Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Hopefully you didn't think I was calling you out. I just live, tomorrow is not promised to me, I have to enjoy every moment as much as I can.

Hell, I am wearing a silly costume in Vegas in a few weeks. Robin ( as in Batman ) onesie PJ's with a baseball hat that has the R on it.

Same time trying to find my wifes grandparents an awesome place to live within their budget. 

First off, Congrats Springy.

Am I the only one that thinks Alex Smith...might have his moment and could fit in nearly anywhere ?

Not a rockstar, but a decent good QB.

I just never find myself overly impressed with Kap in SF.

He looked about as good as I've ever seen him look, tonight. Knile Davis was giving me Priest Holmes flashbacks. Kelce looked like Tony Gonzalez. I haven't seen them play offense like that since those guys were murdering peoples Fantasy teams in the early 00's. The narrative will be about Tom Brady and the offense, but the story should be about Bill Bellichiks D. KC went Ike Turner on that ass.

They had no answer... For anything. KC at one point was averaging 9 yards per play.

Can't also help but wat h the pass rushers in the game. Jones, Houston, Hali. All made plays. Meanwhile in DC, at the ROLB position...

Tom B looks like he knows it's gonna be a down year. In the past when things weren't going well, he'd be losing his **** on the field to his guys, and on the sideline. Tonight, there were just a bunch of lip smirks and head shakes. Like he knows there's nothing more he can get out of those guys.

I'm watching the World Premier League of Darts on MASN2. These guys are playing on a stage, with their backs towards this ENORMOUS crowd. The floor of the arena has rows of insanely long tables with people drinking beer out of mugs.

Right now the best player is playing, and the entire floor crowd are on they're feet singing a song. This is like the most packed pub of all time!!! Holy ****ing ****!

Tom B looks like he knows it's gonna be a down year. In the past when things weren't going well, he'd be losing his **** on the field to his guys, and on the sideline. Tonight, there were just a bunch of lip smirks and head shakes. Like he knows there's nothing more he can get out of those guys.

Looked like a dude that overcame his team dumping Randy Moss and developing 2 of the best TE's in the game, along with Julian Edelman to starter status... Then proceeded go watch one TE basically turn into Roy DeMeo lite, and the other piss on an Indian burial ground and sustain numerous injuries, all to see his FO draft/sign ****ty skill players in response, and oh BTW, dump Logan Mankins.

What more can the guy do? He's done more with less for so long. Honestly I dont know how he did it LAST year. At least then he had the running game to rely on, along with the defense. Not this year though. The guy is good, but he's not Superman. He's not stopping Lois Lane from dying.

Springy-

My advice - the best thing for mrs springy is to let her get sleep whenever you can, and bonus points is a couple hours at a massage parlor at around week 2.  tell her how gorgeous she is, and overlook the psychotic tendencies she will show for a while.  mrs goon says to compliment her on everything....tell her shes doing a great job....moms feel ugly, sleep deprived, they aren't parenting well enough - overdose on loving her.  (even when it seems she isn't listening)

Oh yes! Get her a spa day, the mani-pedi-facial-massage everything. (This is what I usually give my expectant friends...along with a cute picture frame or something, LOL)

and when you need to make her laugh, tell her "those sweatpants are sexy" or something...a buddy of mine said it always worked for his wife, just random humor.

So excited for you, can't wait for the details of Lil'Spring!

I watched Godfather 1 and 2 for the first time a few years ago. They have a real classy feel compared to rugged gangster movies like Scarface and the Pesci flicks. Long friggin' movies.

Which reminds me, I watched the first half of Lawrence of Arabia a couple months ago. Seen the second half in parts. Obviously it's a great movie, but holy crap it's long. Damn!

Also, one of my favorite gangster flicks is A Bronx Tale. Always gotta watch a little of it when it's on the tube.

Hubby made me watch Lawrence of Arabia a couple months ago too(that's weird)and yes, long & good.............

MOVIE!

He looked about as good as I've ever seen him look, tonight. . KC went Ike Turner on that ass.

Yeah, that was brutal. Seems ever since Brady proved he could win with average talent that's all they seem to give him. Seriously, who is the best RB Brady has had with him ? Defensively I think the hoodie, thinks he can win with anybody. Trading Mankins for an average TE ? Crazy.

I agree. He doesn't need the money, he loves the game and competition. **** like this turns you sour though.

You guys, and gal, are all awesome.

Dionne Warwick will tell you why...or The rap group Whodini.

;)

I bet you are in heaven right now.

Luck leading the league in TDs. RG3 is not playing. The only thing that can make you happier is if the Braves can do something in the playoffs this year...

Oh, wait a minute...

(I'm just messing with you, I gotta bring you back down to earth lol)

I really hope you don't think I'm enjoying being right about Luck and RGIII. And it's never been a RGIII vs Luck thing for me, anyway. I've merely defended Luck vs all the idiots out there that think he is "overrated", or only wins because he plays in a weak division. Sooner or later, all those people are going to realize how wrong they were.

I really hope you don't think I'm enjoying being right about Luck and RGIII. And it's never been a RGIII vs Luck thing for me, anyway. I've merely defended Luck vs all the idiots out there that think he is "overrated", or only wins because he plays in a weak division. Sooner or later, all those people are going to realize how wrong they were.

BS, it's me. You know I really don't think that. Come on son. lol

But yes. Luck is the best right now. 2012 was a little shaky for him, but last year and the first four games this year he has killed it.

We're at the point now where we're not talking about him being the best QB out of the 2012 class, but we have to start the discussion on if he is the best in the league.

I'll put him Fourth behind Rodgers, Manning, and Rivers. (Before last night I thought Brady was on the decline. Now I am convinced that he is.)

Hopefully you didn't think I was calling you out. I just live, tomorrow is not promised to me, I have to enjoy every moment as much as I can.

Hell, I am wearing a silly costume in Vegas in a few weeks. Robin ( as in Batman ) onesie PJ's with a baseball hat that has the R on it.

Same time trying to find my wifes grandparents an awesome place to live within their budget. 

Not at all Kosh, I was out of likes and just building on what you were saying :)

But I've also never seen any of The Godfather films, though it feels like I have since it's been parodied in just about everything. 

This belongs in Moco's WTF thread.

BS, it's me. You know I really don't think that. Come on son. lol

But yes. Luck is the best right now. 2012 was a little shaky for him, but last year and the first four games this year he has killed it.

We're at the point now where we're not talking about him being the best QB out of the 2012 class, but we have to start the discussion on if he is the best in the league.

I'll put him Fourth behind Rodgers, Manning, and Rivers. (Before last night I thought Brady was on the decline. Now I am convinced that he is.)

He was the more pro-ready QB in 2011 and 2012.  The kid has amazing talent.  Not getting into the debate of Cam Vs. Luck again, we all have gone down that road in the ATN.  But when people talk about building a team around mobile QBs, etc. most forget that the Panthers first choice to build a team around was Andrew Luck, not Cam.  Luck would have been the first pick in the 2011 draft.  

The reason I brought that up is because it brings up a lot of what ifs.  Would the Panthers have been a super bowl contender in 2012 and 2013?  Would they have knocked off the Seahawks in the playoffs?  Scary thought, but I think they would have been.  

You know what they say about "ifs" though, if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.

And this isn't any knock on Cam, he had one of the most electrifying rookie seasons ever and finally has matured into a leader for that team.  It took him until year 3 for it all to click, but the guy finally gets it.  

Archived