Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins apparently showing interest in Anthony Mix

Sunburn

You don't have to have great speed, superb ups, or any of those other physical tools to be a great TE. You have to have good hands, run smart routes, and know how to block. Cooley is excellent at those last three with above average athleticism. I've said it many times before, but Chris Cooley is going to be the best TE in the league either next year or the year after.

As for Anthony Mix, I have no idea what to think of him. He is big, but that is all the scout page gives. I can't wait for the combine to be over with so I get start pouring over #s. Its going to be exciting when I get to use facts to pretend like I actually know something. hehe

We could use a big guy like that at WR or TE. Campbell probably has played with this guy a bit, which is good. Remember we have a lot of picks later in the draft. He would certainly be worth looking at.

We don't have that many picks. We are missing our 1st and 4th that went to Denver, and we have an extra 6th from Carolina. So we have 2nd,3rd,5th,2 6th's and a 7th. Hopefully we'll get a 3rd or 4th for Ramsey, and maybe a supplemental pick from losing Pierce and Smoot. Maybe a 3rd or 4th.

I've said it many times before, but Chris Cooley is going to be the best TE in the league either next year or the year after.

I love Cooley and think he's already one of the best but he's never going to be THE best TE in the league. We're all skins fans here and I know we'd all love all our guys to be the best but that's just not reality. Some people here need to realize that.

We could use a big guy like that at WR or TE. Campbell probably has played with this guy a bit, which is good. Remember we have a lot of picks later in the draft. He would certainly be worth looking at.

Yeah, and I think we should draft Courtney Taylor, next year---6'2" 206 WR. Love watching him play. Led Auburn with catches as only a sophmore.

Auburn fan here. I like Mix, but I don't feel that he is NFL caliber. He was the 4th receiver on Auburn behind Aromashadu, Taylor, and Obamanu. If given a chance, perhaps Mix can be a good third or a fourth receiver, but I dont' see it right now.

I'm with this guy...if Mix was a good NFL prospect he would have produced at Auburn. While the physical abilities might be impressive, the production doesn't say he's worthy of much more than a late round pick.

I don't know why people feel we need a Gonzalez type TE in our offense. Cooley is a Frank Wycheck type player and will be consistantly good for us for years. He may not have the pure atheletic ability of a Gonzalez or Gates, but that won't keep him from being a very productive football player.

Maybe Campbell suggested they look at Mix. I think over the coming days we're going to hear about all sorts of guys the Redskins are supposedly interesting in. Additionally, every FA and their agent is going to say they've been contacted by the Redskins and there is interest. It's a fact of life, brace for it, try to relax and take it all with a grain of salt.

I'm with this guy...if Mix was a good NFL prospect he would have produced at Auburn. While the physical abilities might be impressive, the production doesn't say he's worthy of much more than a late round pick.
Well we have plenty of late round picks, don't we?

Mix is unlikely to play TE. He started off at TE and wasn't a very good blocker at the collegiate level. I don't see how he could replace Robert Royal in blocking situations.

Mix is an intriguing prospect. He's absolutely huge and strong, but has the speed and quickness of someone smaller. He can snatch the ball out of the air or he can drop easy passes. He can run through many DBs but needs work on his route-running. In short, he looks like he could develop into a TO-type receiver, although he doesn't have TO's amazing acceleration.

Guest mwill008

Mix is a prospect that will fly under the radar. He could be a H-back at size and also line up at te and wr which could be a interesting blend. A key thing to consider that Auburn runs a similar offense to the Skins and he would be someone that has a chemistry with Campbell.

Tom Mix was a great cowboy

HAHAHAHA! I dont remeber any of his movies (due to being 18)... but i have a cabin in upper PA (Cameron County) and apparently that is where Tom Mix was from. Everytime we go up there we go to his old house and its kind of a museum of all that he has done... its pretty neat!

Mix is unlikely to play TE. He started off at TE and wasn't a very good blocker at the collegiate level. I don't see how he could replace Robert Royal in blocking situations.

Mix is an intriguing prospect. He's absolutely huge and strong, but has the speed and quickness of someone smaller. He can snatch the ball out of the air or he can drop easy passes. He can run through many DBs but needs work on his route-running. In short, he looks like he could develop into a TO-type receiver, although he doesn't have TO's amazing acceleration.

Why do we need a TE/HB don't forget about Robert Johnson--not to name the rest but another Auburn product.

Guest mwill008

I have Anthony Mix in my top 12 prospect. Because the redskins will to address thier issues in the draft without a new CBA. Money wise it would seem more sounds, because we need a WR and TE we could get alot cheaper in the draft. Player like Martin Nance, Anthony Mix, Jeff King, and Demetirus Williams are not getting much coverage and can slip into our grasp and be very effective.

Auburn fan here. I like Mix, but I don't feel that he is NFL caliber. He was the 4th receiver on Auburn behind Aromashadu, Taylor, and Obamanu. If given a chance, perhaps Mix can be a good third or a fourth receiver, but I dont' see it right now.

He's projecting to TE with his size/speed combo. Looks like a late round project type though. Depending on what Gibbs/Saunders want out of a TE there are a lot of day 2 guys that could get a look.

There's a balanced guy like Jeff King. A pass catching guy like A. Mix. And then a blocker like Sypniewski...

Archived