Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

iphone help someone? I've only had an iphone since xmas (the original version) and I just got a group MMS with a funny photo. I :ols:'d but then I realize that I have no clue who it is from. All I can see is the numbers of 5 other recipients. Only one of them has a 214 area code number, like me. But it's not a number I recognize and it belongs to nobody in my contact list. And the other four numbers are ones from different area codes. Three are out of New Jersey and another is from Florida. Again, none of those numbers are ones in my contacts.

But I really don't care about other recipients. What I want to find out is who sent it. It doesn't even list a number or anything.

edit: Although wait, there is a number above the pic in the actual message, and it is one of the numbers that is listed in the recipients. Is that the same number who sent it? If so, why is it listed as a recipient? :whoknows:

iphone help someone? I've only had an iphone since xmas (the original version) and I just got a group MMS with a funny photo. I :ols:'d but then I realize that I have no clue who it is from. All I can see is the numbers of 5 other recipients. Only one of them has a 214 area code number, like me. But it's not a number I recognize and it belongs to nobody in my contact list. And the other four numbers are ones from different area codes. Three are out of New Jersey and another is from Florida. Again, none of those numbers are ones in my contacts.

But I really don't care about other recipients. What I want to find out is who sent it. It doesn't even list a number or anything.

edit: Although wait, there is a number above the pic in the actual message, and it is one of the numbers that is listed in the recipients. Is that the same number who sent it? If so, why is it listed as a recipient? :whoknows:

The number right above the photo should be the sender, and the other numbers are everyone else that he sent it too. If they have an iphone they will see your number in the recipients but if they don't have an iphone they usually only see the sender. If you reply within that group mms every recipient will get a text from you and will probably ask "who the hell is this!!" :ols:

So if you want to find out who sent it to ya i'd just copy the number above the picture and open a new mms to them.

The number right above the photo should be the sender, and the other numbers are everyone else that he sent it too. If they have an iphone they will see your number in the recipients but if they don't have an iphone they usually only see the sender. If you reply within that group mms every recipient will get a text from you and will probably ask "who the hell is this!!" :ols:

So if you want to find out who sent it to ya i'd just copy the number above the picture and open a new mms to them.

Thanks, that's about what I was guessing. I mean, I have gotten MMS's before with my old phones, and even group ones to multiple recipients. But never have I gotten one where I don't recognize the sender's number or any of the recipients. My guess is that it is either a number that I deleted awhile ago or that my number was included in the MMS by accident.

But I have one friend who sends me random funny pics like this, and it would totally be his style. And he has a 214 number and is originally from NJ. So it might explain the fact that the MMS was sent to other NJ phone numbers. People that he knows, but who I do not. But the one hole is that it was NOT his number that sent it. So I'm back to square one. :ols:

---------- Post added April-1st-2012 at 11:22 PM ----------

What does "mms" mean? ^^

multimedia messaging service

BAM! Mystery solved! :ols:

The text was sent by the sister of the friend I mentioned. I was checking the FBs of a few people I suspected, just in case they had their numbers posted in their profile. And her number matched the sender's number. Glad I figured that one out. I wanted to find out without having to ask. :ols:

But wait, why did she have my number? I've never had hers. :whoknows:

Random Thought: Irsay should have tweeted on Sunday that he was gonna take Griffin III. That would have created quite the stir. And knowing him, you wouldn't have thought he was joking or not (he's hard to read).

---------- Post added April-2nd-2012 at 12:39 AM ----------

Are you calling me a FB creeper or her? Because it would definitely be her who falls under that category and not me based on all the evidence I have provided. :ols:
I've already forgotten what the message was that she sent you. I was just calling you a creeper because you tracked down her number on facebook. Wasn't serious, of course.

On a serious note: why do people put personal stuff (phone numbers) like that on FB? No way I'd put my number on there.

I've already forgotten what the message was that she sent you. I was just calling you a creeper because you tracked down her number on facebook. Wasn't serious, of course.

On a serious note: why do people put personal stuff (phone numbers) like that on FB? No way I'd put my number on there.

But she had to get my number to start with. And there are only two ways which she could have done that: either ask her brother or find my number, which is also on my FB. And knowing her, I am leaning towards the latter. This was the pic that she sent, which is the typical kind of pic I would get from my friend (her brother). :ols:

GT4zm.jpg

I think it probably has to do with how long you have been on FB. I have been on there forever. Back when it was only allowed for college students with valid .edu emails. And also back when it was called "the facebook" rather than just "facebook." Back then (I joined in Fall 2004), there was only a limited amount of stuff you could fill out in your profile. Your phone number was one of those things. Basically everyone that you were "friends" with on FB were people you knew at your own college or former HS classmates at other colleges. It was just common to put your phone number on your profile. And some people, like myself, have never bothered to take it off.

My brother is a big fan of the outdoor possibilities of the Portland, Ore, area.

He likes to observe that you can pretty much pick the weather you want, simply by picking your altitude.

Says that from where he is, you can drive an hour, and you can go surfing, year round. (You'll need a wet suit, because the water is cold. But it's certainly do-able.) Drive an hour in the opposite direction, and you can go snow skiing or snowboarding, year round. (On Mt. Hood.)

I think it probably has to do with how long you have been on FB. I have been on there forever. Back when it was only allowed for college students with valid .edu emails. And also back when it was called "the facebook" rather than just "facebook." Back then (I joined in Fall 2004), there was only a limited amount of stuff you could fill out in your profile. Your phone number was one of those things. Basically everyone that you were "friends" with on FB were people you knew at your own college or former HS classmates at other colleges. It was just common to put your phone number on your profile. And some people, like myself, have never bothered to take it off.

Yeah I think my profile might even still have my AIM screen name lol. Can't remember the last time I logged on that.

My brother is a big fan of the outdoor possibilities of the Portland, Ore, area.

He likes to observe that you can pretty much pick the weather you want, simply by picking your altitude.

Says that from where he is, you can drive an hour, and you can go surfing, year round. (You'll need a wet suit, because the water is cold. But it's certainly do-able.) Drive an hour in the opposite direction, and you can go snow skiing or snowboarding, year round. (On Mt. Hood.)

Portland is one of the coolest cities I've ever been to. We lived in Seattle for a little over 2 years, but we actually would drive 90 minutes down I-5 and spend more time in Portland than downtown Seattle.

Have you ever been there? Portland is suuuuuch a cool place. :)

On Friday afternoon I used an ATM at a bank, it was the kind that sucks in the card instead of letting you just swipe it. Maybe 10 minutes later I realized I didn't have my card. I go back to the ATM and it's gone, so I go in the bank to ask, and sure enough, somebody found it and thankfully turned it in.

That's when the teller says she's not allowed to give it back to me, since my account is with a different bank. I can't tell you how infuriating it is to be looking at a piece of your own property, with your name right on it, and have somebody tell you that you can't have it. If a person on the street was holding my card and refused to give it back to me, I'm pretty sure they would qualify as a thief.

But she had to get my number to start with. And there are only two ways which she could have done that: either ask her brother or find my number, which is also on my FB. And knowing her, I am leaning towards the latter. This was the pic that she sent, which is the typical kind of pic I would get from my friend (her brother). :ols:

When I got my smartphone and uploaded all my contacts, I had tons of new contacts- it uploaded everyone on facebook who had a phone number in their profile, so now I have the phone number of tons of people I haven't talked to or seen in years. It also gives me their birthdays and email addresses, if those are on their profile.

Yeah I think my profile might even still have my AIM screen name lol. Can't remember the last time I logged on that.

Exactly, I think you'd have to be a "the facebook" original to fully understand. lol

When I got my smartphone and uploaded all my contacts, I had tons of new contacts- it uploaded everyone on facebook who had a phone number in their profile, so now I have the phone number of tons of people I haven't talked to or seen in years. It also gives me their birthdays and email addresses, if those are on their profile.

Interesting, that is something I did not know. Even so, she and I have never texted each other before. We've talked in person before, but that's it. ANYWAY, not a big deal at all. I was just curious to find out who it was and I did.

Mine phone does the same thing. But if you turn off the Facebook Contacts sync, it won't show up anymore.

Mine has my ICQ number... But that's because I have a crazy awesome memory for numbers...

Archived