Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

Anyone watch the show Necessary Roughness? It's pretty good. It's football related, it's about a shrink who basically serves as the team psychologist for a ficitional pro football team. They just started season 2, and one of the storylines is the owner who's an egomaniacal loon. He basically reminds me of Dan Snyder pre-Allen/Shanahan. It's quite funny.

Anyone watch the show Necessary Roughness? It's pretty good. It's football related, it's about a shrink who basically serves as the team psychologist for a ficitional pro football team. They just started season 2, and one of the storylines is the owner who's an egomaniacal loon. He basically reminds me of Dan Snyder pre-Allen/Shanahan. It's quite funny.

Problem I have with it is the woman has nothing in the way of professional boundaries (and that's the tip of the iceberg) that would allow her to keep any licenses to practice in any state or reality I'm familiar with; other than that, it's good enough regular TV. :)

(but I can't emphasize enough how ridiculous her behavior with her main client in the show <the star WR>, and other of her behaviors when she's supposedly "working", are regarded by every pro I know).

I consider it the worst representation I've seen in recent memory, including her version of "therapy" and the way the scripts are written to present how she actually "helps" people. It's all so ludicrous (even how she uses hypnosis) that I may take the time to find out if they even have a consultant for the show.

Edited by Jumbo
Problem I have with it is the woman has nothing in the way of professional boundaries (and that's the tip of the iceberg) that would allow her to keep any licenses to practice in any state or reality I'm familiar with; other than that, it's good enough regular TV. :)

(but I can't emphasize enough how ridiculous her behavior with her main client in the show <the star WR>, and other of her behaviors when she's supposedly "working", are regarded by every pro I know).

I consider it the worst representation I've seen in recent memory, including her version of "therapy" and the way the scripts are written to present how she actually "helps" people. It's all so ludicrous (even how she uses hypnosis) that I may take the time to find out if they even have a consultant for the show.

I think TK is the only one that she really pushes the boundaries on. The other "client of the week" types she gets are mostly pretty normal. If anything they barge in on her.

But you know TV shows have to overdramatize stuff. :)

I do have to say though, USA Network produce some damn good shows. Burn Notice, Suits, Psych, Royal Pains, and Necessary Roughness are all solid shows. I also like their new buddy cop show Common Law. It's ironic that NBC owns USA because USA's shows are sooooo much better compared to the hot garbage they show on NBC.

Agreed on the USA shows being good, Warhead. I have been noting for awhile how, leaving out the big premium cable (HOB/Showtime etc) offerings for the moment, that much of the fare from TNT, USA, AMC compete with the best of ABC/NBC/CBS.

Have you seen the HBO show In Treatment?

If so I'm curious what you thought about it.

I'm almost done with season 1

When you see the "Replies/Views" numbers to the far right of the thread before you click on it, click on the number next to Replies instead

ex:

Replies 40,000<------------Click on this

Views 3,000,000

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Pretty cool. 582. Funny to see how many people above me are now banned. :ols:

I remember the last time they changed the board. I was one of those who hated the new look and feel for it, now I couldn't tell you what the old style was. :ols:

Lol, all the recent bans is probably why I'm in the top 5 now. And the only thing I miss about the old board look was the chatroom. Though the current one serves it's purpose, the old one was like that.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
Pretty cool. 582. Funny to see how many people above me are now banned. :ols:

I remember the last time they changed the board. I was one of those who hated the new look and feel for it, now I couldn't tell you what the old style was. :ols:

I remember being pissed at the change too. From what I recall, I was angry bc the new version seemed much more in your face than the old one. Maybe some of the boxes are bigger or something.

• Jumbo changed the title to Random Thought Thread
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic