Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

Has anybody ever tried Chesapeake Bay Brats?

ches_brats.gif

I just picked up a pack of the regulars at Food Lion yesterday. I may go back and pick up a pack of the hot also. First and only time i've seen them, and they didn't have that many so I was just curious if anybody had ever seen them. The manager there said they were awesome, and i've seen a few testimonials online from others saying that they were really good. I don't know if its something you can only get here on the eastern shore or not :whoknows:

Wont feel as good as when they won Lombardi trophies.

Oh absolutely, but the Caps are closer than all of the other teams at this point. In no way would a Stanley Cup compare to the Skins bringing home another Lombardi though. I can't believe its been almost 20 years since we've even played in one.

Went to the Fair yesterday and tried every fried item. And I have to say...the fried beer absolutely sucked. Creative, yes. Good-tasting? Hell no. Picture a plate of ravioli, because that's exactly what it looks like. You bite into it and warm beer oozes out. Sorry, but I don't want warm beer. Hope that doesn't come back next year.

As for other things...the fried frito pie was excellent. Only problem was that it cost way too much for way too little. I was done in about a minute. Next, the fried chocolate. Now THIS was the best item I ate. It was delicious, and I'm not even a big fan of chocolate. YUM to the nth degree. After that I had the deep fried s'mores pop tart. That was terrific as well, but I had it too soon after the fried chocolate. So I just couldn't finish quite all of it. Chocolate overload. Then I had a fried frozen margarita. First couple bites: "mmm yeah, I can taste the alcohol, pretty good." Next couple of bites: "ok this is getting old." Last few bites: "this **** is kinda gross." Yeah, that wasn't very good.

There were plenty of other ones, like the classic fried twinkie, which is always good. But I won't review the rest. It would take too long, and frankly I don't remember them all. :ols:

Went to the Fair yesterday and tried every fried item. And I have to say...the fried beer absolutely sucked. Creative, yes. Good-tasting? Hell no. Picture a plate of ravioli, because that's exactly what it looks like. You bite into it and warm beer oozes out. Sorry, but I don't want warm beer. Hope that doesn't come back next year.

As for other things...the fried frito pie was excellent. Only problem was that it cost way too much for way too little. I was done in about a minute. Next, the fried chocolate. Now THIS was the best item I ate. It was delicious, and I'm not even a big fan of chocolate. YUM to the nth degree. After that I had the deep fried s'mores pop tart. That was terrific as well, but I had it too soon after the fried chocolate. So I just couldn't finish quite all of it. Chocolate overload. Then I had a fried frozen margarita. First couple bites: "mmm yeah, I can taste the alcohol, pretty good." Next couple of bites: "ok this is getting old." Last few bites: "this **** is kinda gross." Yeah, that wasn't very good.

There were plenty of other ones, like the classic fried twinkie, which is always good. But I won't review the rest. It would take too long, and frankly I don't remember them all. :ols:

did you try a fried klondike bar? they had those at the San Diego fair, which I didn't go to this year but I really wanted to try that.

Wont feel as good as when they won Lombardi trophies.

Of course but to see Ovechkin lift the Cup would be amazing. A Superbowl is more prestigious but in terms of the actual trophy, nothing comes remotely close to the history or importance of the Stanley Cup. Plus it would pave Ovechkin's way to the best D.C. athlete ever other than maybe Walter Johnson and Baugh.

Is there a creepier commercial on TV than the Snickers commercial with the kids dressed up as the giant old lady in the super market trying to get that woman to buy a bunch of Snickers for Halloween?

The old lady mask they use is terrifying.

:ols: I'm glad I'm not the only one.

The Snickers commercial reminds me of Saw.

Or some other sort of serial killer.

I thought I was the only one who thought it was uber-creepy until it came on at a sports bar last night where a bunch of my buddies were watching the UM/FSU game, and we all started talking about how unsettling it really is.

Or some other sort of serial killer.

I thought I was the only one who thought it was uber-creepy until it came on at a sports bar last night where a bunch of my buddies were watching the UM/FSU game, and we all started talking about how unsettling it really is.

The part where the lady tries to back away and the " creepy lady" pulls the cart back and says * I'm onlyyy helpiing*, and then proceeds to stuff the cart with more candy, is one of more disturbing scenes I've seen ( for a commercial ) in quite awhile.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
The part where the lady tries to back away and the " creepy lady" pulls it back and says * I'm onlyyy helpiing*, and then proceeds to stuff the cart with more candy, is one of more disturbing scenes I've seen ( for a commercial ) in quite awhile.

The "let me help you" part is the creepiest I think:

Q3JIUN3avWM

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-adv-krikorian-amaze-20101011,0,2580061.story

I have known for a few years that "amazing" was stumbling and that it was only a matter of time before irrelevancy set in, but still it hurts. Probably what irks me the most is how people don't even realize the word needs to be put on the injured reserved list or out to pasture.

Folks, I'm here to tell you officially, it's time. "Amazing" — the most misused, ****ized, overworked superlative in the American language — is no longer valid. Oh, people might still use it ad nauseam, but the significance is gone. And when a word losses its original intent, it's time for retirement.

The final, inevitable blow came last week when a friend described a doughnut to me as amazing. I am big-time into food, but doughnuts are not amazing. They can be tasty; they can be delicious. Nothing wrong with that. But a doughnut cannot stop you in your tracks in wonderment, in, in, in amazement.

• Jumbo changed the title to Random Thought Thread
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic