Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

What was the name of the football player who dislocated his finger and had it removed on the sidelines? It is on the tip of my tongue, but I can't pull it. Some help from my ES friends.

What was the name of the football player who dislocated his finger and had it removed on the sidelines? It is on the tip of my tongue, but I can't pull it. Some help from my ES friends.

Removed??

I saw Terry Allen have one yanked back into place on the sideline once. But removed? Wow.

I posted this last night on fb. Pretty much sums of the story of my life:

You know what, I wish I had as much confidence in the Redskins as I do with the Thunder. When they were down by double-digits, I had no doubts about them winning the game....

Hopefully that changes this year. :D

Edited by MLSKINS
RVA, When I was a kid one of Mr. Rogers post cards accidentally came to our house during the holidays. Handwritten and personal. It was for a neighbor...but still pretty cool. It was really nice to talk to the family when we went over to return their mail.

I think you can buy some of the shows on DVD and he wrote a couple dozen books or so. From the note on the postcard and talking to the family, he seemed to me like a really genuine person...I always appreciate that.

That's a pretty cool story.

I watched a few other Mr. Rogers videos that were related on Youtube. He really was a remarkable guy - during his acceptance speech for the '97 Lifetime Achievement award, you see almost everybody they pan to in the audience crying a little bit. I feel like everybody from the past few generations has had Mr. Rogers in their life at one point or another.

His speech in the US Congress was impressive as well. Completely won them over in 6 minutes. Sad he's gone!

Edited by RVAbrendan

Sad to see these ads about people texting and driving and getting into accidents / dying. Whenever someone calls, I never pick up when I'm driving. It's just common sense. We are tethered to our devices in this day and age, but we have to remember, when we are on the road, to focus on the road.

Sad to see these ads about people texting and driving and getting into accidents / dying. Whenever someone calls, I never pick up when I'm driving. It's just common sense. We are tethered to our devices in this day and age, but we have to remember, when we are on the road, to focus on the road.

Man, talking on the phone is bad enough, so I can't even imagine why someone would text and drive.

Shoot, I know some people who can't even drive and turn the radio.

Justin Tuck's new mask to help prevent any future neck injuries.

Would it have been illegal to just make it solid?? :ols:

In all seriousness though, anything that makes it more difficult to grasp the facemask is a GREAT thing.

Why do people always remind me about the most simple things? Like I'll be talking to someone with my keys or phone on my desk and either I or they will leave and they'll say, "Don't forget your keys." It's like yeah thanks guy I know.

I disagree with the talking on the phone part, as long as you're using speaker phone or a hands free device. I look at talking on speaker phone no differently than carrying on a conversation with somebody in the car with you. Hell, I'd even go as far as to say talking to somebody in the car with you might even be more distracting, as you'd naturally feel the urge to glance over and make eye contact every minute or so.

But the texting, definitely a no no.

I disagree with the talking on the phone part, as long as you're using speaker phone or a hands free device. I look at talking on speaker phone no differently than carrying on a conversation with somebody in the car with you. Hell, I'd even go as far as to say talking to somebody in the car with you might even be more distracting, as you'd naturally feel the urge to glance over and make eye contact every minute or so.

But the texting, definitely a no no.

Come on Chewy, you know what I meant. :silly:

I have been working at this office job for almost a year. So much BS goes on here, it is crazy....

Edited by MLSKINS
  • Jumbo changed the title to Random Thought Thread
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic