Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Not saying it isn't the best grilled cheese ever.........but I do have to ask. What makes it the best ever? What do they make it with, etc.? That makes it the best.

Thinking traditional grilled cheese sandwiches, it's two pieces of bread, cheese, then toasted on a skillet with butter.

Man...it's been like 5 years. But the butter, 3 kinds of cheese, bacon...dude. my wife is the grilled cheese whore, me not so much. But them joints were so good. We hit it every day while wed be in p-town

I know the pole dancing thing was a joke. But i also don't think he understands the training a lot of the girls on dance/cheer teams go through. A lot of them take gymnastics training to learn to do some of those moves. Watching my daughter learn to do a back handspring is nerve wracking. Do it wrong, you could seriously injure yourself.  

Outside of the things you listed, I feel like dance also gives a lot of the girls a boost of confidence. It's not easy to get up on the stage in front of a bunch of strangers. Even more so when there's less than 5 of them.

I always say, if i had a boy, I'd make him take dance. That would give a lot of confidence come middle-school and high school.

he even says :"Fitness, team work, empathy, cause/effect decision making. Not to say those things aren't in dance, but I don't really see it either."

it's simple ignorance.

calm down. Your internet outrage is off the charts, right now. 

The place we are considering does gymnastics as well and they do a beginner program (tumbling, etc). Which I'm all for. 

Tumbling/cheer . . . that's not really "dance". And Cheerleaading... don't get me started if you don't want to hear about horrible biases and preconceptions. 

Man...it's been like 5 years. But the butter, 3 kinds of cheese, bacon...dude. my wife is the grilled cheese whore, me not so much. But them joints were so good. We hit it every day while wed be in p-town

I ****in knew it. As soon as I saw Taze's post I was like "it must have bacon

man, straight outta compton repped LA so friggin' hard.  I fantasize about a movie like that based out of DC.  There is so much culture in the DMV, and I want the world to know it.  

I mean dude...we had (have) our own music, slang, fashion, cars, even drugs (dippers lol).  DC even has it's own "hood" system (there aren't any gangs in dc, only the street/neighborhood that you grow up on). I want the world to know just how cool the DMV is.   B)

man, straight outta compton repped LA so friggin' hard. I fantasize about a movie like that based out of DC. There is so much culture in the DMV, and I want the world to know it.

I mean dude...we had (have) our own music, slang, fashion, cars, even drugs (dippers lol). DC even has it's own "hood" system (there aren't any gangs in dc, only the street/neighborhood that you grow up on). I want the world to know just how cool the DMV is. B)

As long as there is a cameo of ix at the jerk chicken food truck, I'll watch.

As long as there is a cameo of ix at the jerk chicken food truck, I'll watch.

Haha I'd rather a scene where the police truck with the battering ram blasts the entire wall of a house down and destroys a refrigerator in the process. As the truck backs up, the door to the fridge falls off and out pours dozens of McDonald's burgers, nuggets and parfaits.

More of a subtle nod or Easter egg to Ix

Back to the best grilled cheese in the USA. Can it really be classified as a grilled cheese sandwich once a meat is added in?

Specifically bacon? I would think you would have to be limited to toasting it in bacon greese for it to correctly keep its status as "grilled cheese".

Is it cheating by adding the meat of Gods and champions?

Thoughts???

man, straight outta compton repped LA so friggin' hard. I fantasize about a movie like that based out of DC. There is so much culture in the DMV, and I want the world to know it.

I mean dude...we had (have) our own music, slang, fashion, cars, even drugs (dippers lol). DC even has it's own "hood" system (there aren't any gangs in dc, only the street/neighborhood that you grow up on). I want the world to know just how cool the DMV is. B)

What is DC/dmv music?

Don't laught at me

Back to the best grilled cheese in the USA. Can it really be classified as a grilled cheese sandwich once a meat is added in?

Specifically bacon? I would think you would only have to be limited to toasting it in bacon greese for it to correctly keep its status as "grilled cheese".

Is it cheating by adding the meat of Gods and champions?

Thoughts???

Yeah Hardee's has a grilled cheese sandwich with bacon and a thick-burger on it.

So...I'm going to say no. Doesn't mean it isn't incredible, but probably not considered a true grilled cheese.However, the bacon grease idea of yours is going to be something I do very soon. Never thought of that

I think there's a limit as to how good a grilled cheese can get. And the bar isn't really that high. the bread makes a difference, as does the cheese...but it only moves a dial just a little. But what do I know. and yeah. I think adding meat still qualifies it as a Grilled Cheeze. ONLY if the quantity of meat is exceeded by the quantity of cheese.

What is DC/dmv music?

Don't laught at me

I wasn wondering what's specifically a DC car.

What is DC/dmv music?

Bruh. gogo music!!!!!

And "dc cars" lol. Police packages. All white crown vics, caprices, impalas, evenjoy old box chevys. The more spotlights and antennas, the better.  Times have changed, but as a kid in the late 90s, most teens didn't care about Cadillacs, mercedes, luxury cars in general. All we ever wanted was a crown vic police package.

City Life, HOBO, Madness, All Daz, all the clothing brands exclusive to DC.

for what it's worth, the most recent Yelp review of the grilled cheese place I talked about in Portland:

Had some time to grab a quick lunch on Friday and GCG just happened to be opening. So glad we stopped! I did a build your own and D did a Gabby with bacon. These were some of the yummiest grilled cheeses I've had. A friend of mine owns the American Grilled Cheese Kitchen in SF and I gotta say, I think GCG wins. The bread was perfectly crispy, the cheese was gooey and the meats were hot. I also have to praise the genius who came up with the chopped pickles! Hot damn, that was a great idea! 

Archived