Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ahmed plummer

skinz1972

how good is mike williams? he'd have to play back up since we already have 2 great tackles

Bust out the film of this past season young grasshopper.

To say Chris Samuels is a great tackle is quite a stretch.

Pay particular attention to games vs Bears, NYG, Chiefs, Cowboys (game 1), SD, Oakland, and both games vs Bucs.....not to mention the performance he turned in at the pro bowl. For one, I have no idea how he got there. For two, Kyle Vanden Bosch owned him all day long. He looked so good against Samuels that the Titans ended up coughing up a bigger contract for him. Samuels is one of the most overrated tackles in the league. Everyone talks about Lavar's contract but Samuels is GROSSLY over paid.

Pay particular attention to games vs Bears, NYG, Chiefs, Cowboys (game 1), SD, Oakland, and both games vs Bucs.....not to mention the performance he turned in at the pro bowl. For one, I have no idea how he got there. For two, Kyle Vanden Bosch owned him all day long. He looked so good against Samuels that the Titans ended up coughing up a bigger contract for him. Samuels is one of the most overrated tackles in the league. Everyone talks about Lavar's contract but Samuels is GROSSLY over paid.

I guess you didn't happen to watch him contain dwight freeney all Pro Bowl, dont ever say that about samules. tackle is the hardest position in the NFL, furthermore, chris does more then an admirable and was well deserving of his pro bowl nod. :helmet: :logo:

:rolleyes:

Samuels pounds his man 99% of the plays, he gets beat once(if at all)and suddenly he's the next Andy Heck.

I guess you didn't happen to watch him contain dwight freeney all Pro Bowl, dont ever say that about samules. tackle is the hardest position in the NFL, furthermore, chris does more then an admirable and was well deserving of his pro bowl nod. :helmet: :logo:

Just because tackle might be the hardest position doesn't mean someone can't be bad at it so that really has nothing to do with it. Now I'm not saying he's bad. He's a good tackle, not a great tackle. I was shocked that he made the pro bowl but I'm still happy to have him on our team and I think under Buges he can get even better.

Back on topic. I think Mike Williams is going to look for starter money and I think he's going to get another chance somewhere. I doubt he'll deliver but someone will try. And Plummer has played something like 4 games in two seasons so I don't think he's what we're looking for either.

I got no problem with Samuels, but that was the Pro Bowl that he contained Freeney, I'd like to see how he fares next year against him when we play in the regular season

Archived