Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

Oh, so I have a question about The Wire.

I've never owned HBO, so I've never seen it but I got access to a friends HBO Go and watched the first episode...I thought it sucked.

I assume that it picks up after that because it seems like everyone LOVES the show but I thought I'd ask ES.

Please don't spoil it :)

dude, you watched the first episode of a show that went 5 seasons? LOL. yes, it's a great series, one of HBO's best ever. WATCH IT!

Edited by Chew

It is common knowledge that Americans love their food, but it doesn’t hurt to get a reminder once-in-a-while as to exactly how much.

A Connecticut man, having received the wrong sandwich called 911 to get the issue resolved. He explained that he had “specifically asked for little turkey and little ham, a lot of cheese and a lot of mayonnaise.” Unfortunately, the deli worker got it all wrong. He further explained, saying, “I mean, I just want to solve this the right way. Her sister made it, but she left. They are playing games with me, so I was just wondering if you could come by. I just want it resolved and I want to be able to come back here and get the regular sandwich that I ask for.”

Rother McLennon, the customer, called the deli the following day to apologize.

Despite what you may think of Mr. McLennon, the passion with which he cares about his sandwiches is admirable. I just hate to imagine what his reaction would have been had he ordered something with extra bacon (a food stuff known to rile emotions like no other) and only received the standard number of strips.

http://blog.sarcasmsociety.com/society/man-gets-wrong-sandwich-calls-911.html

dude, you watched the first episode of a show that went 5 seasons? LOL. yes, it's a great series, one of HBO's best ever. WATCH IT!

No no I know, but she just got HBO and for a first episode of the first season I really wasn't hooked.

Just wanted to make sure it gets better :ols:

One random vent and one random thought.

There are those times when I don't post much, or in a serious fashion. But I read most everything. :)

Consequently, I think when the M1A3 Abrams is ready to go I'd like to test it by using it as a moderator tool. :pfft:

There's been "that cycle" again lately in the tailgate (lesser in the stadium) that brings out my dark side. :evilg:

Next, I am looking forward to a local garlic festival where you're actually encouraged and celebrated for reeking of garlic. :D.

Hopefully you can tell which was the vent. :ols:

Edited by Jumbo
Seriously, what the hell does anyone find funny about Adam Sandler?

What a waste. It's amazing he keeps getting movies.

~Bang

I was talking with a co-worker about this yesterday. He is approaching the point of no return ( aka Nicolas Cage territory) with me. I mean yeah, he had some really funny movies like Happy Gilmore, 50 First Dates, The Waterboy, Mr. Deeds, Anger Management, etc, but at some point, most people get tired of seeing certain dudes playing the same over and over and over again. A lot of the movies that he's done in the last 5-6 years have been cringe worthy.

I was talking with a co-worker about this yesterday. He is approaching the point of no return ( aka Nicolas Cage territory) with me. I mean yeah, he had some really funny movies like Happy Gilmore, 50 First Dates, The Waterboy, Mr. Deeds, Anger Management, etc, but at some point, most people get tired of seeing certain dudes playing the same over and over and over again. A lot of the movies that he's done in the last 5-6 years have been cringe worthy.

Aside from the earliest days, I find little impressive in the comedy movies from SNL alumni, males in particular (giving nods to recent offering from the ladies). While many did their share of good sketches on the show, their movies could usually be reduced to about 20 minutes of funny material.

Edited by Jumbo

I'd have to sday that the best movies by SNLers... obviously the Blues Brothers is a classic, and Elf is excellent.. Ghostbusters was good, but aside from that... not much.

I did sort of like "The Ladies Man".. but i loved that character from the get go. But as Jumbo said,, 20 minutes was all it could really sustain.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

more productive

comfortable

not drinking too much

regular exercise at the gym (3 days a week)

getting on better with your associate employee contemporaries

at ease

eating well (no more microwave dinners and saturated fats)

a patient better driver

a safer car (baby smiling in back seat)

sleeping well (no bad dreams)

no paranoia

careful to all animals (never washing spiders down the plughole)

keep in contact with old friends (enjoy a drink now and then)

will frequently check credit at (moral) bank (hole in wall)

favours for favours

fond but not in love

charity standing orders

on sundays ring road supermarket

(no killing moths or putting boiling water on the ants)

car wash (also on sundays)

no longer afraid of the dark

or midday shadows

nothing so ridiculously teenage and desperate

nothing so childish

at a better pace

slower and more calculated

no chance of escape

now self-employed

concerned (but powerless)

an empowered and informed member of society (pragmatism not idealism)

will not cry in public

less chance of illness

tires that grip in the wet (shot of baby strapped in back seat)

a good memory

still cries at a good film

still kisses with saliva

no longer empty and frantic

like a cat

tied to a stick

that's driven into

frozen winter **** (the ability to laugh at weakness)

calm

fitter, healthier and more productive

a pig

in a cage

on antibiotics

I consider it a personal weakness of mine (though it can also save me a lot of time in some cases) in that I can be easily turned off by a movie with a bad title, without having read one single review. It's what kept me from seeing Snakes On A Plane until I mustered up enough courage to watch it a few years later, only to realize that it wasn't intended to be as serious as I thought it was. It has also kept me from seeing movies like Drive Angry, Bang**** Dangerous, Season Of The Witch, etc, but my Cage beef is well documented on this site, so I'll leave it there.

"Gangster Squad" is almost laughable. I'll keep an eye on it though.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I thought "Just Go With It" was hilarious. But you and Bang are right- his other recent movies are flops. Grown Ups was horrible. I may see Grown Ups 2 just because Andy Samberg is in it, but I didn't bother watching "Jack and Jill"...I used to LOVE Adam Sandler and his movies, but some stuff is just not funny to me.

Actually, I was at the gym a few months ago, and I got to see the first 30 or so minutes of Grownups, and it was pretty funny, so yeah, he has that going for him. I'm not sure about his latest one though (That's My Boy). I may have to leave that one alone. I think another reason why his movies have become very unappealing as of late (besides the fact that most of them suck) is that it gets harder and harder to pull off that trademark sophomoric Sandler humor when you are in your mid 40's, unless it's really really good.

I thought Little Nicky was pretty funny (stupid funny), but I don't think it would've been nearly as funny with an older Sandler.

EDIT, Waterboy is on FX as I type this

Edited by Mr. Sinister
I'd have to sday that the best movies by SNLers... obviously the Blues Brothers is a classic, and Elf is excellent.. Ghostbusters was good, but aside from that... not much.

I did sort of like "The Ladies Man".. but i loved that character from the get go. But as Jumbo said,, 20 minutes was all it could really sustain.

~Bang

Will Ferrel in "Stepbrothers" and "The Other Guys" was pretty funny. Him and Kristen Wiig are about the only ones I can handle lately.

Edited by Win4us
  • Jumbo changed the title to Random Thought Thread
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic