Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

NBA basketball is irrelevant nowadays

The craze is all about NFL and

baseball

You heard me, MLB is 2nd place in terms of relevance. And you know pitchers and catchers report soon. And you know I'll be listening to a ton of irrelevant Spring Training games every afternoon while chilling on my laptop :ols:

I remember watching ESPN NFL Live and Wingo said MLB was 2nd place in pro sports by far. NBA third. NHL fourth. MLS fifth. ;)

MLB had record attention on last day of season, MLB WS was insane, was a great season last year. And this season will be just as good. Hopefully the Braves can actually get past the first round this year :ols:

---------- Post added January-28th-2012 at 07:39 PM ----------

I agree. College basketball is sooo boring until March. So sick of all the better players playing only a season and then bolting. Completely waters down the overall product. Riding into work yesterday listening to my local sports talk radio...one of the co-hosts was talking about how bad CBB has become..He goes: "without looking it up, I bet 90% of the fans out there can't even name a player on Missouri's team"...We went onto say that Missouri is like the #2 team in the country and no one even knows who plays for them. Which is true. I mean, I could only name a player because I remember reading the other day that Paul Pressey's son plays for them.

Remember when Heyward was good lol

Talk about a huge decline :(

Edited by ixcuincle
Perhaps you would know more players if you had Twitter and followed such intellectuals such as ESPNAndyKatz
I do know a lot of the players already. My point was that most fans out there can't even name any players on some of the top teams this year. Back in the older days, when guys didn't leave after one year, it was easy to name all the top players on the top teams. Not now. The college game, like it or not, is just a severly watered down product.

---------- Post added January-28th-2012 at 09:24 PM ----------

NBA basketball is irrelevant nowadays

The craze is all about NFL and

baseball

You heard me, MLB is 2nd place in terms of relevance. And you know pitchers and catchers report soon. And you know I'll be listening to a ton of irrelevant Spring Training games every afternoon while chilling on my laptop :ols:

Ahem..."Nascar" would be 2nd, boss.:)

---------- Post added January-28th-2012 at 09:25 PM ----------

Bubble just hates Tiger because he has had more women in his bed than he has.

His Tiger hate is misplaced.

Nope. Try again.
Thank you for making me feel like a tub of lard. 5'8" 205. ****.

Yeah, but I bet you have less body fat percentage than I do. :) My gut protrudes, believe me. Plus my face had gotten chubbier. I had dinner with this friend of my father's a couple weeks ago, who I hadn't seen in 2 years, and one of the first things he said was, "looks like you've gained about 10 pounds since I last saw you." In my head I'm like geez thanks *******. But I take most things pretty lightly, I'd rather hear that for motivation. So now, my new goal is to be a vegetarian for a month. I'm sure I'l throw some chicken in my salad once or twice though.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added January-29th-2012 at 01:14 AM ----------

Ooooooooooooooi!!7!!!!

---------- Post added January-29th-2012 at 01:14 AM ----------

Ooooooooooooooi!!7!!!!

So I am guessing that you are not sober ?

I can't wait to crush some taco belll. I'm soooooooooooo ****ing hungry.it

Del Taco is much better when lifted. The tacos are not all soggy and they don't skimp on the cheese. Or do they even have a Del Taco where your at? If so it's a better option.

Hope you enjoy Costanza taking Heyward's place in the outfield :ols:
He's not gonna take JHey's position. Like I told you in the PM, Heyward's down year was mostly the result of the shoulder injury he endured all season. It had an affect on his swing. Plus he was only 21. It's not at all uncommon for such a young player to go through growing pains early in their career. And if Heyward should struggle again, Costanza is more than capable of filling that role (he hit .303 last year). Stop worrying about Heyward and worry whether or not Strasburg can ever pitch 100 innings in the majors.:rotflmao:
Can't wait to see Pineda and CC dominate the Sox again :ols:
Um, the Red Sox, as a team, have hit .348 against Pineda, slugged .565, and have on OPS of .940:rotflmao::rotflmao:

---------- Post added January-29th-2012 at 12:47 PM ----------

ughhh i thought i would wake up and watch coverage of abu-dhabi pga event and then i go on Facebook and someone post the final results!
Pretty sure Tiger didn't win.
pretty sure you don't know that he is leading at 54 holes there

Annnnd then there's this..."Attempting to win an official event for the first time in 26 months, Woods instead finished third to unheralded Robert Rock, an Englishman who won for just the second time in his European Tour career by capturing the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship."

Edited by Bubble Screen
  • Jumbo changed the title to Random Thought Thread
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic