Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Moe's sounds really good right now.

I love that place.

Quit whining about the chips that are free.

The same would be said if you were upset because zoony's favorite place didn't have breadsticks.

Please God not another OG discussion lol.  Hey, if I take the free chips and free salsa, then I get it.  But I took the initiative to pay for a cup of queso, least they can do is put the chips in a separate bag :D

It was delicious though.  Joey Bag of Doughnuts, chicken, black beans, cheese w/hot sauce.  

All of this food talk. There is a Krispy Kreme right down the road from my house. Apparently last Friday, the 11th, was free donut day or something because the traffic was lined up around the corner and down the street all day, completely disrupting traffic.

I know because I drove by it on the way to work, stopped by my house for lunch, and drove by on my way back home from work.

I proceeded to shout obscenities to no driver in particular as all of these donut zombies disregarded everyone else on the road in the name of sugary-sweet gluttony.

Of the Big 4 (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB), which one has the best championship trophy? I'm talking only aesthetics here. I think the Stanley Cup probably easily wins* if we're counting backstory so just visually, which one looks the best? Asking because just saw pictures of the NCAA's new college football playoff 'ship trophy. Eh. 

*Turns out baseball, the one league with a shot at challenging the Cup's history, didn't have a World Series trophy until 1967. That surprised me.

Of the Big 4 (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB), which one has the best championship trophy? I'm talking only aesthetics here. I think the Stanley Cup probably easily wins* if we're counting backstory so just visually, which one looks the best? Asking because just saw pictures of the NCAA's new college football playoff 'ship trophy. Eh. 

*Turns out baseball, the one league with a shot at challenging the Cup's history, didn't have a World Series trophy until 1967. That surprised me.

I'd go Stanley Cup, it's shared by all the teams and kept only by the last winner and passed around, etc..  I just think that's cool.  Plus it has the year and team that won it on it.

I'd go Stanley Cup, it's shared by all the teams and kept only by the last winner and passed around, etc..  I just think that's cool.  Plus it has the year and team that won it on it.

Lol, yeah, it's obvious it's got the coolest story. That's why I'm just talking visually, which one looks the best?

I think it looks just like the Olympic torch and someone needs to set it on fire.

That might be a cool tradition to start with the new playoff system. Winner gets an eternal flame type set up on campus somewhere. One for each championship won. Set by the trophy.

I found out today that the World Cup trophy gets locked up in a safe and they only take it out when a team wins. They then let the team take pictures with it for 10 minutes and then it goes back in the safe and the winning teams gets a replica. Apparently its because of burglary concerns. That trophy is worth 10mil according to cash for gold back in 2004. Meaning in reality that trophy is like 40 mil since those places rip you off.

I'm sorry that sounds bogus

So someone's job is to count dead animals on the road or depend on everyone who hits a squirrel to file a report. Sounds really like a made up number.

sounds like a estimate not a stat. And people make up estimates all the time

Well no **** it's an estimate.

http://m.psychologytoday.com/blog/animal-emotions/201007/animals-and-cars-one-million-animals-are-killed-our-roads-every-day

That said, you might be right though on it being bogus. Trying to find a better source. And they're including ALL animals in that: mammals, birds, reptiles (not bugs). I mean when you consider there are close to 200 million vehicles on the road in the US everyday, it doesn't seem THAT far fetched.

Archived