Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

Just broke up with the gf. Kinda down, but needed to happen. Mutual decision. She's a good person that wants different things than I do out of life.

Never had that happen to me... It's always been a one sided affair with both parties arguing over who was the side to break it off... Although I haven't actually been in a relationship for 4ish years...

Never had that happen to me... It's always been a one sided affair with both parties arguing over who was the side to break it off... Although I haven't actually been in a relationship for 4ish years...

Well, there were some major issues. She hates kids. We never had time to see each other. Never came to any of my games. Things like that. I am the first one that said, "We're in different places now, this sucks, but, it's the end" but she pretty much thought the same thing. Didn't mean it was easy on either of us. But it was the right move.

Edited by KDawg
Why would she go to the games ?

Just wondering, because if I coached I wouldn't really want her to be there when I need to focus on other things.

I mentioned that, but its not a particular big deal.

And it's support. The basic premise is she didn't really take time to support me, while I was there to support her. She also didn't have the time. She works two jobs and goes to school. I understand her. But we're in different places.

Fair enough. Probably just bad timing, or as they say "not meant to be".

You guys around the same age or is she early 20's ?

My brother and his wife are both back in school at this point and rarely see each other. But they make it work.

You'll be fine though. Better this than demanding strawberry milk and a mop.

Fair enough. Probably just bad timing, or as they say "not meant to be".

You guys around the same age or is she early 20's ?

My brother and his wife are both back in school at this point and rarely see each other. But they make it work.

You'll be fine though. Better this than demanding strawberry milk and a mop.

Yup. Not the time or the place. She's a good person, though. Can't say much bad about her other than she's doing her own thing. And really, that's not bad. It's just not conducive to any kind of relationship, but more power to her. She's a go-getter. And I'm doing the same. Doesn't leave a whole lot of time to be with each other, and in a young relationship it can cause problems. She turned 25 in March. So she's a little bit younger, but not by much.

Awesome that your brother and wife are making it happen.

Edited by KDawg
Holy Jeebus. Just read the domestic violence thread Jay had to close. There's idiocy and then there's idiocy. Wow.

I saw it, too. Just the rantings of a bitter man whose been rejected one too many times.

Sad thing is I had that mindset once. It can be so easy to get angry.

I saw it, too. Just the rantings of a bitter man whose been rejected one too many times.

Sad thing is I had that mindset once. It can be so easy to get angry.

There's a VERY tiny kernel of truth in what he had to say. I mean drastically miniscule. Domestic abuse is a one-shot deal. You get hit, you press charges, you don't go back. I realize that's far easier said than done, but that's how I feel about it. And frankly, I wish I had done it myself. (Long story.)

But at the same time, the gist of his post was "you got what you asked for; so deal." And though there's a lot of competition, that might have been the most asinine thing I've ever read here.

Jayman, sorry for commenting on this here. No intent to circumvent a much-needed thread closing. I was just absolutely shocked by what I read there, and couldn't let it pass by.

• Jumbo changed the title to Random Thought Thread
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic