Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

''Trading''

RammsteinSkins

:laugh:

-------------------This guy's age

are you laughing at his age or his question? because he is 9 and he belongs to me -- he loves Redskins football and loves to talk to anyone who will listen about the Skins , so if you don't want to respond to his thread at least don't laugh at him for trying

I just can't believe the numbers at the end of his user name.:laugh:

Ok little buddy, I'll give it a try. The only surprise cuts I see would be a guy like Walt Harris, who is aging but still can contribute.

A trade for a defensive end or cornerback is possible but I can't see Joe Gibbs shaking up the team too much and trading our players. Maybe picks but not players.

Rock on little man and HAIL TO THE REDSKINS.

I just can't believe the numbers at the end of his user name.:laugh:

Ok little buddy, I'll give it a try. The only surprise cuts I see would be a guy like Walt Harris, who is aging but still can contribute.

A trade for a defensive end or cornerback is possible but I can't see Joe Gibbs shaking up the team too much and trading our players. Maybe picks but not players.

Rock on little man and HAIL TO THE REDSKINS.

thats my birthday

:laugh:

-------------------This guy's age

dude, he actually phrased the question with better grammar than most other threads here. I think it was a valid and fair post.

redskinzfan420, the topic has been discussed often here, there are probably other threads right below and above to help answer your question.

Welcome though!

who do u think on the redskins should be traded or cut?

I have been fed up on wasting time with JT, but am willing to wait and see how Saunders views him before losing all hope. I like Harris despite his weak periods last season, but figure he'll go.

Raymer is one most people want to see go but we'll need to find another b/u center and most of the issues with him came from him trying to play out of his position against a play-off team. I'm "whatever" on him.

I am think more about the guys who I don't want to see go but could, like Rock, Clark, and Evans.

My biggest deal about Lavar or Pat is just hoping we get something of value for them and not "just to get rid of them." There is a real plus-side to keeping Lavar though he's overpaid, he's not the only one.

Who are some of the guys you think we should trade?

You will see a many of the usuall suspect on the cut trade list. By usual suspects I mean guys that have a large salary cap number yet do not start or are experiencing a decline in level of play.

This probably includes, among others, guys like Patrick Ramsey (trade), Brandon Noble (cut), and Matt Bowen (cut).

yes it is and I already know what you're talking about -- i may be 9 but I'm aware of what the date means -- you are not the first to say somethng about the date and i have an older brother who told me a long time ago

Let's smoke thick homie. And ill tell you extravagent stories about the best team in America.

Hi redskinfan420, I have a son your age, and he's a Redskin's fan too of course. As for trades, who knows what's going to happen. As we have seen the last couple years with Joe Gibbs, expect the unexpected.

And to your mom, Betsy, I can't imagine having such a young one at 43 :-) I'm 30, and my 10 year old is a handful for anyone my age. I'm in pretty good shape, and he still has far more energy than me :-)

Taylor Jacobs or James Thrash could both easily have been made reference to.

I still like Thrash, 44, I still see him as very important on teams and I still think he has catching skills.

His performance at receiver here more reflects that our #3 and 4 (even 2) have an tough role given our QB's (as would be the case with most in the league) and our play-calling, IMO.

For anyone to come in only infrequently at #4, or even #3, and have really dependable production, you need to either be throwing to those 3/4 guys often enough like old Warner/Rams, or at least doing it somewhat regularly and have a good adjusting QB like Peyton or Brady.

You also need consistent pass blocking from your line and often that extra second to throw to the "new" guy.

I think we had weaknesses at times in those areas that were part of all pass production limitations outside of Moss & Cooley, including Patten.

But people may have to go, and I won't be surprised to see Thrash among them, I just hope they don't have a scenario where they give Jacobs a roster spot at Thrash's expense.

who do u think on the redskins should be traded or cut?

Hail Redskinzfan420! When I was nine, I'd have been right here on this site asking the same thing (of course, there was no Internet then!).

I really think Patrick Ramsey is the only player we're seriously considering trading. The problem we have now is that there are other pretty good QBs out there as well, such as Drew Brees and maybe Duante Culpepper and Brian Griese. I haven't heard this anywhere yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Ramsey traded to the Ravens for a draft pick.

As for cuts, unfortunately this is a tough time in the NFL. The players and owners are having a tug-of-war (and in fact, some of the owners are having a tug-of-war against other owners!) so we won't really know what players we'll have to cut until all of that is settled. The players want more money, the owners want more money, and meanwhile, we just have to sit and wait.

P.S. Don't listen to some of the people on this site....their age might say 20 or 30 something (in fact, some of them are only a few years older than yourself!), but they still haven't learned how to "play well with others." And mom, you go get 'em and keep raising them Skins fans! :-)

Hail,

Harry

Archived