Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Community yard sale day today in my development. My house is surrounded by all sorts of odd characters, most of whom still appear to be wearing their pajamas.

By any chance, are there a bunch of above-ground pools in your neighborhood? :pfft:

By any chance, are there a bunch of above-ground pools in your neighborhood? :pfft:

In grounds only as per deed restrictions :) But it's a frickin traffic jam outside. On top of this the Nascar race is in town this weekend, so the population/make-up of the area is slightly askewed this weekend :D

So...

my 21st birthday celebration was awesome - went to see Bob Marley (a ****ing hilarious Maine comedian) at the DC Improv...laughed so hard I had a slight headache after - I highly recommend it to anyone, he's only here for a few more days I think.

Then hung out around Glover Park and then finished the night off in Clarendon and the Clarendon Ballroom for 80's night...good times.

I consumed:

11 beers

- 1 Blue Moon

- 2 Sam Adams Light

- 5 Coors Light

- 1 Sierra Nevada

- 2 Stella Artois

3 shots

- Woodford Reserve Bourbon

- Makers Mark

- Van Winkle Bourbon (1990)

The Van Winkle Bourbon is amazing...highly recommended.

Part 2 starts soon :D

One thing that sucks - I have yet to be carded except when getting into some places...that's about it. I wish I had tried this earlier :ols:

So, I finally breached the blank screen and started the book this evening. My main character is a living, breathing person now, flaws and all. And the scene is beginning to take shape.

I'm getting excited. It's starting to flow a little bit. I still couldn't resist stopping to come hob-nob with my favorite Band of Fools for a bit. ES is like driving through a small town in some ways. Don't blink, or you'll miss it. :)

So, I finally breached the blank screen and started the book this evening. My main character is a living, breathing person now, flaws and all. And the scene is beginning to take shape.

I'm getting excited. It's starting to flow a little bit. I still couldn't resist stopping to come hob-nob with my favorite Band of Fools for a bit. ES is like driving through a small town in some ways. Don't blink, or you'll miss it. :)

Does he wear a tight hat and play in a jug band? :silly:

So all my grades are finally in. I didn't make the Dean's List, which was my goal at the beginning of the semester, but did MUCH better than I thought I did when waiting for my grades to come in. :D

What did your Unca Hog tell you, Slack? I knew you were good. But like I said, use the stress of the last few days to light that fire under your ass, man. There ain't a damned thing you can't do.

Does he wear a tight hat and play in a jug band? :silly:

No. :ols:

But he is a redneck-azz, unkempt, NASCAR fan. (A few things I know a little something about.) :)

Edit: HH that's awesome, dude!

Thanks!

It's funny. That blank page was like walking up and talking to a girl I liked in high school or something. That first step was pretty daunting, but now I'm just kind of rolling with it.

I hope the payoff is a little better than some of my HS flings. :ols:

You said it was a story, not your autobiography.

Well, honestly, I've wanted to write for a long time. And I thought it best to start with something I can relate to. :)

Dude is going to basically be me (an alcoholic, terrible luck with women, more questions about himself than answers) but look like a young Matthew McConaghey (if MM was a filthy redneck auto mechanic.) Not that there's anything wrong with that. :pfft:

Well, honestly, I've wanted to write for a long time. And I thought it best to start with something I can relate to. :)

Dude is going to basically be me (an alcoholic, terrible luck with women, more questions about himself than answers) but look like a young Matthew McConaghey (if MM was a filthy redneck auto mechanic.) Not that there's anything wrong with that. :pfft:

Well good luck with it HH, you know I'll be first in line to buy the book after you get it published and become famous.

Thanks!

It's funny. That blank page was like walking up and talking to a girl I liked in high school or something. That first step was pretty daunting, but now I'm just kind of rolling with it.

I hope the payoff is a little better than some of my HS flings. :ols:

Yeah I hear you...blank pages are terrifying. But you're sorta inspiring me to gettin my ass back into writing....get off ES and back to the novel....but gettin started is the hardest part. But you've got your idea, so go with it. And lemme know if you want someone to read it :)

Archived