Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

So my roommate is sitting right next to me and I can't summon the courage to tell him I'm transferring and moving out. This is harder than I imagined.

Just be honest, buddy. And give him time to find a replacement if you can. If you're moving on for a better opportunity, he can't blame you for that.

So my roommate is sitting right next to me and I can't summon the courage to tell him I'm transferring and moving out. This is harder than I imagined.

Write it on a note and give it to him. When he is about to read it say it outloud and if you fail his gonna read it anyways so problem solved.

Just be honest, buddy. And give him time to find a replacement if you can. If you're moving on for a better opportunity, he can't blame you for that.

Yeah but we're extremely close friends and I know him too well. He has a tendency to take things personal and distance himself from people. I'm really afraid this will end bad. What scares me is that I have been hiding this from him for more than a month and I think he'll figure that out once I tell him. I keep pushing it backwards and backwards. I am now waiting for the clock to strike 10 lol.

Yeah but we're extremely close friends and I know him too well. He has a tendency to take things personal and distance himself from people. I'm really afraid this will end bad. What scares me is that I have been hiding this from him for more than a month and I think he'll figure that out once I tell him. I keep pushing it backwards and backwards. I am now waiting for the clock to strike 10 lol.

Grab your onions and tell him. Don't wait until the rent is due and drop an "oh by the way." We've all had to do things that suck. It's part of growing up, and this is one of those times.

If you're good friends, you can explain where you're coming from, and he'll respond in kind, hopefully. If not, remember this. "You can't control what happens, you can only control YOUR reaction to it." In other words, he gets pissed, you keep your head, and handle it the right way.

Trust me. You're going to have to discuss things that are a lot more difficult than this with the people in your life. This is a good practice run.

Well now I feel like an idiot for not doing it a long time ago. That went by 100X better than I thought it would. He was mostly glad for the fact that I told him a good two months in advance. Big burden of my chest. This allows me to work on my transfer stuff a lot easier. I used to do it when he wasn't around and would try to hide all my papers and everything, always worried he'll find some documents and find out for himself.

Well now I feel like an idiot for not doing it a long time ago. That went by 100X better than I thought it would. He was mostly glad for the fact that I told him a good two months in advance. Big burden of my chest. This allows me to work on my transfer stuff a lot easier. I used to do it when he wasn't around and would try to hide all my papers and everything, always worried he'll find some documents and find out for himself.

Lesson learned, buddy. Glad it worked out!

Lesson learned, buddy. Glad it worked out!

Yup, thanks for the words of courage. I'm a classic over thinker. I had all these scenarios planned out and how I would deal with them. Didn't have a scenario for the one where my buddy has no problem at all :ols:.

It is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth — and listen to the song of that siren, till she transforms us into beasts. P Henry

Archived