Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

So they can't say nothin?  I don't believe she was showing off she was still in shape, she said she was going back to work.

"The constant pull between work and children" is BS because she doesn't HAVE to work if she misses her kids that bad. The women who REALLY feel the pull actually HAVE to work to make sure their kids stay fed and clothed.

35 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

"The constant pull between work and children" is BS because she doesn't HAVE to work if she misses her kids that bad. The women who REALLY feel the pull actually HAVE to work to make sure their kids stay fed and clothed.

I don't understand why you're trying to quantify how much rich people miss their kids when they're away from them.  Ya, she could just stop working period, end her career if she really wanted to.

11 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't understand why you're trying to quantify how much rich people miss their kids when they're away from them.  Ya, she could just stop working period, end her career if she really wanted to.

Its fine to miss your kids, just don't compare yourself to average people when the circumstances are COMPLETELY different.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Its fine to miss your kids, just don't compare yourself to average people when the circumstances are COMPLETELY different.

You're missing the point.  Her job, circumstances, etc. doesn't change the fact that she is a working mom who misses her kid when she has to work.  It doesn't matter if she is a rich actress or if she was a cashier at a store.  Just because her job isn't like your average person's doesn't mean she doesn't work hard at her craft.  

Maybe that shoot took her away from her newborn for a week or two.  There is a bond between a mother and their child and most women have a hard time going back to work (regardless of profession) after their child is born.  My wife only got 6 weeks maternity leave, it was very hard on her dropping our daughter off at daycare to go back to work after those 6 weeks.  

Just because she has down time between shoots/movies/etc. doesn't change any of those facts.  She isn't making it out like her job sucks, she just misses her kid.

I think the point Warhead meant, but maybe isn't driving home is that while yes, famous wealthy moms and everyday moms absolutely go through the same struggles trying to raise and be in their kids lives, and have them, it is the resource and financial side that separates them from normal, everyday women.

So while she certainly may feel sad because she has to go back to work after just having had her child, is it the same as a non millionaire, 40-60k average jane that, on top of the mental/emotional toll of not being with her child, knows that if she doesn't work,  bills pile up, lights get turned off, she can't put food on the table, basically she can't care for her child effectively, and has? For these women it does nothing but add to the emotional toll.

Not trying to diminish her anguish, but I'm not comfortable either with the notion that she can relate to women that have no other option but to work, without the best care money can buy for their child. It's just a different world in that regard.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I think the point Warhead meant, but maybe isn't driving home is that while yes, famous wealthy moms and everyday moms absolutely go through the same struggles trying to raise and be in their kids lives, and have them, it is the resource and financial side that separates them from normal, everyday women.

So while she certainly may feel sad because she has to go back to work after just having had her child, is it the same as a non millionaire, 40-60k average jane that, on top of the mental/emotional toll of not being with her child, knows that if she doesn't work,  bills pile up, lights get turned off, she can't put food on the table, basically she can't care for her child effectively, and has? For these women it does nothing but add to the emotional toll.

Not trying to diminish her anguish, but I'm not comfortable either with the notion that she can relate to women that have no other option but to work, without the best care money can buy for their child. It's just a different world in that regard.

^^ thank you

@Warhead36 @Mr. Sinister  Yall looking into this too much, imo. 

It was a shoutout to  mothers in a country that has zero respect for maternity leave compared to others, which @Dont Taze Me Bro talked on. I don't get while Yall are defaulting to her mocking people like single poor mothers, she's not pulling a gwenyth paltrow.  It is a different world, celebrity couples fail all the time because of work schedules, that matters given she's already had one divorce, some are gone for weeks or months at a time.

We have enough people saying cruel **** that I'm gonna give her benefit of the doubt.  Part of the gender gap is caused by women taking too much time off, she's in demand, she could cost herself money by stepping away for a couple years, same as ever other woman in the country.

I don't get vibe she grew up poor from her wiki, but I would not ignore the perspective of someone more successful then me simply because theyre more successful then me, many didn't start that way.

I wish politicians didn't waste so much time trying to relate to us, like Hillary bowling during the primaries.  Have a plan and be yourself, some of the leading voices on viable plans to address poverty were never in poverty themselves, but who cares if they are right?

34 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Warhead36 @Mr. Sinister  Yall looking into this too much, imo. 

I'm looking into exactly what was posted..

"This shoot was 5 weeks after my son was born. This goes out to all the moms out there who feel the constant pull between work and children."

Which I felt differently about, and I explained why 

don't get while Yall are defaulting to her mocking people like single poor mothers, she's not pulling a gwenyth paltrow.  

Yeah, I think you mixed up my post with someone elses. That's not in my post anywhere. At all.

It is a different world, celebrity couples fail all the time because of work schedules, that matters given she's already had one divorce, some are gone for weeks or months at a time.

Pretty sure I loosely mentioned this (in the first several sentences).

I don't get vibe she grew up poor from her wiki, but I would not ignore the perspective of someone more successful then me simply because theyre more successful then me, many didn't start that way.

Okay... What am I ignoring in this regard?

wish politicians didn't waste so much time trying to relate to us, like Hillary bowling during the primaries.  Have a plan and be yourself, some of the leading voices on viable plans to address poverty were never in poverty themselves, but who cares if they are right?

I agree (and on that first sentence, I wish actors/entertainers/socialites did tue same). But... This was never about her being right or wrong, more about reality for the majority of mothers in America.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm looking into exactly what was posted..

"This shoot was 5 weeks after my son was born. This goes out to all the moms out there who feel the constant pull between work and children."

Which I felt differently about, and I explained why 

Ya, different interpretations, that's gonna happen, no biggie.

Yeah, I think you mixed up my post with someone elses. That's not in my post anywhere. At all.

You did a successful anger translation, but without having an actual sitting downconvo, very hard to address both your similar yet slightly different takes on this.  If you see something I said you think was meant for warhead, it probably was.

Pretty sure I loosely mentioned this (in the first several sentences).

You did, i jus expanded on it.

Okay... What am I ignoring in this regard?

I mean, you said you didn't feel comfortable her making that comment, I get you have at least some empathy for her, but I'm not sure what you want her to do instead.

I agree (and on that first sentence, I wish actors/entertainers/socialites did tue same). But... This was never about her being right or wrong, more about reality for the majority of mothers in America.

Ya, like a mentioned, we could use some positivity, all things considered, so it came across like Warhead wanting to shout her down and wishing he wouldnt.  If anything it brings attention to the issue, we have bigger fish to fry.

You did a successful anger translation, but without having an actual sitting downconvo, very hard to address both your similar yet slightly different takes on this.  If you see something I said you think was meant for warhead, it probably was.

I don't think Warhead was angry about it. I am referencing the part of of your post where you are assuming that I (along with him) think she is mocking women who aren't as financially well off as her, which isn't the case, and it doesn't really have to be.... Which leads  me to the stuff about Paltrow. Wasn't sure what she had to do with it so I looked it up, and saw she made some tone deaf remark about how much harder her job is in comparison to an everyday desk job. That's actually not at all different from my overall point about the difference in reality as a whole between entertainers/the wealthy/royalty/etc and everyday people.

It isn't as much about what she said as much as it was his she said it. Every job presents it's own challenges, and is meant for different people. Could she do the jobs she said she thought was less demanding than her job as an actor? Maybe, maybe not.

Could the women that probably grillled Paltrow over that do her job? Maybe, maybe not. Both jobs vary wildly in performance expectation, hours/days, etc. Its ridiculous to assume any job is easier than any other, which is why I always get on people who pull that stuff with athletes. What I believe 100%, is despite their job status,  they both work hard, and they both make sacrifices. The difference in my eyes, is that when Average Jane does this, she gets peace of mind knowing she can make it safely to her next paycheck in a life with very little-moderate tangible reprieve, vs when Gwyneth Paltrow or some other actress yada yada does it, they get peace of mind knowing that because of their profession, there is almost nothing they can't do and nowhere they can't go, at a moment's notice, free of the financial stress that presses down on most people and families in the U.S. 

Now, no money mo problems? Sure, but this problem in particular is harder to relate to for them, and poor Gwyneth apparently found this out the hard way. I don't  even think she meant to mock, as you claim, but it does not matter. It just illustrates the divide of the world people (women in this case) live in, and the world others dont, never have, or have removed themselves from.

I don't think Morena meant anything negative by it (and its obviously not at all in the same class as the tone deaf issue with Gwyneth), and I understand the need to want to connect on a deeper, more personal level with fans and admirers. When trying to relate to scores of women, many of whom could be single mothers, the "Constant pull between children and work" just sounds a lot different when you don't have as many options, and resources. That's all.

I mean, you said you didn't feel comfortable her making that comment, I get you have at least some empathy for her, but I'm not sure what you want her to do instead.

I'd probably have her get rid of the "shoutout".  But this isn't why I quoted you here. You seemed to think I was  ignoring her perspective, and I'd like to know to made you arrive at that, just to avoid any further confusion.

@Mr. Sinister the confusion is me combining my responses to both of you in one post because I was busy, I shouldn't of done that. 

I'm clearing out the rest of my house by myself right now since mf'rs don't know how a calendar works (jus put my couch in storage by myself), so I'm open to coming back to this if you want (think it should be it's own thread, like a big picture topic with this as an example).

Also want to refrain from further comment without more context to her post from her herself and more female posters in RTT giving their opinion.  I'm fine with her posting that, I don't believe that was targeted for her fans, that felt like a big picture post. 

Woah, Nellies! 

If we get that income disparity down further, to maybe 16-20k, then we all really know the difference. 

I see both sides, but having (what would seem to me) unlimited cash would make it easier. *Just having enough to truly ensure their safety in my absence would be a huge relief.*...which is something lower income households never know.

Just sayin. 

Archived