Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Why did you move from Miami?

I wasn't in Miami, I was in Maryland. I haven't lived in Florida for a very long time...

Anyway, I moved in with my brother, and cousin who graduated back in the spring, and found a job up here. I was disqualified from the delayed entry program (Air Force) for medical reasons, and one of my roomates lost his job, couldn't pay rent, and moved out, and we were having trouble finding another person to move in. My brother moved from Gaithersburg to Germantown, in a house with more space, and offered to take both of us in, at a cheaper rate.

Still getting used to leaving for work an hour earlier than I used too. That is one long and lonely trip down 270

I already see one drawback to moving to Germantown, excluding the ridiculous traffic that I was already expecting. I can no longer get 980 on the radio. All I can get for my sports fix is The Junkies on the way to work, and Lavar aand Dukes on the way from work, where I have to listen to Chad tell the world that he has a little dick, jokingly referring to it as "The Blistex Cap." It's either that, WTOP, 99.5, 95.5, or my CD's. Sucks.

Listen to 980 on your phone, I do everyday.

... sometimes I'll read a post...and look at the age of the member and they're younger (like under 30)...and think "well, youth plays a role here"... sometimes, if it's an older member (like over 50), I'll think "well your age plays a role there".... sometimes I'll read a post...note the age...and think "how did that person live this long?"....

http://www.spreaker.com/user/baltimorespectator/live_stand_off_surrounded_by_cops?code=AQDwWrcawmpUiXYkIplquw6O8WZd0KbyDaDZSBp1ZcPAjTrmlu18n-WOysXY-lP2UBYjGlss3B26xoe7wDmLhaCtwj9SohzthuHckdaGbK4r0cFmYPT3J8YCWoOxubodZZMEV1ZhukLEN078QpLYKcw-PrkkrA7_ryPlqRmZG8cqAAUKPNNI0_u9PfBbD8tXuVQDOFxCxBCrJnbOXVynHulL

A blogger is having a standoff with the police and SWAT team over a outstanding warrant. I don't know the whole story but he is doing a live broadcast from inside his house right now. Pretty interesting.

---------- Post added December-1st-2012 at 08:48 PM ----------

The warrant is for a failure to appear and they brought the SWAT team haha. Apparently this guy speaks against the Baltimore police and government a lot on his blog.

Tell ya what...as a guy working at it to stay in good shape while getting up there in years and accumulated physical stuff...no matter what else, ya have to respect the condition that guys like Stallone (66), Arnold (65), Van Damme (52), Lundgren (55), Chan (58!), an even "young" Li (49) are in and have maintained. Other guys are doing damn well (Eastwood, Ford, Connery) at even more advanced years, but the first group are truly in impressive shape.

I think that out of that list, you would have to separate the guys who take, or have taken steroids, from the guys who seem to have done it naturally.

Valid aspect of the matter, but different in relevance than in competitive athletic matters, of course. I have never taken any PED in all the competitive or other athletic activities throughout my life. But in this context, as long as it doesn't impact their health negatively, I assign no real criticism to that choice (though it may reflect certain kinds of problematic ego traits in my book---of course, culturally, the same traits can be beneficial at times, so....:)).

Archived