Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So would you rather have Randle El on the Skins or face him twice a year?

Combatant

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/13949124.htm:

INDIANAPOLIS - In the next few weeks, Terrell Owens finally and officially will be leaving the Eagles. If he is on their roster March 8, 5 days into the NFL year, the Birds will owe T.O. $7.5 million in bonus money, which they have no intention of paying.

There won't be a T.O.-level wide receiver talent available this spring, either through free agency or in the draft, but despite their public posturing about being happy with their remaining receivers, the Eagles are expected to try to upgrade at the position.

Antwaan Randle El seems to be their main target, as the free-agent wideout with the biggest upside, assuming the Pittsburgh Steelers

So would you rather have Randle El on the Skins or face him twice a year?

From what I hear, defensive coordinators have a hard time planning for this guy.

Before anyone says it......No, I am not underestimating Greg Williams.

I totally agree. I would rather play our secondary against Randel than TO on any day of the week. Besides, the Eagles are in just as much cap hell as we are. They will not get him either. He is going to Chicago.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/241sd8.htm:

Randle El seen as a 'luxury'

INDIANAPOLIS — The Bears hardly sound like a team getting in line to make a run at Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Antwaan Randle El, a potential free agent.

The acquisition of another pass-catching threat to complement Muhsin Muhammad — Randle El, for instance — apparently isn't high on their list. "I don't consider that a need," said Bears general manager Jerry Angelo, who listed Mark Bradley, Airese Currie, Bernard Berrian and Justin Gage as alternatives to Muhammad in the passing game. "We're going to look at several positions, and if we can upgrade we will. But to target that (position) in particular, I can't say that.''

I totally agree. I would rather play our secondary against Randel than TO on any day of the week. Besides, the Eagles are in just as much cap hell as we are. They will not get him either. He is going to Chicago.

They are? I always thought they were under the cap consisitently.

The Eagles are about 6.5M under at this point and will get about 6.5M of cap credits from 05 cap space and they will save about 6M of cap space when they cut TO so they will be about 18M under.

What is everyones obsession thinking Randle El is the best player in the league? He hasn't caught more than 50 passes in a season. So he is versitile, so was Kordell Stewart. People need to relax and stop acting like he is Randy Moss or something.

What is everyones obsession thinking Randle El is the best player in the league? He hasn't caught more than 50 passes in a season. So he is versitile, so was Kordell Stewart. People need to relax and stop acting like he is Randy Moss or something.

I simply asked would you rather have him on our team or play him twice a year. His versatility is much more dangerous than Stewart, you always knew Stewart would be in the backfield, you never know where Randle El will be.

Randle El is the most overrater WR in the league, just look at his career numbers. I understand his gadget plays are a great commodity but at most he will have 2-3 that work the whole season. I'd rather have a reciever get 750 yards and 5 tds. Reggie Brown would be more of a threat on the Eagles offense.

I think we end up with Givens of New England.

I don't think we are going to end up with a big name receiver from FA. We might get lucky and have a decent receiver drop into the second round, but considering that this is one of the worst receivers corps coming out of college, it doesn't look good. I think we are going to rely of the receivers we have now.

Is he still alive?

Yea, i mean if you look at what he has done in his career he gets a pretty bad rep. He had a couple really big games last year and I still have some faith in David Patten under the new Saunders system. A WR corps or Moss, Patten, Hakim, and Boerigter wouldn't be terrible. Hakim almost signed with the Cheifs two years ago so their might be a link there also. At this point with our cap situation beggars can't be chosers, anything will help this offense and if we got Hakim we could afford cutting Brown as our PR guy.

The Eagles are about 6.5M under at this point and will get about 6.5M of cap credits from 05 cap space and they will save about 6M of cap space when they cut TO so they will be about 18M under.

Thanks for the info guys, I thought I read that they were one of the teams that need the CBA to be extended. Okay, I stand corrected. Thanks. :silly: .

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/241sd8.htm:

Randle El seen as a 'luxury'

INDIANAPOLIS — The Bears hardly sound like a team getting in line to make a run at Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Antwaan Randle El, a potential free agent.

The acquisition of another pass-catching threat to complement Muhsin Muhammad — Randle El, for instance — apparently isn't high on their list. "I don't consider that a need," said Bears general manager Jerry Angelo, who listed Mark Bradley, Airese Currie, Bernard Berrian and Justin Gage as alternatives to Muhammad in the passing game. "We're going to look at several positions, and if we can upgrade we will. But to target that (position) in particular, I can't say that.''

I think Chicago is very interested in Randel...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-060125bears,1,6045630.story?coll=cs-bears-headlines&ctrack=1&cset=true

Versatile Randle El prime target for Bears

Draft focus is on tight end, secondary

By John Mullin

Tribune staff reporter

January 25, 2006, 10:03 PM CST

MOBILE, Ala. -- The Bears will not be big players in free agency, but that doesn't mean they won't play.

"We have 'wants,'" pro personnel director Bobby DePaul said Wednesday. "We don't have super 'needs.' That's a good place to be in."

Talk around this year's Senior Bowl practice week is that the Bears' first priority will be Pittsburgh wide receiver and premier returner Antwaan Randle El when free agency begins in March. Randle El, from Thornton High School in Harvey by way of Indiana University, has averaged 40 catches for 12.4 yards and 42 punt returns for 9.5 yards during his four seasons with the Steelers.

Look at the date of your article. Granted, the bears could be playing off their interest, but things can change, especially something said a month ago.

Look at the date of your article. Granted, the bears could be playing off their interest, but things can change, especially something said a month ago.

I have seen this rumor more recent then this article. But you are right. I quess we will have to wait and see how this one plays out. :)

Archived