Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If No CBA is reached by deadline...

jtyler42

If no CBA is reached by the deadline I think our draft strategy for this year should change...

As it stands we dont have a first round pick this yr, I think if 07 is uncapped we should trade our first round pick from 07' to get into the first round this yr so we can address our WR/DE need w/a quality player and then we can use the 07 uncapped yr and hit FA hard to replace not having a 1st that yr...

What do you think of this plan, and do you think that this could be part of the plan Vinny said that we have laid out depending on what happens w/the negotiations?

Discuss....

If no CBA is reached by the deadline I think our draft strategy for this year should change...

As it stands we dont have a first round pick this yr, I think if 07 is uncapped we should trade our first round pick from 07' to get into the first round this yr so we can address our WR/DE need w/a quality player and then we can use the 07 uncapped yr and hit FA hard to replace not having a 1st that yr...

What do you think of this plan, and do you think that this could be part of the plan Vinny said that we have laid out depending on what happens w/the negotiations?

Discuss....

I know the CBA is looking dim, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves and start trading our future first round picks.

That's actually a good idea. It would have to be at the end of the first round because of cost. We need several quality players that can contribute immediately and those are the ones you find in day 1. Next year if it is uncapped we won't need the draft as much. We have 2 day one picks now. We could possibly get a third rounder for Ramsey, and I would say we have an outside shot at getting one as a compensatory pick for Pierce and/or Smoot. If we don't get either and have only 2 day 1 picks, I like the idea if we could get good value. Last year we gave up a 3rd in 05, 1st and 4th in 06 for the 25th pick in the draft. We couldn't give up our 3rd this year. The equivlent would be a 1st 2nd and and 4th next year which would deplete our draft. I guess it all depends on who the trade partner is and what they want and also who is available. If we could snag Vernon Davis or Kiwi in the later part of the 1st I would say go for it.

Archived