Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

Looking back on it, I was careless in responding to ion's post. I was actually thinking along the lines of consensual, and I wasn't even thinking of women when I made that remark. I have used it in a different context when joking around with friends outside of this site, but I don't think I've ever used it that way here, and I am aware of the trauma that something like that can cause. My bad.

:slap:

have you at least seen the snippet of the classic Private Pyle bathroom scene?"

Yeah I've seen that part, but not the whole movie

:yikes: :saber: him, then :xwing:, then alert :tk: and :banhim: !

Hail.

After the :tk:, I'd go with...

DeathStar-ray.jpg

Then ban his spirit in the afterlife

Edited by Mr. Sinister

It's funny though, those two movies were so big that I can get references if people joke about them (Cantina Band, Death Star, The Force, Chewy, The Droids, My precious, Grimley, Argron, Gandalf, Merry and Pippin, etc) but I never saw the movies. :whoknows:

Edited by MLSKINS

Speaking of Star Wars, I never understood the hate for the prequels. I mean yeah, Phantom Menace was pretty much a kids movie, but there's no way that you can hate on the fight scenes, and the pod race/Tatooine/first Darth maul fight. Ithought Attack Of The Clones and Revenge Of The Sith were good as well.

And it's not like Return Of The Jedi didn't also have it's moments. Killer Carebears, the pointless-ness of Leia being revealed to be Lukes sister. I also think Boba Fett could've died a more honorable villain-esque death. I mean they made him all badass in ESB, and then he gets knocked into the Sarlac pit in like the first five minutes of the movie?

Edited by Mr. Sinister
I haven't even heard of dog day afternoon.

Pacino flick. One of his best performances according to many.

I'm amazed at how many people (just in this thread) haven't seen the original Star Wars. I don't think I've come across one person that I've had that conversation with, who hasn't at least seen one of them.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
Speaking of Star Wars, I never understood the hate for the prequels. I mean yeah, Phantom Of The Menace was pretty much a kids movie, but there's no way that you can hate on the fight scenes, and the pod race/Tatooine/first Darth maul fight. Ithought Attack Of The Clones and Revenge Of The Sith were good as well.

And it's not like Return Of The Jedi didn't also have it's moments. Killer Carebears, the pointless-ness of Leia being revealed to be Lukes sister. I also think Boba Fett could've died a more honorable villain-esque death. I mean they made him all badass in ESB, and then he gets knocked into the Sarlac pit in like the first five minutes of the movie?

Could be lots of things really. Expectations after the first 3. The were nothing like the first 3. That kind of thing. Personally,I enjoyed all of them. Obviously I will always be more partial to the first 3,but very much enjoyed the prequals. Mind you,that's not to say I don't have my issues with the first 3. Namely Return of the Jedi. Had it's wonderful moments,but as friends of mine stated at the time,it was Disney meets Star Wars. Biggest kick I got out of the 2nd three were the saber battles. Outstanding. That's what I was looking for in R.O.J.. Special effects were clearly way cool. My biggest disappointments were "Midi-chlorians" :doh: and the death of this guy.

200px-Darthmaul_l.jpg

:(

I told my family afterwards that I felt like George made a mistake with that.

Oh. And I like the digital add ons and a few of the added scenes,(not Han shooting second though).

Edit: I've met several people over the years who haven't seen Star Wars. Want something really :wtf: I actually know one of the 11 people on the planet who didn't like The Princess Bride. :thud:

Edited by Park City Skins
I also have only seen maybe one episode of Seinfeld all the way through (Sticksboi in 3...2...1)

It's much more of a crime to have not seen Star Wars by 2012. Impressive even. At some point I figure someone would've sat MLS down and randomly watched it one day. Plus they're on Spike TV all the time. But Seinfeld is the best modern sitcom of all-time, however I can understand some people not getting into it. There's really no sitcom today in its league except when Arrested Development comes back on.

---------- Post added July-11th-2012 at 08:01 PM ----------

I'm actually watching Dog Day Afternoon tonight. Excited. Saw Taxi Driver a few weeks ago. Outstanding.

Yeah, PCS, I think both Darth Maul and Boba Fett got killed off way too quickly, but I think the main reason why was because the guys that played them were very limited (acting-wise). One was pretty much a stuntman. But yeah, I remember going to see Phantom Menace with my dad when it came out, and I was blown away. All of the fight scenes were top notch. I also kinda was bummed out when Liam Neeson's character got killed off, because it seemed like Qui Gonn was a really powerful dude that deserved a least one more episode, but I guess they had to grow Obi Wans character as well, and that would've been a hinderance. I've actually been pushing for a Star Wars spinoff, whether it be after Episode VI, or before Episode I where they could do a Qui Gonn standalone flick, where he's training a young Obi-Wan. I think either would be badass if done right.

And Sticks, one of these days I will sit down and watch a few Seinfeld seasons on DVD or something.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I really want to learn to sail and buy a boat and just see the world. I've been reading sailing books, tech stuff to learn, personal writing, that type of stuff.

I want to go to France (again) and stay as long as I want, Spain and just live on the beach, the Islands off Sicily, See parts of Africa (more of it than before), go to the South Pacific, Tahiti and Bali and wherever else. New Zealand and Australia.

I have friends all over the world now and places I can stay as long as I like. If I can get there by sail, spending all the time I want at sea, by myself or with whoever I want and go anywhere anytime, stay as long as I want, I will truly know what it is to be free.

That's what I want. I will have that.

I'm amazed at how many people (just in this thread) haven't seen the original Star Wars. I don't think I've come across one person that I've had that conversation with, who hasn't at least seen one of them.

I just saw the original trilogy for the first time a couple of months ago. My brother grew up loving Star Wars, but I never had any interest. I saw bits and pieces.

I enjoyed all three movies.

Haven't seen the prequels, except for part of the Jar Jar Binks one...power went off in the movie theater and I never bothered to see it again.

Edited by MissU28
who's watching ESPY's?

I haven't watched one in a while but it's pretty good so far

I had it on in the background while I was doing a practice ASVAB test, but I've since turned from it. Some of those guys have literally no clue how to dress for occasions like that.

* As I type this, Olivia Munn has just walked on stage. Wow.

I just saw the original trilogy for the first time a couple of months ago. My brother grew up loving Star Wars, but I never had any interest. I saw bits and pieces.

I enjoyed all three movies.

Haven't seen the prequels, except for part of the Jar Jar Binks one...power went off in the movie theater and I never bothered to see it again.

Yeah, I think that turned a lot people off that went to see it, since any time I see or hear criticism of that movie, he's one of the premier targets. Since I was 10-11 when the movie came out, I didn't really mind at all, but now that I'm older, I find that character incredibly annoying, as well as the whole "Gunga City" scene, but that scene was a a considerably small portion of the movie. I think everything else was very well done.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Jumbo changed the title to Random Thought Thread
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic