Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

I'm 5'8" 200 lbs.QUOTE]

Damn, that's yoked. I tried to see how close I could come to 200 around this time last year, but that **** just takes way too much effort. I topped out at 195, and I'm 5'9. I've lost about 7-8 lbs of muscle within the last year due to intense cardio, so now I'm about down to 187-188.

And I agree about some of the really huge guys not being able to fight, and in fact, a lot of them live in the gym for that very reason. They don't want anyone to mess with them, so they try to get as buff as possible, hoping that'll do the trick. I've always said that grabbing,throwing, etc, isn't really fighting, and if a really big/tall guy went up against someone fairly smaller, that has experience in martial arts, wrestling, boxing, or any other form of hand to hand combat, etc, the big guy ( provided that he has no experience) is always going to get his ass kicked. :ols:

WTF is up with Deion Sanders' new DirecTV commercial? Does that make any sense at all?

(I can't make the obvious "fairy" joke, or the PC police will kick my front door in.) :ols:

Yeah, they're stupid.

On a somewhat related note: Has anyone seen Michael Irvin on NFLN lately? Dude, is a raving lunatic. Plus he looks ridiculous with those black-framed glasses.

Btw, NFLN has become almost unwatchable with Sapp and that other dude (can't believe I'm forgetting his name). They are awful.

People say "I'll drop you like a bad habit."

Really?

Aren't bad habits hard to drop? Drinking, smoking, drugs, internet stalking?

It seems to me that good habits, exercising, going to church, volunteering, random acts of kindness, are much easier to drop.

Anyone have carpal tunnel syndrome???

I compare it to lifting too much weight when you workout and the muscle just gives in. Pain is nuts, I've played sports all my life, I've had broken bones but this pain is horrendous. I even have a bone chip in my foot because I didn't go to the hospital and now when I get ex-rays I can see a small piece of bone floating,

The cool thing about carpal tunnel syndrome is its work related so I got some time off and the doctor gave me 3 months with Pain killers to see if it heals on its own. If it doesn't I'll need surgery.

cons: I can't use my right hand at all, I'm typing and doing everything with my left hand which is really hard.

Pros: time off and Pain Killers which is pretty cool. first time in my life I've had pain killers, its like having a couple of beers.

no, because then it will be time to go back to work!! Let me have my next month off in peace
Meh, when you're not in school summer means nothing except :whew:
^Speaking of excercise, how's that weight loss thing coming along? I remember you posting about going out on a date with a 24 year old chick (allow me to brush your shoulders off), so I assume that you're pretty close to your goal, no?

Thanks for asking. :cheers:

I'm getting there. I've been stuck at 205 for a while now, but that's a lot better than the 270 I used to be. I need to really focus and be dilligent, and I should be able to get under 200 pretty soon. That was my original goal. But seeing the little bit of a beer gut I'm still carrying, I may shoot for 190 or so now. We'll see.

Thanks for asking. :cheers:

I'm getting there. I've been stuck at 205 for a while now, but that's a lot better than the 270 I used to be. I need to really focus and be dilligent, and I should be able to get under 200 pretty soon. That was my original goal. But seeing the little bit of a beer gut I'm still carrying, I may shoot for 190 or so now. We'll see.

Sitting at 207 wanting to be around 185 is irritating.

I was at 240++, supposedly my ideal weight is 175. Not going to happen ever. I would look like Reic in that horrible picture. I got down to 190 and looked great. 175 at nearly 5-10 and with broader shoulders...nope.

185 is coming soon. I just have to get back to working towards it instead of making excuses to do other things.

Sitting at 207 wanting to be around 185 is irritating.

I was at 240++, supposedly my ideal weight is 175. Not going to happen ever. I would look like Reic in that horrible picture. I got down to 190 and looked great. 175 at nearly 5-10 and with broader shoulders...nope.

185 is coming soon. I just have to get back to working towards it instead of making excuses to do other things.

Yeah, that BMI chart is BS, as far as I'm concerned. I'm supposed to be like 165. I was...once; right after I finished basic training. I looked like I'd just gotten out of a concentration camp. Or as my drill sergeant put it, "Pvt. Hog, you look like someone sat a bowling ball on top of a broomstick!" :ols:

Good luck to you, man. You, no, WE can do it!!! :cheers:

Just went to the new Santini's deli in Chantilly for lunch.

I got a Steak and Cheese with no hot peppers, mayo (EWWW), or tomatoes.

I'm sorry, but New York Steak and Cheese's have nothing on Philly cheesesteaks. Provolone is NOT a good cheese for this sandwich. The best cheesesteak I've ever had was in San Francisco- cheez wiz and mushrooms.....mmmmm. Never had one in Philly, though, but it's on my bucket list.

I'm sorry, but New York Steak and Cheese's have nothing on Philly cheesesteaks. Provolone is NOT a good cheese for this sandwich. The best cheesesteak I've ever had was in San Francisco- cheez wiz and mushrooms.....mmmmm. Never had one in Philly, though, but it's on my bucket list.

We've got a Santini's in Vienna, I go there from time to time. The Steak and Cheese is ok, but not close to a Philly one. The calzone's and pizza there are pretty good.

We've got a Santini's in Vienna, I go there from time to time. The Steak and Cheese is ok, but not close to a Philly one. The calzone's and pizza there are pretty good.

Yeah they sent out a pizza as we were waiting for our food, and it looked pretty good. We'll try it at some point. I'm not a big fan of calzones.

Never had a Philly cheesesteak, but the ones in NY have nothing ? Then you add on the cheezwhiz...

Yeah they sent out a pizza as we were waiting for our food, and it looked pretty good. We'll try it at some point. I'm not a big fan of calzones.

A pizza wrap ? Same thing to me. A folded slice ?

:doh:

Edited by Kosher Ham
  • Jumbo changed the title to Random Thought Thread
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic