Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

So you are saying that every mod is PCS to you?

I have them broken down into different sub-categories myself. :)

no, just that unless I've met them, I don't really pay attention enough to really have a grasp on who they are. Like when people make jokes about certain mods, I don't get the jokes bc I don't pay attention enough.

Same with many posters. If I haven't met you, I don't really remember details about you or how you post. I have to have that kinesthetic experience in order to have that connection, I can't process it all in my mind.

But....I have noticed (very recently) that Jumbo is the one who is VERY wordy in his explanations of everything. Like it takes him a long time to say something that could be said very straightforward-like. Not that it's a bad thing, but that's the extent of my mod knowledge.

But....I have noticed (very recently) that Jumbo is the one who is VERY wordy in his explanations of everything. Like it takes him a long time to say something that could be said very straightforward-like. Not that it's a bad thing, but that's the extent of my mod knowledge.

Actaully, it doesn't "take me a long time to say something that could be said very straightforward-like." :)

I can be very straightforward, very easily. Just ask some who do pay attention and have been around awhile. :D

I often just choose to write certain posts in a detailed and painstakingly explanatory narrative style. :cool:

It's always a very specific choice of mine and for very specific motives whenever I do it. It's premeditated and deliberate, not automatic.

I write a lot of brief, direct, blunt and/or silly stuff on ES, too. :laugh:

In fact, I regularly write a great deal, here and elsewhere, in a variety of styles and forms and have been doing so for a long time.

And I'm often having very specific types of fun with very specific types of readers in mind when I go "extra wordy" (as you might see it). There are those here who know what I'm doing, when I do it, and we share the magic. :silly::D

I am often hard-pressed not to play mercilessly with grad students during my teaching stints. :evilg:

Or, if you prefer it brief, you're right if you say I "make some posts with lots of words in them" and leave it at that. :silly:

no, just that unless I've met them, I don't really pay attention enough to really have a grasp on who they are. Like when people make jokes about certain mods, I don't get the jokes bc I don't pay attention enough.

Same with many posters. If I haven't met you, I don't really remember details about you or how you post. I have to have that kinesthetic experience in order to have that connection, I can't process it all in my mind.

I somewhat agree with you. I've grown to recognize all of the mods by their "style" as of late though.

Jumbo: You nailed it on the head. Very extended posts utilizing the most obscure of words in order to alienate the less "gifted" posters. I consider him the nicest mod and he's a personal favorite.

TK: I consider him the "head mod". He seems to exert his mod power more than most of the other mods. Very funny (if you get him) and tends to mix fun with punishment.

zoony: He mixes it in with the rest of the tailgaters. He was my first "mod experience" on ES. He enlightened me to the ways of MSF soon after I first discovered the Tailgate. I notice him expressing his opinion much more than the rest of the mods in the political threads.

PCS: I view him as 3rd in line behind Jumbo and TK. He seems to be very professional in his mod duties and usually acts as so. He is also a great photographer and knows all when it comes to smilies.

MTH: He's the newest. The greenhorn of the mods. Mark is always helpful and a very likable guy. I'll probably always view him as "one of us" because I knew him as a regular tailgater before I knew him as a mod.

You MissU... I'll always view you as the chick trying to lick a 49er's ass (Young? or Montana, but I think Young). Plus, you are one of the few select girls around here and seems to agree with much of what Mondizzle has to say.

You MissU... I'll always view you as the chick trying to lick a 49er's ass (Young? or Montana, but I think Young). Plus, you are one of the few select girls around here and seems to agree with much of what Mondizzle has to say.

Haha ALEX SMITH!!!

And yes, except for the fact that she doesn't find Kris Allen irresistible!!!

And are those all the mods?

I know who zoony is- he's the most like "us...well, along with Mark

TK- all I know of him is that he looks like silent bob

Jumbo- yeah, i already talked about him

MTH- just like "us" and likes a good burger

In other words....

"You're right, Robin."

;)

Nope. You were mostly wrong. ;)

One of the reasons I do write in detail at times is to try to help people note/limit how their thinking may have been askew initially, and further goes awry as they continue to try to process. :)

They observe to whatever skill level they have, but even then are further limited by how competently (accurately) they interpret the data and draw their conclusions, beliefs, or framings. :D Your "take" illustrates my point. :nana:

But at the end of the post, I did play to you and give you a way to be right, Robin. :):laugh:

Or, if you prefer (again) the brief version: "no, you're really not, Robin!" :silly:

(I thought we had a "blowing a kiss" smiley, but I'll settle for this):cheers:

Nope. You were mostly worng. ;)

One of the reasons I do write in detail at times is to try to help people note/limit how their thinking may have been askew initially, and further goes awry as they continue to try to process. :)

They observe to whatever skill level they have, but even then are further limited by how compentently (accuarately) they interpret the data and draw their conclusions, beliefs, or framings. :D

But at the end of the post, I did play to you and give you a way to be right, Robin. :):laugh:

Or, if you prefer (again) the brief version: "no, you're really not, Robin!" :silly:

(I thought we had a "blowing a kiss" smiley, but I'll settle for this):cheers:

u iz dumb too, jumbo!!!;););)

but seriously, I noticed it in the Post Count thread.... basically telling a story while being very vague and I was kinda like...just get to the point!!!! ;)

but.... you have your reasons and it's what makes you YOU, Jumbo. And we <3 you for it.

u iz dumb too, jumbo!!!;););)

but seriously, I noticed it in the Post Count thread.... basically telling a story while being very vague and I was kinda like...just get to the point!!!! ;)

but.... you have your reasons and it's what makes you YOU, Jumbo. And we <3 you for it.

And for all the "work" that being here can mean...I like the opportunity to play and **** around in many diff way...so thanky ;)

and no....and who could call THIS a hamster face:

<raises hand> :halo:

It's not that he's ugly....... I just don't think he's hot... at all.

EDIT for explanation: He's too sissified-lookin'... like he wouldn't know how to check his own oil.

Archived