Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

My oldest daughter, Lacy was drawing on her white-board desk tonight. I asked her what she was doing, she said "fractions." She's in first grade.

Sure enough, she had sounded it out, and wrote "fracchins" accross the top of the board. She then drew a rectangle, divided it in three equal parts, and colored one in. Below it, she wrote "1/3." Then she drew a circle, divided it in four equal parts, and colored one in. Below it, she wrote "1/4."

I'm so proud of her. She loves school, and has gotten perfect report cards from day one. She has never missed a word on a spelling test, and recently got 25/25 on a one-minute timed addition/subtraction test.

She is incredibly motivated to learn on her own, and always wants to be doing, and learning, something new.

I hope she never loses her desire to learn. Knowledge really is power.

She's given the choice every night to watch a video as she falls asleep, or to read. To date, she has chosen reading EVERY time. She's recently gotten into reading her children's Bible, and loves to talk about the stories in there with me when I get to see her.

I thank the Lord everyday that such perfect children can come from such imperfect people. God bless both of my "angels on earth."

Somebody go to the Stadium and start a thread titled "JaMarcus Russell is rumored to be imminently released : Should We ?"

:rotflmao: " Now go ahead. I'll be behind you so if we have to run,I can lead the way."

My oldest daughter, Lacy was drawing on her white-board desk tonight. I asked her what she was doing, she said "fractions." She's in first grade.

Sure enough, she had sounded it out, and wrote "fracchins" accross the top of the board. She then drew a rectangle, divided it in three equal parts, and colored one in. Below it, she wrote "1/3." Then she drew a circle, divided it in four equal parts, and colored one in. Below it, she wrote "1/4."

I'm so proud of her. She loves school, and has gotten perfect report cards from day one. She has never missed a word on a spelling test, and recently got 25/25 on a one-minute timed addition/subtraction test.

She is incredibly motivated to learn on her own, and always wants to be doing, and learning, something new.

I hope she never loses her desire to learn. Knowledge really is power.

She's given the choice every night to watch a video as she falls asleep, or to read. To date, she has chosen reading EVERY time. She's recently gotten into reading her children's Bible, and loves to talk about the stories in there with me when I get to see her.

I thank the Lord everyday that such perfect children can come from such imperfect people. God bless both of my "angles on earth."

That's really a beautiful story. Think I'll go to bed now since it's always good to end the night on a good note :)

Phillip Daniels taking questions over in The Stadum. I wonder how long it will be before we see a PFT or JLC story quoting sources and such? ;)

if that happens, extremskins membership will explode - if this site gets strong attention. yeah, you mods will have your hands full at that point - not unlike now. :ols:

if that happens, extremskins membership will explode - if this site gets strong attention. yeah, you mods will have your hands full at that point - not unlike now. :ols:

Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop drinking.

airplane_steve_mccrosky.jpg

Archived