Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ty Law looking for $10M in guaranteed money!

Oldskool

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

Law too costly for Miami

<Feb. 23> As expected, the Jets and Law parted ways this week, largely due to the $11 million option bonus Law was due March 3.

The five-time Pro Bowl player says he wants to play for a contender and has identified Miami has an appealing destination. However, the odds are against Law winding up in a Dolphins uniform, the Palm Beach Post reports.

After playing for the discounted price of $2.5 million after foot surgery, the 32-year-old is looking for his final big payday in guaranteed money.

"I'd say around $10 million," Law said.

The Dolphins likely will balk at giving a big contract to an aging cornerback who at one point last season had nearly twice as many pass interference penalties (nine) as interceptions (five).

Meanwhile, the Chiefs and new coach Herm Edwards are expected to show interest, the Kansas City Star reports. The team will have to clear some cap space and is expected to approach several players about restructuring their contracts.

He had 10 picks last season.

Ok, 10 picks and how many snaps did he have all season? Having 10 picks doesn't mean he didn't get beat like a drum, and he's too old to expect any team to pay him a 10 million signing bonus when he won't even be able to beat out a special teamer for a starting spot in two years or less.

You people crack me up.

What's wrong with wanting a lot of money? Everyone wants out of the Jets organization. He's a free agent coming off of another great season. I'm not saying he's going to get 10 mil or that he actually deserves it but I've seen far worse players think they are worth more than that.

yeah true that, what is wrong with starting his bid at 10 mill?

Why not make the team pay him as much as he can get? You can say that he isn't worth it, but that isn't greedy, it is common sense, if you can get 5 mill or 10 mill, for doing the same thing, why not try for the ten?

Ok, 10 picks and how many snaps did he have all season? Having 10 picks doesn't mean he didn't get beat like a drum, and he's too old to expect any team to pay him a 10 million signing bonus when he won't even be able to beat out a special teamer for a starting spot in two years or less.

I would argue further but the fact that you just discredited 10 picks proves my point enough.

Another thing...it's called negotiating folks. 10 mil is a little high, so when he actually signs a deal he will probably come down a bit and get what he is actually worth. If he comes out and says he only wants 6 or 7 mil, he will probably get even less than that...

Exactly.

Why would dude come out and say 5 million only to get himself 2.5?

I would argue further but the fact that you just discredited 10 picks proves my point enough.

No need to argue further, I know he played badly this season. I saw 4 Jets games last season he was beaten thoroughly in all 4 of them. A high number of interceptions proves what exactly? Many of the best corners don't get alot of picks because they rarely get thrown to, obviously that isn't the case here.

Hell, I was watching Cold Pizza a little while ago and they were talking about Law gambled too much this season and gave up way too many plays as a result of it. They, and probably the rest of the league, are dumbfounded he has the nerve to ask for a 10 million signing bonus. I guarantee NOBODY signs him for that amount of money.

Archived