Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

KD, you should explain most of this stuff to the artist you'd like to work with. He or she will likely be able to create a artistic concept that you may not have thought of before.

Yup. I always do. But I always go in with a plan. And then compare their idea to mine and combine or remove/replace elements. I'm an extremely detail oriented person. I have plans for everything. I can improvise and adjust a plan, but I try to always be prepared.

Thanks for the advice. It's something I'll do.

That's cool. I have three. I love them, but they're all able to be covered. That's my only criteria.

But to each their own, I certainly respect that point of view.

Honestly, I don't have any problem with a guy getting one (although I'd never do it). However, I could never date a woman that has one. "Maybe" if it were covered, I could. I think visible tats on a woman look trashy.

Good luck with yours. And at least you're getting one that has meaning to you. A lot of people seem to get them just to be getting one.

Honestly, I don't have any problem with a guy getting one (although I'd never do it). However, I could never date a woman that has one. "Maybe" if it were covered, I could. I think visible tats on a woman look trashy.

Good luck with yours. And at least you're getting one that has meaning to you. A lot of people seem to get them just to be getting one.

Generally speaking I don't like tatoos either. However, my boyfriend has one which I really respect and I've seen a few others which, because they have very deep and special meaning to the individual, I can also respect. And less is more definitely applies to tatoos if you ask me.

Edit: I think the only time I'd ever really consider getting a tatoo would be if I was an athlete and I made it to the Olympics. Then I would definitely get a tat the Olympic rings. Or if I accomplished something else similar to that.

I believe Richmond is included in one of the top 10 most tattooed cities in America. I've only been here about 5 years, but it's true. It's almost odd seeing somebody who doesn't have a tattoo/multiple tattoos (I actually have one myself).

I've grown accustomed to friends, teachers, and professionals with tattoos, so they don't really effect me anymore (used to carry a "negative" stigma).

But see, ren... To me, getting the Olympic rings would be hokie as hell.

And that's okay. That's kinda the point. You don't have to like tattoos. The person with them has to like them. What you like is what you like. And anyone that tells you it's classless, stupid or whatever needs to mind their own business.

That tat I'm planning is probably stupid as hell to most. But not to me.

:)

But see, ren... To me, getting the Olympic rings would be hokie as hell.

And that's okay. That's kinda the point. You don't have to like tattoos. The person with them has to like them. What you like is what you like. And anyone that tells you it's classless, stupid or whatever needs to mind their own business.

That tat I'm planning is probably stupid as hell to most. But not to me.

:)

That would be "hokie" but yours wouldn't ?

You just put your foot in your mouth with that post.

No, you told her that it would be "hokie"...therefore not even realizing that you called her out before you put the rest on there.

It's her business, same as your corny idea for a tat was talking about having greek (or whatever it was) writing. None of my business. But you presented an opinion and then tried to flip it.

Man up and tell her "that idea sucks" if that is your take on it, or do as you say...and agree with "What you like".

I never crapped on you before for your idea for a tat, but again that is your business. Sounds pretty hypocritical from you.

No, you told her that it would be "hokie"...therefore not even realizing that you called her out before you put the rest on there.

What? :ols: Okay all-knowing. I apologize to you.

:ols:

It's her business, same as your corny idea for a tat was talking about having greek (or whatever it was) writing. None of my business. But you presented an opinion and then tried to flip it.

Try to flip it? No. I was saying different stuff is hokie to different people. I could care less what she would (or wouldn't) put on her body. It's her body.

Man up and tell her "that idea sucks" if that is your take on it, or do as you say...and agree with "What you like".

I never crapped on you before for your idea for a tat, but again that is your business. Sounds pretty hypocritical from you.

Have a bad day, Kosher? Need a hug?

Man up? :ols:

I don't like her idea. I think I said that? I think I said "do what you like" too. Perhaps you really didn't read the post. :ols:

So why even comment on her idea ?

I am not at all "all-knowing" but I know that you contradicted yourself.

Because thats how conversations occur. It's how you get different view points. You know, talking to people? I think you have me pegged as someone I'm not, dude. Really, I'm generally not a malicious person.

I didn't contradict myself. I made the point I wanted to, and I even added "people probably think my tat is stupid as hell". How is that the least bit contradicting? It's my point. I certainly meant no offense to ren, as I'm sure she meant no offense to people that have tattoos and like them.

Because thats how conversations occur. It's how you get different view points. You know, talking to people? I think you have me pegged as someone I'm not, dude. Really, I'm generally not a malicious person.

I didn't contradict myself. I made the point I wanted to, and I even added "people probably think my tat is stupid as hell". How is that the least bit contradicting? It's my point. I certainly meant no offense to ren, as I'm sure she meant no offense to people that have tattoos and like them.

I guess I have a different view point.

Ren had a better take on it than you seemed to. You seemed defensive whereas she seemed to try to explain her point better.

Archived