Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

I think many of us feel your pain on that. It can be one of the most annoying situations in life.

---------- Post added October-19th-2011 at 07:34 PM ----------

I'm proud of Norv Turner for hitting Rex Ryan back for his dumbass trash talk. Wouldn't have expected that from him though.

DZVSTia5aoM&hd=1

Awesome :ols:

Heard some glass shattering, big bumps and bangs and cursing and yelling going on in the apartment below mine (or another one nearby, I couldn't tell and was too afraid to leave my own apartment) about an hour ago. Definitely sounded like some kind of domestic violence. I called the cops, described what I heard, gave them my address and they said they'd send an officer over to check it out.

Things have been fairly calm the last 45 minutes or so. No cops came to my door or anything, and I'm not even sure if they came. I got the courage to put on my shoes and go outside to check the parking lot a little while ago, and I didn't see a police car. I kind of thought it was protocol for the police to come to the door of the person who reported the noise, but maybe that's in other places. I guess I'll just go to sleep?

NBA labor talks turn nasty, break off (AP)

There was a nasty tone, including accusations of lying, and an acknowledgement from Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver that he misjudged just how far apart the sides were.

More games seem sure to be canceled, and the entire season could be in jeopardy.

I've said before and Vishal disagrees, but the only reason the rampant business issues with the NBA can be fixed is with a season-long lockout. You can't just hammer and force a resolution, not with the sides as far apart as they are now.

Can the NBA survive a season-long lockout though

Edited by ixcuincle
NBA labor talks turn nasty, break off (AP)

I've said before and Vishal disagrees, but the only reason the rampant business issues with the NBA can be fixed is with a season-long lockout. You can't just hammer and force a resolution, not with the sides as far apart as they are now.

Can the NBA survive a season-long lockout though

A full season lockout does not guarantee huge changes. We may still come back with a variant of a soft cap system.

about 25 DC police just drove by on South Capitol street with a big black armored police car leading the way....any news of what could be worth that much attention?

Trying to get Rex Grossman to the Airport safely?

---------- Post added October-21st-2011 at 08:39 AM ----------

This has so much potential, hahhaaa.

http://gizmodo.com/5845529/fake-girlfriend-texting-service-is-actually-pretty-brilliant

Fake Girlfriend Texting Service Is Actually Pretty Brilliant

The notion of signing up for automated calls and texts from a machine pretending to be your girlfriend sounds pathetic—and I don't blame you for assuming it is. But here's why it's genius.

Life is filled with horrible social obligations: forced conversations, stilted smalltalk, uncomfortable appearances. A girlfriend is the ultimate excuse.

"I'm sorry, can't make it, it's my anniversary with __________."

"Hey I'd love to stop by, but ______________."

Former Washington pro football player Charles Mann will be at Northern Tool + Equipment (8400 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond) this Saturday, Oct. 22, 2011 from 10 am - noon to celebrate Northern Tool + Equipment's Richmond Grand Re-Opening. There will also be free food (Subway & Famous Daves), live broadcasts and giveaways from local radio stations, and hourly prize drawings with a total prize value of more than $1,000! Check it out!

:ols: I'm pretty sure Ive seen that before....and I'm pretty sure you are just realizing how big of a deal that rivalry is in Annapolis :pfft:

Haha, I knew the rivalry before coming here. But I was always reading the plate as BEATR ME and wondering wtf it meant bc the car wasn't a beater.

Heard some glass shattering, big bumps and bangs and cursing and yelling going on in the apartment below mine (or another one nearby, I couldn't tell and was too afraid to leave my own apartment) about an hour ago. Definitely sounded like some kind of domestic violence. I called the cops, described what I heard, gave them my address and they said they'd send an officer over to check it out.

Things have been fairly calm the last 45 minutes or so. No cops came to my door or anything, and I'm not even sure if they came. I got the courage to put on my shoes and go outside to check the parking lot a little while ago, and I didn't see a police car. I kind of thought it was protocol for the police to come to the door of the person who reported the noise, but maybe that's in other places. I guess I'll just go to sleep?

Mind your own damn business.

Edited by The Brave Little Toaster Oven
Haha, I knew the rivalry before coming here. But I was always reading the plate as BEATR ME and wondering wtf it meant bc the car wasn't a beater.
If Madonna tried to have sex with you, would you go where 100's of men have gone before?

Hmmm... What are the odds that these post were together???

Facebook trips me out sometimes. In the "people you may know" section some dude whom I only met at the Redskins bar pops up. Never talked to him outside of there, never sent him an email, only exchanged numbers because he wanted to buy my Jeremiah Trotter jersey. How is this possible?!?! How does facebook have any clue that I know that dude? So weird.

• Jumbo changed the title to Random Thought Thread
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic