Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Are you aware that you can listen to ESPN 980 by simply clicking on the icon found in the upper right hand corner?

Yes however that link probably replaced all the ads and Mr. Tony's plugs for "Window Nation"

In addition link is also behind

I was able to hear the show today off AM radio like one of those old-time folk. :)

I learned today that if the orbit of Pluto was made into a quarter than it would take 80 meters to reach the closest star not including the sun. If were to do the diameter of the milky way galaxy then it would go from southern California to some city in south Dakota.

I also something about the emptyness of space but I forgot. Something like if you strected a cube with a volume of one cubic centimeter so that it's contents of molecules would equaly 1 atom per cubic centimeter then this little cube would stretch 27 thousand lightyears. I learned that if you taught me this a googolplex times more the chances of me not falling asleep would still be zero.

Why is Portland (Oregon) referred to as PDX? Where's the X come from?

Airports are required to have three letter code identifiers - this was established about seventy years ago - give or take a few years. At the time, many aiports had two letter identifiers and simply added the "X" - for example, Los Angeles (LA) became LAX.

Hope that helps.

Your Pittsburgh Pirates.

3 1/2 games up on the BOSTON RED SOX, 6 on the O's, a half game on the upstart Nats, even with the Braves.

Payroll pwntership.

I would bet pretty much everthing I own that the Pirates don't finish the season with a better record than Atlanta. Or Boston, for that matter. They still have about 150 games to play.:cool:

I would bet pretty much everthing I own that the Pirates don't finish the season with a better record than Atlanta. Or Boston, for that matter. They still have about 150 games to play.:cool:

You were offered a bet.

You backed down.

:pfft: But seriously, I like to see new teams make the playoffs, so I'd love to see the Pirates win the NL Central.

Ain't happening. But I'll enjoy this while it lasts. Bubble Screen promised me it would be over by now. :ols:

Archived