Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

Why would you want to have un-authentic Italian food in NYC? Just hit up a local joint.

---------- Post added May-21st-2012 at 10:00 PM ----------

I'm never going to watch the Lion King again

I can't do it

Edited by ixcuincle
Sad to see House end.

Great show. Stellar writing. And one of the greatest characters in TV history, all BS aside.

I'm never going to watch the Lion King again

I can't do it

One of my all-time favorite movies. I was PISSED when my daughter's wouldn't go see it with me in 3D.

Great show. Stellar writing. And one of the greatest characters in TV history, all BS aside.

One of my all-time favorite movies. I was PISSED when my daughter's wouldn't go see it with me in 3D.

Definitely liked the finale, classic House at the end. It was nice to see some old characters come back although I thought they could have done more if they had made the episode two hours.

No more, Countin' down the hours

No more

Wishin' you were here

I stopped believin',

Although Journey told me 'don't'

Before I call it a day,

Maybe this'll be my year

Maybe this'll be my year

Maybe this'll be my year

Maybe this'll be my year

One, two, you’re the girl that I want

Three, four, five, six, seven, ****

Eight is the bullets if you say no after all this

And I just couldn’t take it, you’re so mother****in’ gorgeous

Gorgeous, baby you’re gorgeous

I just wanna drag you’re lifeless body to the forest

And fornicate with it but that’s because I’m in love with

You… ****

"My wife and her "black name." Kind of a discouraging situation, and thought I'd post it in here as its kinda random.

We have been living in Colorado for almost a year now, and my wife has yet to find a job. Her first name is "Tamika," and her last name (my last name) is Irish (I'm adopted LOL). The Denver area has a pretty strong job market, and she's applied to hundreds of jobs. She's got a Masters degree in Business Management, and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, and has 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineer. Yet, even with her solid credentials, in a year's time she's only had 6 of so interviews, and still no job.

After a year of no real opportunities, she decided to try something to see if it worked. She changed her name on her resume and e-mail from "Tamika" to "Tami," in an attempt to sound less "ethnic." So now her name reads "Tami _________ (very common irish last name, needless to say she no longer sounds black on paper). EVERYTHING ELSE ON HER RESUME IS THE SAME. she did not change a single thing on her resume or e-mail address, other than her name, from "Tamika" to "Tami" in an attempt to sound less black.

She did this around the last week in April,less than a month ago, and guess what?!?! she's had 7 call backs for interviews in less than 30 days. She's had 4 interviews in the last 2 weeks, and has two interviews this week, and an interview next week. She's had more interviews under "Tami" in 3 weeks than she did "Tamika" in 11 months, using the exact same resume, word for word. Tell me there isn't something wrong here...

I'm a black dude, and I've never played the race card in my entire life. I'm not playing it now either, but god dammit if that isn't some bull crap....

Edited by Chew
Everything is coming out in 3d now, or being remade for 3d

I don't get the trend. Why would I want to go to a movie and put on glasses that make my eyes hurt just for some cheesy special effects

I hate 3D. I think it should be saved for those stupid underwater imax movies at the museum. Thankfully most movies which are released in 3D are also released in regular-D.

I've seen 4 movies in 3D in the theater. Avatar, Toy Story 3, Alice in Wonderland, and The Avengers. The only one that added anything to the movie was Avatar. The rest, I barely noticed were 3D half the time except for the annoying glasses I was wearing. And seeing Avengers in 3D wasn't by choice, it was all the theater had left.

So how come there is no TV in the Star Wars universe? The technology for it obviously existed. Does everybody rely on holograms to get their news? Would they rather watch chariot races and listen to aliens play the clarinet, then watch a sitcom?

And on a related note, why does Chewbacca have a crossbow that shoots lasers? I can't wrap my head around that.

So how come there is no TV in the Star Wars universe? The technology for it obviously existed. Does everybody rely on holograms to get their news? Would they rather watch chariot races and listen to aliens play the clarinet, then watch a sitcom?

Someone obviously hasn't seen the Star Wars Holiday Special.

• Jumbo changed the title to Random Thought Thread
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic