Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

13 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Not fair to judge a movie when you don't pay attention to it.

Also Cohen Brothers are masters in their own right.  No need to bring in other directors for comparison.

For me, Cohen Brothers movies tend to be either brilliant like The Big Lebowski, Blood Simple, or O Brother Where Art Thou...or they are painfully stupid like Intolerable Cruelty or Raising Arizona.  I suppose it's a testament to their daring that they try so many different avenues.

It is so annoying that my sister-in-law does not understand the concept of an RSVP.  If I ever send her an invitation, to anything, and request an RSVP, she sends back a "maybe.'  THAT IS ****ING UNHELPFUL.  I am planning a thing.  I need to know how many people are coming.  Everyone else....EVERYONE else...can give me a yes or no, and either way I can plan accordingly.  A ****ing maybe is useless.  If a maybe was an acceptable answer, I WOULD NOT HAVE REQUESTED AN RSVP.  

/rant (for now). 

15 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It is so annoying that my sister-in-law does not understand the concept of an RSVP.  If I ever send her an invitation, to anything, and request an RSVP, she sends back a "maybe.'  THAT IS ****ING UNHELPFUL.  I am planning a thing.  I need to know how many people are coming.  Everyone else....EVERYONE else...can give me a yes or no, and either way I can plan accordingly.  A ****ing maybe is useless.  If a maybe was an acceptable answer, I WOULD NOT HAVE REQUESTED AN RSVP.  

/rant (for now). 

Does she have a legit reason?  I often have to say “maybe” to many things but it is because a) the military really controls my schedule and b) I have a lot of medical stuff going on and it is hard to plan too far out because I sometimes have to take appointments whenever I can get in.

3 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I stop inviting those type of folks. 

Waste of my time. 

I would if there weren't family politics involved.  I was hoping to get a "no" in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Does she have a legit reason?  I often have to say “maybe” to many things but it is because a) the military really controls my schedule and b) I have a lot of medical stuff going on and it is hard to plan too far out because I sometimes have to take appointments whenever I can get in.

I get that, my schedule is also often at the mercy at my employer.  Sister in law just wants to see if she has anything better to do at that particular time, so she can make a game-time decision.  Which is why she does it EVERY TIME.  

My son turns 21 this year...

Natural Light giving free beer to anyone turning 21 this year

CLEVELAND (WJW) — Are you turning 21 this year? Well, Natural Light wants to help you celebrate.

The beer company says they're giving away a free case of Natty Light to anyone who turns 21 in 2020.

First off, the birthday boy or girl needs to purchase a case of Natty.

Then, they must submit their receipt or UPC code for their purchase on the website My Beer Rebate.

Natural Light says customers must provide documentation proving that they turned 21 this year.

After submitting the rebate, the company will then refund the cost of the case.

Click on the link for more

I hate when people park in a parking lot empty of cars, right next to my car.  I go out there and move my car to where the cameras are earlier than I expected to have to.  Brights on, right in your back window.  This is my property son, per the building owner.  I have a fun Doberman to introduce you to, named Zeus.  And a 9.  Crack shot.

30 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I hate when people park in a parking lot empty of cars, right next to my car.  I go out there and move my car to where the cameras are earlier than I expected to have to.  Brights on, right in your back window.  This is my property son, per the building owner.  I have a fun Doberman to introduce you to, named Zeus.  And a 9.  Crack shot.

Lighten up, Francis.  

19 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

Capiche?

Fyi, capisc' is short for the Italian phrase "capisci" ( or if formal "capisce")

Capiche might be how one would spell it phonetically if it were French...but it's not.  Capiche in Italian phonetically would be pronounced ka PEE Kay.

If you want to sound like a cosa nostra, spell it in English phonetics "capeesh"

17 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

OK, now I found it (must remember... search engine is my friend). Sorry, got lazy.

That thread has run its course for people to talk about what they believe in a reasonably respectful manner, if you posted it in there I would've said it needed it's own thread.

5 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Fyi, capisc' is short for the Italian phrase "capisci" ( or if formal "capisce")

Capiche might be how one would spell it phonetically if it were French...but it's not.  Capiche in Italian phonetically would be pronounced ka PEE Kay.

If you want to sound like a cosa nostra, spell it in English phonetics "capeesh"

https://grammarist.com/spelling/capiche/

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

That thread has run its course for people to talk about what they believe in a reasonably respectful manner, if you posted it in there I would've said it needed it's own thread.

I usually don't like starting threads, but yeah I guess I should have. I also had no idea there was a rule in the OP's opening thread. Just read it now. My apologies to everyone for not knowing the rules of this thread.

Archived