Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

(rant)

~Bang

Yeah, about that.

See, I'm still waiting on the super complicated project I asked you to do for my website that featured insanely intricate web design and graphics that would require you to do hours upon hours of coding and animation. If my site doesn't have the cutting edge graphics I'll never get enough customers and I'll sue your ass.

AND you aren't seeing a red cent until its done mister so quit ****ing and get back to work. The rest of your projects and your family time can wait. Because I'm THAT important.

~Douche

Had some servers come in from Smokey Bones (reluctantly), they asked me "How are you so much faster than anyone we've ever seen behind this bar?".... I'm starting to think that I came back to my old work, not because I made a bunch of money (which I don't in comparison), but because I kept hearing about how horrible it was for my regulars to come in, to the point they stopped coming in altogether. I've heard from at least 4 people (independently) "Oh you're back at Spring Garden? We went a couple times right after you left and haven't been back, we'll make it up there soon".

People stopped coming in because they couldn't get service when the bar was almost empty (their words) and the bartenders were just talking to people or texting. That makes me angry, because I feel that my bartending reputation is based on the bar you work at. I've told people, "come back in when I'm working, the first beer's on me" because it's like they don't want to come in anymore... But then again, tonight I had 2 guys come in and say "Are you the only one working?" and when I told them "yes" they kinda debated between themselves and decided to leave. But the Smokey Bones people spent about $165 in an hour and a half, those 2 guys would have spent around $20 in 2 hours... I feel proud because that's the first time I had met them, I was busy as hell but moving fast as hell, didn't screw up on their orders, warned them that our $3.25 "lemon drops" were imitation liquor, and I could make them a real one for $6, the whole time just running around, did 40% of our night shift business from 12:30am-2am when the shift starts at 6pm. I rocked that **** out and I'm not ashamed if I come off as ****y but in the last 3 weeks I've been back at my job, I've realized I'm a damn good bartender who cares about his customers, remembers them (even after 4 months being gone to Florida), quick witted, doesn't screw the owners over by giving away drinks purposely, and I am the BEST bartender at my work. I don't use my looks to get tips, I use my theory when I go to bars, which is, "I'll tell you when that's my last beer, until then, keep that **** full."

If I run a bar, I want aggressive drinkers not people looking for conversations and "scenery", or if it's possible to find a hardcore group of both (we had about 8 that came in every Tuesday afternoon and would spend $300-$400 every week and would leave the female bartender >$100) they've since been banned for a reason they won't talk about (I hung out with them last week, while they liked me, I wasn't the kind of bartender they wanted [told me that I might not be cute, but their beer's never empty])

Where in the hell is that "Tipping thread" this post would end that mother ****er... My place could be a great bar that is always packed, but it's not... I just wrote a plea on my FB page begging anyone who hasn't seen me to come back in. I had a guy on Thursday (our busiest night) say "Man I'm so glad you're back, I know I'll get taken care of when I come in" this is a guy who brings 10 people in every Thursday and just sells us out of Heineken, buying them 12 at a time... Has a $100 tab within 2 hours, and for the life of me never gets good service... It makes absolutely no sense to me, if someone's going to come in and drop that kind of cash, sure he might leave you $10 every time, but imagine if you take care of him and make him feel like he's the #1 person at the bar? hell, he left $15 on a $120 tab and then turned around and gave me a $20 saying "If you put this in your tip bucket I'm never coming back, put that in your pocket, I'm glad you're back" And the reason he did that was because when he came up to the bar (the 2nd time, the first time I didn't remember him till he ordered 12 Heinekens) he was the first person I went to, the 3 other bartenders were saying "Oh this guy's tab's $120, let's hope he tips this time", I scolded them so hard, I told them that maybe if they realized that he was tipping on service (this guy buys 12 beers at a time!) rather than looks, then they might get a better tip...

I'm ranting but damnit this really pisses me off... My coworkers are so concerned with "making money and getting out early" that they're blind to what their job description is... Bartender: Step 1) Serve food/alcohol to customers Step 2) Talk with customers Step 3) clean the bar.... IN THAT ORDER, unless the bar is filthy then clear plates and wipe that section of the bar... Don't ignore people at 1AM because you're wiping down the keg cooler or stocking beers that don't need to be stocked until after the bar closes... I went to class at 1:00pm Thursday left class at 5pm, during class my coworker said "Hey I'm at the pool, do you mind going in at 6pm instead of 9pm?" I had no problem with that, it was a tight window, ran into my house, showered, changed and went to work... Well when closing time came, her and the 2 other bartenders left at 3 and I ended up staying till 4:25am waiting on the cooks to finish... Like I said "Making money and getting out early"... You might think I'm a pushover, but I'm just not into workplace drama... (BTW she texted me tonight and asked "You want to come in at 6 instead of 9 tomorrow?" and I agreed because I have to open Sunday...

And another thing!!!!!!! My coworkers are allowed to wear whatever they want, hell one of my coworkers had on a backless shirt (Well it looked like a short apron with 2 ties in the back) but when I wore a button up shirt, a Hard Rock undershirt, and shorts to work, my boss tells me "You look like you just walked in off the street, if you EVER come in wearing anything like this again, I'll send you home" WHAT THE **** IS THAT? I hope to god that they've learned to appreciate me in the time I've been gone...

Edited by IONTOP
ranting... hardcore

Meh I want to see where Brad Richards signs first

---------- Post added July-2nd-2011 at 11:06 AM ----------

Alright, Richards to NYR. East getting better.

Philly, Boston, NYR all want a piece of the Caps

Step your game up DC

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. My ex, who is a good person and never cheated on me, which should be noted... Was always flirting with guys. And every male wanted to get with her. And I've seen other girls who are in relationships, or even married cheating on their men left and right and then when their guy is around hang all over him and act like he's the best thing in the world.

It really makes me never want to get married to anyone. Disloyalty is something I can't tolerate. I've never cheated and never will. If I really have that strong of an urge to cheat, I would break up with the girl I was with first. You don't do that to people. And for the record, I've never ever had close to that urge to do that.

I see all these happy couples walking the street and I doubt to myself whether or not it's real, or if one of them (could be the guy too) or both of them are being disloyal to one another. It's an awful chip to have on your shoulder. I literally feel like I can't trust anyone. I have a few friends I trust with my life... but most of the people I hang with I have no trust in and don't trust them with anything on a personal level. It's sad, because I never used to be that way... But the girl before the last one... I lived with her. We were together for 2 and a half years. I had the ring. She cheated on me with three guys... One of which was her best friends boyfriend, who she's now engaged to. And I've seen him out making out with other chicks. No, I didn't say anything, karma sucks... And I don't really care either... But it's these types of things that make me sour as hell.

There are good girls out there. I know that. But the trick is finding out which ones they are... because girls (and guys too) can put up one hell of a facade and then turn out to be total ****ing scum.

• Like 1

But the girl before the last one... I lived with her. We were together for 2 and a half years. I had the ring. She cheated on me with three guys... One of which was her best friends boyfriend, who she's now engaged to. And I've seen him out making out with other chicks. No, I didn't say anything, karma sucks... And I don't really care either... But it's these types of things that make me sour as hell.

I remember that one from a few years ago. Tough times and tough decisions I know. I was going through something a little similar at the time. Actually you're actions inspired mine and I've been happier since. That said,the above quote can and will dictated how you look at possible relationships in the future. Don't let it. It's one thing to be cautious,but it's very easy to start comparing other girls and situations to the one described above. It can in fact,disrupt future relationships. Whether we're aware of it or not. Have to engage in some introspection sometimes and become aware of when that's happening. Easier said than done,but you have a good head on your shoulders so you'll be okay.

Edited by Park City Skins
I remember that one from a few years ago. Tough times and tough decisions I know. I was going through something a little similar at the time. Actually you're actions inspired mine and I've been happier since. That said,the above quote can and will dictated how you look at possible relationships in the future. Don't let it. It's one thing to be cautious,but it's very easy to start comparing other girls and situations to the one described above. It can in fact,disrupt future relationships. Whether we're aware of it or not. Have to engage in some introspection sometimes and become aware of when that's happening. Easier said than done,but you have a good head on your shoulders so you'll be okay.

Of course, you're right. It's just difficult. I am really having a hard time trusting people. Even friends other than my closest. I'll be fine. In fact, I am fine. Just wish people wore a sign that said: "Fake" or "Real". It would make my life much easier :ols:

Need to watch Talladega nights sometime. "Shake n bake"

Being a big Nascar fan and all, you're probably not gonna believe this, but I didn't find Talladega Nights to be very good. Yeah, it had its funny moments. But overall, just a bunch of silliness. And the sad part is, alot of folks that watch it probably think its an accurate portrayal of the sport.

So what does everyone like to eat when they're hung over? I'd love to know some answers within the next hour or so...

Gas station hot dogs and these coconut cluster things that sell at the front. They are one of those candies that is 2/$1.00.

:whoknows:

If I could, I would marry Nutella.

Well now that gay marriage is legal some places, you'll be able to marry it in a few years.... OMG SLIPPERY SLOPE...

Seriously I'm getting really tired of girls who run away or have to "think about things" after a couple weeks... It always happens and I can't explain why... But they usually come back with something along the lines of "I got overwhelmed by things"... Or "I like you TOO much and I was afraid of getting hurt like that again" Maybe I should just start throwing punches the first couple of dates...

Edited by IONTOP
Well now that gay marriage is legal some places, you'll be able to marry it in a few years.... OMG SLIPPERY SLOPE...

Seriously I'm getting really tired of girls who run away or have to "think about things" after a couple weeks... It always happens and I can't explain why... But they usually come back with something along the lines of "I got overwhelmed by things"... Or "I like you TOO much and I was afraid of getting hurt like that again" Maybe I should just start throwing punches the first couple of dates...

That's their way of saying: "I like you. But there's some other guys I'm interested in too and I don't know what to do. So I'll say that I like you too much and pretend I'm afraid of commitment to see who I really like more"

Don't put the ***** on a pedestal.

But don't change who you are, either. Obviously, they like you.

That's their way of saying: "I like you. But there's some other guys I'm interested in too and I don't know what to do. So I'll say that I like you too much and pretend I'm afraid of commitment to see who I really like more"

Don't put the ***** on a pedestal.

But don't change who you are, either. Obviously, they like you.

Lol you're lucky you don't visit HF

I'm a lot more judgmental there on a ton of topic that anger me :)

I'm pretty subdued here

It's funny how people can be guilty of excessive overanalysis when it comes to certain movies. Of course they can't get from point A to point B in X amount of time, thats why it's called a movie. This almost always occurs when the discussion revolves around action movies. I'm no Roger Ebert, but I have seen far worse movies than Independence Day, far worse.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Jumbo changed the title to Random Thought Thread
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic