Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Did you meet him recently?

Yes, a few times. He comes down to the OTC quite a bit to train.

First time was at a karaoke bar across the street from the OTC where all the wrestlers hang out on the weekends and he was a jerk.

Most recently, this week at the OTC. Again, major poophead.

I think I'm a pretty good judge of character, and it wasn't like it was some fan event or photo op where Phelps had to put on his nice face. The times have been just him hanging out with other athletes and their wives and girlfriends and friends and he was just incredibly arrogant.

It's sad. He's such an amazing athlete. I really wish he could have a nice personality to go along with his athleticism.

I have actually heard the same thing about Phelps.

The guy went from nobody, to superstar in a matter of weeks. He should be a little humble really.

Yeah, my cousins live in Towson and have a bunch of close friends who went to high school with him. They have always said that about Phelps, even when he was in high school. I never wanted to believe it...I just figured he was kind of socially inept and was maybe taken the wrong way, particularly in high school where kids can be kinda mean. However, I was wrong, it's definitely more than social ineptness, lol.

My husband has been at the OTC for over 2 years now and very much dislikes the guy. In fact, he said Phelps is probably one of the most disliked Olympic athletes, if not THE most, among other Olympic athletes. Apparently he walks around the training center when he's down here and acts like he owns the place. He's even tried to get the weight room closed, this would be the ATHLETE weight room at the training center that is meant for ALL TEAM USA athletes, so he can have the weight room to himself when he works out. Like the other Olympic athletes really give two craps he's working out in there and are going to bother him. :rolleyes:

Anyway, enough bad talk about the guy from me. I was just super annoyed when I came home last night and vented in here, lol. I just hate when people act like they're God's gift to this earth. He's an incredible athlete though. I'll always respect his talent and athleticism.

care to elaborate or is this a phone call thing?

Phone call at some point. Once I get my head wrapped around things, and realize the whole world isn't piled on me; in spite of the fact that it feels that way.

when it rains, it pours.

sometime ago, i posted in a thread about age differences in dating - couldn't find it. mentioned that at age 27, i dated a very attractive flight attendant who was ten years my senior. saw her about a year ago just after she turned 60 - she looked no more than 40 and was still stunningly attractive.

for whatever reason, she wanted to be with me and no one else. for some stupid reason - even after a year of dating and becoming serious - i never could quite get over the age difference. but i never really got over her either.

she passed away suddenly yesterday. she died alone. this post is not for me - it is for her. no one should ever die alone. never.

when it rains, it pours.

sometime ago, i posted in a thread about age differences in dating - couldn't find it. mentioned that at age 27, i dated a very attractive flight attendant who was ten years my senior. saw her about a year ago just after she turned 60 - she looked no more than 40 and was still stunningly attractive.

for whatever reason, she wanted to be with me and no one else. for some stupid reason - even after a year of dating and becoming serious - i never could quite get over the age difference. but i never really got over her either.

she passed away suddenly yesterday. she died alone. this post is not for me - it is for her. no one should ever die alone. never.

Man, I thought this post was going to have a happy ending, but it took a tragic turn :(

R.I.P

Archived