he is completely without talant.

The Sports Junkies are also idiots IMO. When Florida State QB Wyatt Sexton came down with a severe case of lime disease after a Dave Mathews show (they found him laying in the street urinating and saying he was god) the junkies acused Florida State of a cover-up, claiming Wyatt Sexton was really on acid or cocaine and had an overdose. Sexton's dad is a coach at FSU. Meanwhile, dude was in the hospital for 6 months. That accusation was flat out wrong and showed a complete lack of class.

Your opinion. I don't think they suck. In fact, I thought Howard, in his present state and age, was getting old. Don't get me wrong, he has that personality that despite his HUGE celebrity status, finds a way to connect to the common man. But, he ****es too much now.

The junkies are funny. It's like you and your buddies having a sports conversation at the bar. Entertaining. Not necessarily enlightening though....Then again, when has Stern ever been enlightening?

Howard definitely ****es too much, which is why I stopped listening too him prior to the election of 2004. Sports Junkies still suck.

Used to be a junks fan when they were original (their old 7pm show and before that their Saturday evening show), but they became tiresome when they started incorporating a Don and Mike like show and got away from sports. I switched back to Howard after the Junks got espanoled from WHFS and have followed him to Sirius. His show is awesome on Sirius, so is the Bubba the Love Sponge show. I got Sirius about 3 months ago and I have only listened to one station on regular radio since. WTEM for the Monday Morning QB show and the Monday evening Coach Gibbs show. If you don't like Stern, you can always listen to NFL radio.

Interesting aticle in the Washington Post magazine on the Sports Junkies.I thought they were syndicated late night about six or seven years ago and it didn't work.

I've had XM/Sirius since 02 and haven't heard them since.They're good in small doses but everyday can be tiresome.

Archived