Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I'm not a fan of men with their ears pierced.

Both of my ears are pierced. Silver, diamond stud earrings, relatively small, no hoops or lightning bolts, or any other kind of "Look at me" earrings.

I have no tattoos though, but I've been meaning to get one forever; just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Both of my ears are pierced. Silver, diamond stud earrings, relatively small, no hoops or lightning bolts, or any other kind of "Look at me" earrings.

I have no tattoos though, but I've been meaning to get one forever; just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Any earrings on a guy say "look at me"

For some, sure. Not all. I have my ears pierced and am a pretty humble dude. Why did I get them pierced? I think it looks good. Same reason why people worry about fashion, and women put on make-up or wear low cut shirts, etc.

I see. We'll agree to disagree then.

I've definitely come across a lot of men and women who questioned/didn't like them, and also some women that liked them. Like I said though, I've seen guys with earrings way bigger than mine, all different colors/shapes/sizes, and comparing my earrings to theirs, mine don't stand out that much

article_ChrisDall.jpg

http://dukechronicle.com/article/low-attendance-forces-duke-athletics-sell-student-seats

Once regularly an asylum for 1,200 Crazies, Section 17 at Cameron Indoor Stadium now rarely plays host to a student-only crowd.

Student attendance at men’s basketball games has fallen consistently over the last five years, even dropping after Duke won its fourth national championship in 2010. This season, approximately 650 undergraduates have attended each game, 150 fewer than during the 2008-09 season. As a result, Duke Athletics has begun to sell an increasing number of general admission tickets in the student section on a regular basis.

“It has nothing to do with the revenue. We just want it to be full,” Director of Marketing and Relations Mike Forman said. “If there were 1,200 students every game we would love it.”

This is not the first season in which students have been accompanied by paying customers in Section 17, the 1,200-seat stretch of bleachers that run parallel to the court across from the team benches. Last season, Section 17 tickets were sold for every regular season home game except for Michigan State and North Carolina. Approximately 850 tickets are sold to home games during winter break, reserving 100 spots for local students to attend.

:ols:

Thinking about buying a house or condo. Thing is I don't know much about real estate/mortgages/property taxes etc. I have just over $50,000 saved and all my friends are telling me now is the time and I should be looking. There are houses and condos in LA for $500,000 with 5% downpayment, or $25,000. I can do that. Just not sure where I would buy. Not a decision to take lightly.

Thinking about buying a house or condo. Thing is I don't know much about real estate/mortgages/property taxes etc. I have just over $50,000 saved and all my friends are telling me now is the time and I should be looking. There are houses and condos in LA for $500,000 with 5% downpayment, or $25,000. I can do that. Just not sure where I would buy. Not a decision to take lightly.

You realize a $500,000 house with that small of a down payment is going to be like $3500 a month, right? Ballin' if you can afford that on your own.

You realize a $500,000 house with that small of a down payment is going to be like $3500 a month, right? Ballin' if you can afford that on your own.

Dang for real? I thought mortgages were like $1,000 a month. Meh...like I was saying I don't know anything really about real estate. I suck at math too.

I've always wanted to live in San Diego so maybe I'll look down there. I need to talk to a real estate company obviously I'm sure they can help/swindle me.

Dang for real? I thought mortgages were like $1,000 a month. Meh...like I was saying I don't know anything really about real estate. I suck at math too.

I've always wanted to live in San Diego so maybe I'll look down there. I need to talk to a real estate company obviously I'm sure they can help/swindle me.

lololol $1000 a month would be for a house that is like $200k...I mean, a lot of other things factor in, but you need to go to the bank, like ren said, and get preapproved for a loan. I don't know your salary, but even qualifying for a $300k loan by yourself is pushing it. If I were you, I'd look in Temecula instead of San Diego. Much more for your money, but it gets hot as a ***** in the summer.

Well sure, but in 9 of 10 cases so did/do ducktails, sideburns, dreads, leather jackets, Harleys, any visible piercing, big biceps, tattoos, etc etc

Many guys are invested in getting attention just as much as they claim the females are ;)

Grammar question: Can you say, "I issued in the new year by making a toast"? Is "issue in" a phrase that exists? As in if you're trying to say, "I welcomed in the new year by making a toast"? I'm sure I've heard that phrase before.
I would say "I issued in the new year by making a toast" would be correct. But what do I know.

I think you're thinking of "I ushered in the New Year"
That wasn't my quote. I was just saying the quote CF used might be correct. I know you can use the phrase "Issued in". However, I'm not sure if you can use it in the sentence CF offered.

MissU28 is a teacher. She'd probably know the answer to this.

I got broken up with again last night...

And there was no reason given, but when I asked her if she was happy with me, she said, "yes". I asked if she did something she shouldn't have, and she said, "of course not".

Suffice to say, I don't get it.

Sorry for being a debbie-downer lately, this is out of left field and the fact that it makes no sense doesn't help.

I got broken up with again last night...

And there was no reason given, but when I asked her if she was happy with me, she said, "yes". I asked if she did something she shouldn't have, and she said, "of course not".

Suffice to say, I don't get it.

Sorry for being a debbie-downer lately, this is out of left field and the fact that it makes no sense doesn't help.

Like I said, dude: she'll regret it. I've been in your shoes before and it's a kick in the gut, but this too shall pass.

Like I said, dude: she'll regret it. I've been in your shoes before and it's a kick in the gut, but this too shall pass.

Yeah, I'll be fine. I know it. But right now, like you said, it's a kick somewhere. Not sure if it's the gut though.

Archived