Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

This is exactly what is right about people.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/track-and-xc/story/_/id/8010251/high-school-runner-carries-fallen-opponent-finish-line

Prep runner carries foe to finish line

HS_McMath_Vogel_576.jpg

---------- Post added June-5th-2012 at 09:04 AM ----------

Vogel, a junior runner for West Liberty-Salem High School (West Liberty, Ohio), won the 1,600-meter title Saturday at the Division III girls state meet at Jesse Owens Stadium in Columbus. But it's what she did in her next race that was most remarkable.

With about 20 meters to go in the 3,200, Arden McMath, a sophomore from Arlington High School, collapsed in front of Vogel. Rather than run by her, Vogel helped McMath to her feet and carried her across the finish line, making sure to keep McMath ahead of her.

Edited by The Evil Genius
This is exactly what is right about people.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/track-and-xc/story/_/id/8010251/high-school-runner-carries-fallen-opponent-finish-line

Prep runner carries foe to finish line

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0605/HS_McMath_Vogel_576.jpg

---------- Post added June-5th-2012 at 09:04 AM ----------

Reminds me of this:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24392612/

PORTLAND, Ore. - With two runners on base and a strike against her, Sara Tucholsky of Western Oregon University uncorked her best swing and did something she had never done, in high school or college. Her first home run cleared the center-field fence.

But it appeared to be the shortest of dreams come true when she missed first base, started back to tag it and collapsed with a knee injury.

She crawled back to first but could do no more. The first-base coach said she would be called out if her teammates tried to help her. Or, the umpire said, a pinch runner could be called in, and the homer would count as a single.

Then, members of the Central Washington University softball team stunned spectators by carrying Tucholsky around the bases Saturday so the three-run homer would count — an act that contributed to their own elimination from the playoffs.

There IS hope for us after all.

Parked for the first time at the West Falls Church metro stop. Had no idea that even with that much parking available, it would be nearly impossible to find a spot by 10 AM.

I was driving around the lot for a good 15 minutes with another car behind me. We split ways after a while and then go into another lot at the same time. I spotted an open spot just one second before she did and took it. I fist pumped as if I just won the Super Bowl.

Parked for the first time at the West Falls Church metro stop. Had no idea that even with that much parking available, it would be nearly impossible to find a spot by 10 AM.

I was driving around the lot for a good 15 minutes with another car behind me. We split ways after a while and then go into another lot at the same time. I spotted an open spot just one second before she did and took it. I fist pumped as if I just won the Super Bowl.

success_baby-kid.jpg

First image that popped into my mind...

Man it feels good outside today, absolutely perfect...

Getting ready to go for a run. Seeing as how fast 2012 has flown by, it won't be long before we're in the thick of August, at which point you could cut the DC area humidity with a knife. I shall cherish days like today.

At New Carrolton after 930 it is impossible.

Kudos to Driver, but kudos to the kid as well:

In a statement released to Appleton Post-Crescent, Ereth said she "overreacted in the excitement of the moment."

Stephen Wagner said Ereth offered to give him the shoe back, but he felt she deserved to keep it after being subjected to so much negative publicity.

"She didn't know it was coming to me," Wagner said. "I just feel sorry that she's having a lot of mean things said to her."

Question from my perceptions here in a bar:

Why does it seem black people are always bandwagon fans? Miami Heat, Dallas Cowboys, Yankees...you name it, it always seems to be the case. I know the whole Redskins history of being the last team to segregate is the reason they claim to be Cowboy fans in the DMV, but what is the reasoning behind the other choices?

That phrase everything works out well in the end. Maybe its true. Just a short while ago I nailed rock bottom when the girl I had been seeing turned into a giant tool(abrupt turn from the nice girl i thought I had been seeing). Now I've since met a very nice very attractive girl who is a big sports fan(soccer mainly. She's from Columbia.) who wants us to go out DCU game later in June(note: She doesn't know much about American soccer but knows I like them. Bonus points lol).

All is calm in RichmondRedskin's world.

Question from my perceptions here in a bar:

Why does it seem black people are always bandwagon fans? Miami Heat, Dallas Cowboys, Yankees...you name it, it always seems to be the case. I know the whole Redskins history of being the last team to segregate is the reason they claim to be Cowboy fans in the DMV, but what is the reasoning behind the other choices?

Attention Whoreism..... Usually most of the bandwagon fans I meet are attention whores.

If tonight is a game, then I think I am winning......

Celtics won....

Finally saw The Avengers.....

AND my man Bryce Harper got a walk-off.

• Jumbo changed the title to Random Thought Thread
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic