Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Tony Kornheiser is on the radio talking about the Wire. I still haven't seen an episode yet.

Jason Whitlock always says what a good show it is, but I'm too lazy to watch and as usual, no cable here.

Go get the DVDs. Its one of the best series of all-time. And living it Baltimore, I'd say it does a damn good job of showing what life in the inner city is like.

I swear to God it is impossible for my house to stay clean. I cleaned it twice last week, Julie cleaned it two days ago, and now it's already a mess. :wtf: is goin on here?

Sigh back to cleaning on another beautiful day.

Hire a maid, problem solved :silly:

A year ago at this time, I was finishing one last course in college to graduate, had a steady part-time job, was still living it up in my fraternity house, and starting to date a girl who would eventually turn into my most serious relationship partner yet.

Now, I'm single, dead broke, unemployed, living back home with my parents, and filling out grad school applications/studying for the GMAT while crossing my fingers and praying to God/Jesus/The Spaghetti Monster/Jerry Garcia that I get into the grad school program I want to for the fall.

How quickly things change in just a year.

If it makes you feel any better, my past year's been very similar. You're not alone. I've seen some really, really bad stats about the graduating class of 2009. It was one of the worst times to graduate since WWII.

A year ago at this time, I was finishing one last course in college to graduate, had a steady part-time job, was still living it up in my fraternity house, and starting to date a girl who would eventually turn into my most serious relationship partner yet.

Now, I'm single, dead broke, unemployed, living back home with my parents, and filling out grad school applications/studying for the GMAT while crossing my fingers and praying to God/Jesus/The Spaghetti Monster/Jerry Garcia that I get into the grad school program I want to for the fall.

How quickly things change in just a year.

I could have sworn I typed this post.

I'd like to come an offer some words of wisdom, but I'm literally in the same boat (including a now ex-girlfriend, that *****)

Went from dating the girl of my dreams, who graduated Summa Cum-Laude and got a full ride to UVA law/living it up in college/planning on going to grad school/making decent money at a part time job/getting decent grades to broke, unemployed, living at home while my room mates all have secured awesome jobs.

**** this ****, I wanna go back to college.

If it makes you feel any better, my past year's been very similar. You're not alone. I've seen some really, really bad stats about the graduating class of 2009. It was one of the worst times to graduate since WWII.

Misery loves company.

This is really hard for me to say, but I need to get it out....

I changed my sig because my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer yesterday. I'll wear this sig in honor of her strength, courage, determination, and sense of humor until her victory is won.

"My mom has cancer. Cancer can't have my mom."

-- HH

Sex no longer feels good to me. Even if I bone a girl without a condom it feels like nothing. It's like all sensation is gone. Even popping wood is getting more difficult. I even feel a little soreness/pain down there. And no STDs, I got tested. I am worried, time to see the doc tomorrow.

The one part of my body that is absolutely necessary!

What did the doc say?

I changed my sig because my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer yesterday. I'll wear this sig in honor of her strength, courage, determination, and sense of humor until her victory is won.

-- HH

:grouphug:

-- HH

"Your mom doesn't need to worry about cancer. Cancer needs to worry about your mom."

If she is anything like her son, I sense a KO in Mrs HH's favor.

"Your mom doesn't need to worry about cancer. Cancer needs to worry about your mom."

If she is anything like her son, I sense a KO in Mrs HH's favor.

Too kind, brother. But thank you very much.

And yeah, if I'm a tumor, I'm thinking I made a big ****ing mistake right about now.

-- HH

Good luck, man. Hope things get better soon enough.

My Grandma was recently diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.

(she's undergoing chemo now...well...not right now.)

Good luck, man. Hope things get better soon enough.

My Grandma was recently diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.

(she's undergoing chemo now...well...not right now.)

Thanks, vis. My best to your Grandma as well.

-- HH

My prayers are with you an your mother, HH. I know what you're going through; a little over a year ago my mom won her battle against skin cancer (not exactly the same, but cancer is cancer). She's doing better than ever now, and in July is headed down to Florida to have something like a 40 year reunion with her Vietnam-era Donut Dolly friends.

Archived